Seeing Supplements as Regular Food

J

j.

When people hear Dr. Peat say that "salt is the safest supplement", I bet many are surprised for a moment that salt is considered a supplement. But it really is an unnatural, processed product, although a beneficial one. Given that, it seems to me that Dr Peat might have forgotten for a second that table sugar is a supplement as well, which I think should really be seen as the safest supplement.

OP
J

j.

It also seemed odd to me that Dr. Peat considered darkness a "stress". But we also consider not eating a stress, so when the body doesn't have food, it suffers the stress of hunger, and when it doesn't receive light, it suffers the stress of darkness.

Suikerbuik

“Decreased blood sugar is a basic signal for the release of adrenal hormones.”
-Ray Peat, PhD

2nd quote on this forum :D

Suikerbuik

Not light in general, but this is an interesting observation below,

Bright light exposure significantly reduced plasma cortisol levels at both circadian phases studied, whereas dim light exposure had little effect on cortisol levels. The finding of an acute suppressive effect of bright light exposure on cortisol levels supports the existence of a mechanism by which photic information can acutely influence the human adrenal glands.

http://jbr.sagepub.com/content/25/3/208

OP
J

j.

When I took too much thyroid and was very sensitive to adrenalin, I slept a lot better having 800 watt incandescent lights on. I thought this has to lower adrenalin, or at least the feel of it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals