Secret ‘Catacombs Pact’ Emerges After 50 Years, And Pope Francis Gives It New Life

amd

Karl Marx inspired .. Klaus Schwab approved

Secret ‘Catacombs Pact’ Emerges After 50 Years, And Pope Francis Gives It New Life (2015)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...822ffc-8263-11e5-8bd2-680fff868306_story.html

ROME — On the evening of Nov. 16, 1965, quietly alerted to the event by word-of-mouth, some 40 Roman Catholic bishops made their way to celebrate Mass in an ancient, underground basilica in the Catacombs of Domitilla on the outskirts of the Eternal City.

The chief presider at the catacombs Mass 50 years ago was a Belgian bishop, Charles-Marie Himmer, and a number of other progressive Europeans took part as well. But the bulk of the celebrants were Latin American prelates, such as the famous Brazilian archbishop and champion of the poor, Dom Helder Camara, who kept the spirit of the Catacombs Pact alive — as best they could.

But perhaps nothing has revived and legitimated the Pact of the Catacombs as much as the surprise election, in March 2013, of Argentine Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio — Pope Francis.

While never citing the Catacombs Pact specifically, Francis has evoked its language and principles, telling journalists within days of his election that he wished for a “poor church, for the poor,” and from the start shunning the finery and perks of his office, preferring to live in the Vatican guesthouse rather than the apostolic palace. He stressed that all bishops should also live simply and humbly, and the pontiff has continually exhorted pastors to “have the smell of the sheep,” staying close to those most in need and being welcoming and inclusive at every turn.

“His program is to a high degree what the Catacomb Pact was,” Cardinal Walter Kasper, a retired German theologian who is close to the pope, said in an interview earlier this year at his apartment next to the Vatican.

cupofcoffee

What's wrong with this in particular?

The Pact said they would "try to live according to the ordinary manner of our people in all that concerns housing, food, means of transport.... We renounce forever the appearance and the substance of wealth, especially in clothing ... and symbols made of precious metals."

cupofcoffee

For one thing, the blatant hypocrisy of it all. Have you seen where the Pope resides?
Yeah i know, but i don't see anything wrong with this in particular. It's indeed hypocritical but even so a commitment to humility in the church Isn't that bad or untypical since, if i recall correctly, the bible Isn't very pro-rich people and luxuries.

Summer

Yeah i know, but i don't see anything wrong with this in particular. It's indeed hypocritical but even so a commitment to humility in the church Isn't that bad or untypical since, if i recall correctly, the bible Isn't very pro-rich people and luxuries.
Yes, there are many scriptures to back up your recollection, but I think it’s important to be weary of the Papacy (or any authority) who pushes for voluntary poverty for the masses and not themselves.

cupofcoffee

Yes, there are many scriptures to back up your recollection, but I think it’s important to be weary of the Papacy (or any authority) who pushes for voluntary poverty for the masses and not themselves.
You're right

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom