Secrets of Longevity's stance on Ray Peat

halken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPy6PuiU2ZM

Govan Kilgour discusses his views on the pros and cons of RP.

I was wondering what people here think of his views?

I think Govan has some interesting information on herbs and tinctures but I find his stance that RP is a "reductionist" thinker to be quite absurd and illogical. Part of me thinks maybe he doesn't understand Peat like he thinks he does and other times I think he might just be somewhat afraid that some of the things Peat has proposed over the years reveals that some of the things Govan promotes is bull****. Or perhaps he hasn't read enough on Peat to really make such a false claim?

I can't really tell for sure, but he is entitled to his opinion.

Brian

Ray Peat's work does not suggest a one size fits all diet. It simply shows the advantages of oxidative metabolism over less efficient and beneficial pathways for energy production. There are several legitimate ways to achieve oxidative, thyroid driven metabolism. What they all have in common is a full nutrition of easily digested vitamins, minerals and calories that don't irritate the GI tract or cause an overgrowth of bacteria or create imbalances in important mineral ratios such as phosphorous/calcium, sodium/potassium, and copper/zinc or fat ratios of PUFA/Saturated. They also include lifestyle and diet factors that keep estrogen, serotonin, and prolactin low.

I don't think the high fructose and dairy centered diet is for everybody and it doesn't have to be, there are many other ways to achieve oxidative metabolism. This can be done with high fat or high carb or even an even mix of the macros in the right context (usually only bodybuilding or hard labor). I also think it can be done with starch as long as bacteria are kept under control through added fat, carrot salad, antibiotics, or just a very robust immune system.

Ray Peat's work ultimately shows you how to adapt the foods you have available to you in order to achieve a better metabolism depending on your lifestyle and which foods or supplements might help fill in the gaps in your context.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals