Seborrheic Dermatitis

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
I cured mine 90% by eliminating “dry“ meats. I discovered I had a delayed reaction to any poultry (other than extremely moist, velveted chicken from crappy Chinese joints) or overcooked beef, etc. The drier and tougher the meat the worst the reaction would be in a few days.

The other 10% went away after I started taking baking soda baths once a week. 1 or 2 cups in hot water, soak for 45 minutes. If I ever mess up and eat a dry meat, this will heal the flare up like nothing else.

I made this textural association after I got into the habit of bathing my steaks in butter. Went down easier and stopped causing problems once it was down. I think the body is exceptionally sensitive to the texture/dryness of meat and since noticing this I've trained myself to dislike things like a dry char on steak or any kind of jerky (except the wettish taiwanese kind)

When I solved this issue I knew nothing about bio and assumed the reason had to do with the body pulling water from the skin to do something (?) with the dry meat but I really doubt this idea of mine would stand up to much scrutiny

Coderr

Has anyone stopped seborrheic with enzyme supplementation? I think it was mentioned in this forum

OP
M

metabolizm

My latest theory, which I’m going to test:

My dandruff and dry eyes are a result of low thyroid, not a specific reaction to a specific food. I get cold hands often, which is quite a reliable sign of low metabolism.

Low thyroid is a result of my under-eating, which can happen easily if you’re wary of starches.

I’m going to start eating a lot more of everything, put some weight back on, and hopefully fire up my metabolism again.

OP
M

metabolizm

I’m thinking about just trying some Head and Shoulders to see if that kills whatever yeast or fungus is living in my scalp and under my beard. May not get to the root cause, but it could give me some relief.

Also, my thinking is that dandruff could live in the scalp even long after you’ve improved your health. There are signs my metabolism is improving but the dermatitis persists. I’d imagine the yeast is a hardy organism. My hope is that the shampoo will kill it, and it won’t grow back any time soon.

Maniek1300

How is your treatment going.
Is there any progress.
My head itches more and more and my hair is falling out, I am depressed.

OP
M

metabolizm

How is your treatment going.
Is there any progress.
My head itches more and more and my hair is falling out, I am depressed.

Not really, I still have dandruff.
I am cutting out dairy because I think it might be responsible.

Maniek1300

I don't know if the acceleration of my metabolism causes even bigger problems on my scalp.
How H&S shampoo works for you

OP
M

metabolizm

I don't know if the acceleration of my metabolism causes even bigger problems on my scalp.

It could be something like that. I’m also having to reduce caffeine because it causes constipation for me and this makes my dandruff worse.
My main goal is to improve gut health, reducing irritation, improve transit time. I think everything will follow from that. This is a Peat principle but I don’t think his diet is the only way to get there.
I’ve stopped using H&S altogether, except when the itchiness is unbearable. Sometimes it helps a little bit.

OP
M

metabolizm

Have you tried eliminating dairy for a while to see if it helps?

OP
M

metabolizm

I have suffered from eczema, and also experience flare ups when eating lots of cheese and or dairy.
In fact, I can turn on my eczema condition simply by eating lots of the foods recommended by peat such as milk, eggs, cheese, and orange juice.
If I eat a very simple diet consisting of meat + starch it clears up within a week. For example eating white rice and lean beef and nothing else will clear it up within a few days to a week.
White bread and white potatoes are safe to eat too in my experience. Other cuts of meat such as chicken breast or turkey breast are safe as well. Pork flares the eczema up and doesn´t make me feel good for whatever reason. Sugar doesn´t seem to make it worse but fruit sometimes does, especially oranges and orange juice. Almost all vegetables make the eczema worse especially carrots and leafy greens like kale and spinach. Mushrooms, unions, garlic, parsnips seem safe to me.

I have been peating for a very long time, and realized that most of peats dietary recommendations don´t work for me. I can´t eat dairy, eggs, carrot salad, orange juice, liver etc.
So I just eat starch + meat and some sugar like apples or coke, and avoid PUFA. That seems to be the safest option for me and keeps the eczema away.

Dropping dairy seems to be helping.

Korven

Dropping dairy seems to be helping.

Same experience! I had large, oily flakes coming off my scalp on a diet based on milk and fruits. It was pretty nasty tbh.

Cutting out dairy, and eating mainly beef and rice, I now have zero signs of dandruff. Another bonus is that my ezcema/acne/perioral dermatitis on my face has improved a lot, and bacne is almost 100% gone.

Milk is weird - it feels quite pro-metabolic and I would get warm hands and feet from drinking it. But trying to force milk down was just making my health worse in all kinds of ways. Raw milk even worse.

rei

ALSO: I should have mentioned, aside from the dandruff and dry eyes, I also have a white coating on my tongue, occasional "jock itch" flare ups. Clearly, there is a systemic problem here.
From the OP i suspected this, but with this reply you mentioning jock itch, it is almost certainly a condition of energy depletion in your fascial network, causing it to tighten up, causing inflammation where the tension is worst. In addition to jock's itch and scalp issues (that when prolonged lead to balding), the next in line is athlete's foot.

Acne, moles, even warts are responses to this excess tension happening between layers in the skin and/or friction places against underlying support structure (bone).

OP
M

metabolizm

Same experience! I had large, oily flakes coming off my scalp on a diet based on milk and fruits. It was pretty nasty tbh.

Cutting out dairy, and eating mainly beef and rice, I now have zero signs of dandruff. Another bonus is that my ezcema/acne/perioral dermatitis on my face has improved a lot, and bacne is almost 100% gone.

Milk is weird - it feels quite pro-metabolic and I would get warm hands and feet from drinking it. But trying to force milk down was just making my health worse in all kinds of ways. Raw milk even worse.

Strange. Why can some people drink litres of milk with no issues, but others like us can't? Is it lactose intolerance? (I've never been tested, but I've drunk milk all my life). Or is it impaired gut health causing us not to digest it properly?

jagvel24

I have suffered from eczema, and also experience flare ups when eating lots of cheese and or dairy.
In fact, I can turn on my eczema condition simply by eating lots of the foods recommended by peat such as milk, eggs, cheese, and orange juice.
If I eat a very simple diet consisting of meat + starch it clears up within a week. For example eating white rice and lean beef and nothing else will clear it up within a few days to a week.
White bread and white potatoes are safe to eat too in my experience. Other cuts of meat such as chicken breast or turkey breast are safe as well. Pork flares the eczema up and doesn´t make me feel good for whatever reason. Sugar doesn´t seem to make it worse but fruit sometimes does, especially oranges and orange juice. Almost all vegetables make the eczema worse especially carrots and leafy greens like kale and spinach. Mushrooms, unions, garlic, parsnips seem safe to me.

I have been peating for a very long time, and realized that most of peats dietary recommendations don´t work for me. I can´t eat dairy, eggs, carrot salad, orange juice, liver etc.
So I just eat starch + meat and some sugar like apples or coke, and avoid PUFA. That seems to be the safest option for me and keeps the eczema away.
wow!
exactly same experience as me.
my safe staples are rice or sometimes white bread with lots of butter, ground beef, shell fish.
Love milk but too much of it is a trigger, so Just limit to cream in the coffee and small servings of haagen daz.
Unable to tolerate greens no matter how well they are cooked.
well cooked mushroom with beef works great.
I can tolerate fruits and OJ in small quantities.

brix

I think I finally have my seb derm under control for the first time in 10 years. I religiously did ACV rinses in the shower while alternating a ketoconazole shampoo and a caffeine shampoo. No more flakes and my hair loss is minimal. maybe I will see 2 in the shower.

rei

@rei wow why have I never heard of Fascia Network before. That makes a lot of sense.
It's a new concept in western medicine, in yogic tradition it has been known for thousands of years and is reflected in the first yogic health guideline: keep your spine straight.

Check out my previous thread about fascia, it has a very good video covering the latest western facts. Fluid Tissue - Fascinating Fasciae

Nebula

I’ve had some kind of scalp inflammation and infection for a few years along with too high sebum production. I guess it would fall under Seborrheic Dermatitis.Also experiencing quite a bit of itching and diffuse hair loss from the inflammation.

I think I’ve greatly improved my scalp issues with sodium acetate applied to hair and scalp. Enough apple cider vinegar to fully react with 1tsp baking soda. About 3 tablesooons vinegar and an added cup of water to dilute it. Left it on for about an hour then rinsed out. I felt immediate relief the next day. My scalp hasn’t felt this good in a long time. Selenium Sulfide shampoos provided some relief in symptoms, but this has had a much stronger effect.

Anybody else tried apply applying a sodium acetate solution to their scalp? I would guess its effective at dealing with whatever pathogenic biofilm of fungus, bacteria I had on my scalp.

Results seemed to last, but I repeated the application today after 5 days anyways. I guess I’ll repeat it at least twice per week and report back how it goes.

Last edited:

Maniek1300

Hello
you can also add what you use and in what proportions.
Whether you are using sodium acetate or baking soda.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals