Seeking Work Advice

OP
Davsey85

Davsey85

Update

I have tried blue light blocking glasses(big orange uvex glasses) for my 10 hour shifts and feel no benefit.I work at a delta airlines call center and last night only received maybe 5 calls the whole shift and still slept very poorly and wired.Before my 3-1am shift yesterday I walked at the park for close to 3 hours and felt good my first 6 hours and then it after that it felt like all the endorphins from walking in nature was sucked out of me.I woke up several times throughout the night even after wearing those glasses 3 hours before bed.Today on my day off I walked for a couple of hours again by the lake at a park and feel slightly better.It has been about 26 hours from my shift and I still don't feel recovered.I know there is some kind of electromagnetic frequency there that is doing this with the wireless phones,wifi and hundreds of cell phones.Seems like these companies only care about profit.Over the last few months I developed random muscle twitches that can happen anywhere even with magnesium supplementation.As a last ditch effort I asked my supervisor if I could work 6 hour shifts.Its usually not until 2 days of not working there where I feel like my neurons are not depleted.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Update

I have tried blue light blocking glasses(big orange uvex glasses) for my 10 hour shifts and feel no benefit.I work at a delta airlines call center and last night only received maybe 5 calls the whole shift and still slept very poorly and wired.Before my 3-1am shift yesterday I walked at the park for close to 3 hours and felt good my first 6 hours and then it after that it felt like all the endorphins from walking in nature was sucked out of me.I woke up several times throughout the night even after wearing those glasses 3 hours before bed.Today on my day off I walked for a couple of hours again by the lake at a park and feel slightly better.It has been about 26 hours from my shift and I still don't feel recovered.I know there is some kind of electromagnetic frequency there that is doing this with the wireless phones,wifi and hundreds of cell phones.Seems like these companies only care about profit.Over the last few months I developed random muscle twitches that can happen anywhere even with magnesium supplementation.As a last ditch effort I asked my supervisor if I could work 6 hour shifts.Its usually not until 2 days of not working there where I feel like my neurons are not depleted.
Sorry to hear the blue blocking glasses didn't help. Your probably right about the EMF's and such. I believe @Tarmander has done some research into that subject.

Luckytype

I feel for you big time. Loud noises and deep bassy thumping noises are truly enraging when youre sleep deprived. Unfortunately ive had a lot of experience with this(oddly college housing is quieter than fvcking adult condos).

Its not the absolute best but after a sugary, salty meal and a warm slow moving shower, chill out with red light. Read or write or just hang out.

When youre a little more relaxed get some ear plugs roll them tighly between your fingers and block the most of your ear canal from sound. The first couple days will be a little odd hearing basically silence but eventually your body will get conditioned to silence and you wont be anticipating the noise. I remember the most stressful times in my life were worsened by anticipating people slamming ***t or thumping around. Great quality ear plugs eliminate this so you arent "searching" for the sound. Your ear canals may be a little achy, mine can be at times but the silence is worth it.

Tarmander

Update

Are you actually at an airport?

OP
Davsey85

Davsey85

Its actually a few minutes away from the atlanta airport.I work in the Delta OCC Center.I am scheduled to work 3pm-1am later today and cannot handle another day of this.Off days are spent recovering not a fun way to exist.@luckytype there is no loud sounds it is just feels like i have all the energy drained out of me after that long walk.All that dopamine feels like it is gone neurons depleted.Twitches and vibration throughout the body as well as tension and anxiety.Ive tried meditation,epsom salt,deep breathing none of which seem to help me recover quick enough.

Last edited:

Luckytype

My mistake I was going off of the loud door slamming by the parents.

This is going to sound idiotic but have you tried stretching your whole body after a salt bath? Like physically making the effort to lengthen all the things that stay in 1 position during your work shift?

Im talking like regularly each day after work, each muscle group especially the hips glutes and thighs/calves. And im talking like not just jerk stretching but elogating and holding for at least 30 seconds per stretch.

DrJ

@Davsey85 If I recall correctly, blue light to the eyes (from monitors) tends to deplete vitamin A and vitamin D, so you might consider an ounce or two of liver 1-2 times a week as you determine by how you feel. Also some good saturated fat (like grass-fed butter which has A and D also) to help you absorb those fat-soluble vitamins. I also have to spend a lot of time in front of a computer writing code, and one of the things that has been most beneficial has been getting a standing desk. It forced me to improve and be aware of my posture, and made me more aware that I was tensing up so I could get a hint that I needed to stretch more or take more magnesium. In a chair, you can slump, and although it seems like it might be a relaxing pose, it actually is tensing up/over-activating certain muscle groups as you 'cave in' your shoulders and chest. You'll eventually end up with the hump-back look this way. I personally have to constantly fight "forward head" and do exercises daily to that end. Also, already being standing raised my "awareness to novelty" so I would feel much more free to just walk off and go do something like walk the manufacturing line or talk to folks. I thought of it as a bit "anti-learned-helplessness" i.e. anti-serotonin. If you can, take a 10 min walk outside once or twice a day.

Regarding health careers, I dated a nurse (RN) for a while and I can't count the number of times she came over balling and most date nights the first hour would be her telling me her (awful-sounding to me) day and getting that off her chest. I will never forget one night where she was uncontrollably crying and asked me to take her sneakers outside and wash off the body fluids. Seems like it can be pretty rough depending on your role; I think she was in trauma which may be one of the more stressful.

I worked in a radiology dept in grad school and I always thought the radiation techs who ran the scans seemed to be set up pretty well. Very happy, friendly, didn't seem stressed. They would always be moving around. Running scans, talking to patients, making sure they were comfortable and not nervous. I could always count on them for good conversation wherever I ran into them; cafeteria or imaging suite. No body fluids in imaging that I could tell. I think it was a 2 year program to do that, and I think it pays pretty well. In particular, one guy I remember was super fit, cheerful, calm, and friendly to everyone. Great dude to shoot the stuff with. He had enough time to do BJJ classes and work up to a black belt, so it seemed like you could have a life outside of it. Can only echo Blossom in saying you should try and check with more people on this rather than just my one observation.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
work in the Delta OCC Center.I am scheduled to work 3pm-1am later today and cannot handle another day of this.Off days are spent recovering not a fun way to exist.
I think part of the challenge might be because it's shift work. I just say that because I've spent many years doing it myself and whenever I have a job that is longer than 8 hour shift or involves working after 10 pm or before 7 am I struggle to recover. It seems some people adapt to it better than others. I can do it and I'm currently doing it but I spend at least one day recovering where I need more rest and don't feel very motivated to do much.

OP
Davsey85

Davsey85

I spoke to my supervisor who allowed me to work 3-11 yesterday instead of 3-1 and i feel a little better today whereas with the 3-1 the stress level would be a 10 the following day and with the 3-11 maybe a 6.5 so far today.She also said she would look into the 6 hour shifts.Also noticed that walking barefoot on grass seems to help a bit with recovery.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I spoke to my supervisor who allowed me to work 3-11 yesterday instead of 3-1 and i feel a little better today whereas with the 3-1 the stress level would be a 10 the following day and with the 3-11 maybe a 6.5 so far today.She also said she would look into the 6 hour shifts.Also noticed that walking barefoot on grass seems to help a bit with recovery.
That's great!

OP
Davsey85

Davsey85

Last time i worked on Saturday night i woke up not feeling to well and ended up emailing my supervisor and

letting her know that while i enjoy working there i can not work at the moment until i get this situation

resolved.Waking up with sore throat,flu like symptoms,anxiety and malaise.This is not fun don't get these kind of

symptoms on days after no work so it seems to me it is something in the workplace.My penis felt cold i felt cold

under my nose and this morning after being off for a couple days i actually got some morning wood as opposed

to shrinking that i would get following work.Now that i think of it not once do i recall on the morning following

work getting morning wood.The work environment was not stressfull at all and it has been slow lately so i can

only deduce that this is a result of some kind of electromagnetic frequency or radiation.I purchased this device

and told my supervisor that i hope to be back soon and that it would take up to a week for me to receive this.I

don't know if they will allow me to comeback but i had to do it.Aires Defender Infinity - Universal Stabilizer

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Last time i worked on Saturday night i woke up not feeling to well and ended up emailing my supervisor and

letting her know that while i enjoy working there i can not work at the moment until i get this situation

resolved.Waking up with sore throat,flu like symptoms,anxiety and malaise.This is not fun don't get these kind of

symptoms on days after no work so it seems to me it is something in the workplace.My penis felt cold i felt cold

under my nose and this morning after being off for a couple days i actually got some morning wood as opposed

to shrinking that i would get following work.Now that i think of it not once do i recall on the morning following

work getting morning wood.The work environment was not stressfull at all and it has been slow lately so i can

only deduce that this is a result of some kind of electromagnetic frequency or radiation.I purchased this device

and told my supervisor that i hope to be back soon and that it would take up to a week for me to receive this.I

don't know if they will allow me to comeback but i had to do it.Aires Defender Infinity - Universal Stabilizer
I recently did something similar by refusing to work at a specific hospital due to poor work conditions. There's nothing wrong with not working in an environment that's harmful to your health imo.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Also I hope that device helps you!

achillea

One of the big needs that is only going to increase in the future is people who are reliable and can fix peoples home problems. I started doing what is called handyman work about 30 years ago and was busy all the time. Find a community college or night courses where you can learn electrical, carpentry, and plumbing. In my experience I never had to do much but set a toilet, fix a faucet, rewire a plug, put in doors....but people do not know how to do these jobs or do not have the time. I used to charge so much by the job or by the hour. If they paid cash I would give them a discount. Reliability and honesty and you would be surprised how much fun it is and how much money you can make.

DaveFoster

@Davsey85

When I have long stretches of coursework (5-6 hours of mental labor), I dissolve three to four 4 mg cyproheptadine tablets in hot water and sip that over the course of a few hours (avoiding what settles at the bottom of the ramekin) and use coffee or caffeine powder as a stimulant, all of this in addition to regular dosages of B-vitamins, pharmaceutical antidepressants such as lamotrigine and mirtazapine, some fat-soluble vitamins, aspirin.

I'll take pregnenolone in the morning (500 mg), and then use a couple drops of progesterone in vitamin E (Progest-E or Kenogen) if I get anxious, as it synergizes with the cyproheptadine. Carrots and cascara help any gut troubles and constipation respectively.

I also shine 3 heat lamps on my legs and one to the side of my face (the last on a boom-mic crane,) where I turn them on every 15 minutes or so for about 5-10 minutes.

I hope to eventually wean off the antidepressants and replace their anti-stress actions with thyroid. If my pulse drops into the 70s I'll take some T3 to bring it up into the 80s and take some T4 before bedtime, slowly increasing the dose of T4 every few weeks.

The purpose of doing all this would be to tranquilize the person and neutralize any pain of social isolation, but it's often necessary to navigate away from professions with little tangible meaning.

Last edited:
OP
Davsey85

Davsey85

I have my bachelors in health sciences and am thinking about getting into health coaching.One of my friends introduced me to a lady who is a health coach and recommended this program to me.Emory is one of the major hospitals here in Atlanta and they have a 12 week training program.I have around 8k in savings and the programs runs for about 3,400(credit union available).Long-term i would be content making 2-3k per month making a difference in people's life but am worried about the gamble and blowing the money i saved working 8 months working part-time at Delta living at home with my parents.
Emory Health Coach Certificate- Home

achillea

I have my bachelors in health sciences and am thinking about getting into health coaching.One of my friends introduced me to a lady who is a health coach and recommended this program to me.Emory is one of the major hospitals here in Atlanta and they have a 12 week training program.I have around 8k in savings and the programs runs for about 3,400(credit union available).Long-term i would be content making 2-3k per month making a difference in people's life but am worried about the gamble and blowing the money i saved working 8 months working part-time at Delta living at home with my parents.
Emory Health Coach Certificate- Home

Your first client needs to be you.

JohnA

Your first client needs to be you.

Agreed. To be honest, this job doesn't seem that unhealthy. Your call load is not super stressful (you said you only received 5 calls during one shift) and your hours aren't that crazy. Millions of people stay up past 1am staring into their phones and aren't complaining about the serious symptoms you are.

Could you find a healthier job? Of course. But I think you're generally in a poor state of health and you're making it worse by needlessly stressing out about how unhealthy your job is.

OP
Davsey85

Davsey85

Agreed. To be honest, this job doesn't seem that unhealthy. Your call load is not super stressful (you said you only received 5 calls during one shift) and your hours aren't that crazy. Millions of people stay up past 1am staring into their phones and aren't complaining about the serious symptoms you are.

Could you find a healthier job? Of course. But I think you're generally in a poor state of health and you're making it worse by needlessly stressing out about how unhealthy your job is.

With all due respect I don't think the job is healthy for everyone.I have been off work for 3 days and i feel alot

better.I don't wake up feeling ill and malaise like i did after an 8 hour or 10 hour shift and like i said i do not

mind the work however i do know there is something going on in the environment. I have spent time away

from electronics in the woods and can differently sense a different vibration that isn't making me feel

ill.Electromagnetic frequencies and Electromagnetic radiation is a real thing and it effects everyone

differently.Seven and a half billion human mutations in this world everyone's dna is unique. Alot of my fellow

coworkers eat fast food multiple times a week with PUFA'S and seem to be functioning

ok.Industrial military complex that has killed many species in this planet for the expansion

of the human colony i would not think is concerned about the effects it may have on one

individual.I have to do my own research,experiments and use my own anecdotal evidence

to get by in this world. Fortunately, there are good sides to capitalism which is why people

attempts to create technologies used to protect one from the negative effects of technologies

that were created in the first place.

Last edited: