Seborrheic Dermatitis

OP
M

Maniek1300

From the week I start to use vitamin B-complex, D3 and biotin. I will inform about the effects. I am asking for tips on what diet to use with this disease.
Thank you

Dustin94

It may be beneficial to look into Zinc, Vitamin D, and Dead Sea Salt (with water) poured and left on the scalp.

@Maniek3000

Got your issue get better with Peat-Like Diet,same or worse?

How much and what types of supplements do you use?how much Vitamin D?

OP
M

Maniek1300

I don't use any diet. I am looking for information about the Peat diet.
I currently use:
- B-complex
- vitamin D3 4000jm
- aspirin 500
- niacinamide
- Orange juice
- I grease my head every other day with ACV and coffee.
I put down:
- progesterone
- pregnenolone
My hair falls out very bad I don't know what to do anymore.

rr1

Have you tried lithium? Orally/topically. I’ve heard that it is a lot more effective than other methods

jonnytrigger

I don't use any diet. I am looking for information about the Peat diet.
I currently use:
- B-complex
- vitamin D3 4000jm
- aspirin 500
- niacinamide
- Orange juice
- I grease my head every other day with ACV and coffee.
I put down:
- progesterone
- pregnenolone
My hair falls out very bad I don't know what to do anymore.

I have a similar situation, I use a shower comb to get rid of the scales when applying shampoo, I find that aloe Vera gel really helps

OP
M

Maniek1300

update:
- vitamins and supplements do not help.
Daily lubrication of the head with ACV apple cider vinegar and coffee helps with itching. The problem seems to be in the gut. How to take care of the intestines. Are there any special diets to follow? Are these any fungal infections?

jonnytrigger

update:
Daily lubrication of the head with ACV apple cider vinegar and coffee helps with itching. The problem seems to be in the gut. How to take care of the intestines. Are there any special diets to follow? Are these any fungal infections?

Similar situation as you, I find some isopropyl alcohol and glycerine mixed helps with soothing the scalp and zinc pyrithione shampoo helps as well. Probably best to drop supplements and add each and see if ur intolerant to any of those.

ive also tried methylene Blue and aloe Vera plus sunlight, this helps but I get sides from MB

rr1

update:
Did you try the lithium as I suggested?
I was also dealing with very bad seb derm too, but it has completely cleared since stopping Throne Vitamin D/K supplementation. Ray peat has said in the past that supplements can often be one of the most allergenic things we will encounter. Is it possible that your symptoms started after you introduced new supplements?

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
For whatever it is worth, my dog had seborrheic keratosis for years starting as a puppy. I used dog shampoos and never really got rid of it. But now she seems to not have it. The major change was not giving her carrot sticks and replacing 1/3 of her main meals with cooked hamburger and a small amount of white rice. I think it is the extra protein that has helped. She had more “pizzazz” in her activity as soon as she got the extra meat. It has been 1 1/2 years and the improved skin started about six months in.

Recoen

update:
Does your b complex have B5 in it? If so, you might not be getting enough biotin. TPP and TTFD forms of B1 are what I use. Mononitrate and HCl did nothing for me.

yerrag

Potatoe

update:

I am taking a number of things, but the one that I seem to need for sure is NAC, 600 mg 3-4 times a day. I think this is because I am doing a metals detox using a sauna and chelation and now my scalp is flooded with ROS. The yeast or whatever causing the dermatitis also creates ROS. NAC is a precursor to glutathione, which helps remove ROS. You might also try upping your intake of antioxidants, but don't megadose because can make things worse.

Also my wife made me a shampoo made out of castile soap (from 100% olive oil) and tea tree oil and herbs. It doesn't sud and clean much but it feels good.

Good luck. It is important not too stress out too much. I have noticed some of my recent hairs falling out are short, a bit longer than eyebrows, but have a pointier long tip opposite the end with a small ball. I think these may be regrowth, that fell out again.

brix

I am taking a number of things, but the one that I seem to need for sure is NAC, 600 mg 3-4 times a day. I think this is because I am doing a metals detox using a sauna and chelation and now my scalp is flooded with ROS. The yeast or whatever causing the dermatitis also creates ROS. NAC is a precursor to glutathione, which helps remove ROS. You might also try upping your intake of antioxidants, but don't megadose because can make things worse.

Also my wife made me a shampoo made out of castile soap (from 100% olive oil) and tea tree oil and herbs. It doesn't sud and clean much but it feels good.

Good luck. It is important not too stress out too much. I have noticed some of my recent hairs falling out are short, a bit longer than eyebrows, but have a pointier long tip opposite the end with a small ball. I think these may be regrowth, that fell out again.

I am experiencing the same thing with my hair loss at the moment. Most of the hairs are shorter than general length of my hair. Been using ketoconazole with aspirin/caffeine mixed in followed by an ACV rinse. My seb derm is pretty much gone.

Potatoe

I am experiencing the same thing with my hair loss at the moment. Most of the hairs are shorter than general length of my hair. Been using ketoconazole with aspirin/caffeine mixed in followed by an ACV rinse. My seb derm is pretty much gone.

Thanks brix. Do you make your own mixes? Did you hair loss improve?

I searched online and couldn't find any reference to seb derm causing hair loss. I did find some things that can cause both seb derm flares and hair loss. They basically have to do with body imbalance. Some things include:
  • Excess lithium
  • Excess selenium
  • Imbalance in methylfolation process (Folinic acid, Folic acid, 5MTHFR)
  • Too much ROS and genetics that don't detox fast enough. I'm not sure I remember if that allowed for yeast growth or yeast growth made the problem worse.

brix

I searched online and couldn't find any reference to seb derm causing hair loss. I did find some things that can cause both seb derm flares and hair loss. They basically have to do with body imbalance. Some things include:
  • Excess lithium
  • Excess selenium
  • Too much ROS and genetics that don't detox fast enough. I'm not sure I remember if that allowed for yeast growth or yeast growth made the problem worse.

Not sure about hair loss improving or not. I havent noticed regrowth but seems that it is very slowly thinning or at a stand still.

Coderr

• Excess lithium
  • Excess selenium
Is methylation more or less in seborrheic dermatitis?

Potatoe

Is methylation more or less in seborrheic dermatitis?

I'm no expert on methylation. I'm detoxing from a dystonia condition that appears to be related to genetically inadequate production of glutathione. Taking more NAC seems to reduce seb derm scalp pain. I was already taking Folinic acid. When I added 1 mg 5MTHFR per day the seb derm seemed drier (good), but not sure.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals