Seborrheic Dermatitis

Nebula

Hello
you can also add what you use and in what proportions.
Whether you are using sodium acetate or baking soda.
You can make sodium acetate with apple cider vinegar (acetic acid) and baking soda. I did 1tsp baking soda and a little over 3 tablespoons vinegar. After it’s fully reacted I poured it into another cup leaving any unreacted baking soda behind then added a cup of water. Fully saturated my scalp with it for an hour.

I also rinsed with two tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide in a cup of water. Leaving it on for a few minutes before rinsing off in the shower.

Motif

Is there anyone here with this condition who has found a dietary solution?

I get frequent flare-ups of this on my scalp and under my facial hair. It seems to improve when I stop eating wheat, but it's still there. Sadly, I'm starting to suspect that cheese might be another problem, and maybe even sugar.

I also have some sort of yeast coating on my tongue which must be related.

Improvement meanwhile?

jaype

I've had this condition for 15 years. I go through periods where it's non existent but when I get flare up, it's pretty bad on my face. Also noticed that the flare ups occur during periods of high stress. I visit the seb derm reddit sometimes and a few things that I found interesting :

some users reporting success from treating it internally with these things:
-high dose vitamin D
-vitamin E
-Cabergoline (this was is super interesting to me) it was used to lower high prolactin and D2 agonism.
-Repairing the skin barrier (it's found that in SD patients the skin barrier isn't functioning optimally) with products that contain ceramides / niacinamide.

The reddit user that used cabergoline : "ctrl_freq" did a lot of research and said this: "D1 and D2 receptors are found all throughout the body and are in high concentrations in the skin, gut, and brain. Dopamine improves microcirculation on the surface of the skin, lowers inflammation via specific cytokine modulation, and reduces the over-production of sebum in the skin".

Some keep it at bay following a topical protocol of treating the yeast (malasezzia) but in my opinion that's just treating the symptom. The yeast will come back and it's impossible to eradicate it completely. All mammals have it in the skin.

one of the commonalities among Vid D, E, and Cabergoline is that they lower prolactin, and improve dopamine. I don't know if there's a test for dopamine / serotonin but it might be worth testing your prolactin. I tested mine and think it's little high for a male, probably been that way for a long time since I've gone through long periods of stress throughout my adult life.

aniciete

Same experience! I had large, oily flakes coming off my scalp on a diet based on milk and fruits. It was pretty nasty tbh.

Cutting out dairy, and eating mainly beef and rice, I now have zero signs of dandruff. Another bonus is that my ezcema/acne/perioral dermatitis on my face has improved a lot, and bacne is almost 100% gone.

Milk is weird - it feels quite pro-metabolic and I would get warm hands and feet from drinking it. But trying to force milk down was just making my health worse in all kinds of ways. Raw milk even worse.
Have you found a way to tolerate milk without causing dermatitis?

Korven

Have you found a way to tolerate milk without causing dermatitis?

Yeah it doesn't seem to cause any problems any longer. I can't point to one thing that made me tolerate milk better, it's likely the result of many efforts to improve metabolism and gut health. Sorry if that's not very helpful. Raw milk definitely caused issues for me in the past and pasteurized, warm milk seems easier to digest.

aniciete

Yeah it doesn't seem to cause any problems any longer. I can't point to one thing that made me tolerate milk better, it's likely the result of many efforts to improve metabolism and gut health. Sorry if that's not very helpful. Raw milk definitely caused issues for me in the past and pasteurized, warm milk seems easier to digest.
Thanks for the info, I’m just trying to figure out why I react so poorly to cow milk. I’ve tried a2a2 and it just causes severe inflammation.

Impact

I had it for years and thought it was b2 that cleared mine but I realised its actually folic acid that works for me.. when I’m taking 5mg folic acid it goes completely. It also seems to go when I cycle things that increase dopamine. Soon as I stop those things it starts coming back a bit but about 90% less. Also have to make sure you don’t imbalance your b12 with the folic acid.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals