Seborrheic Dermatitis

boris

lol what??? malassezia literally only feeds off of saturated fat

This is what I was referring to:
If OP is dealing with fungal overgrowth (seborrheic dermatitis) I would be careful with applying any type of oil, including coconut oil, to his skin.

Malassezia feeds on fatty acids with carbon chain lengths 11-24, so basically all oils except for pure MCT oil and petroleum Growth Requirements And Lipid Metabolism Of Pityrosporum Orbiculare - ScienceDirect. Best is to avoid all oils and moisturizers.

ursidae

Eat some Lemon, ginger, watermelon, grapes, cranberry juice

on the skin: Sodium sulfacetamide-sulfur-urea 10 %-4 %-10 %
Zinc PCA

Last edited:
OP
M

Maniek1300

Man, I have no idea what makes this head itch. When I smear ACV, I have peace for a day and again.
Hair falls out in those places where the itch is the most.
I don't know if it's ringworm.

OP
M

Maniek1300

Can orange juice cause scalp itching ?
has anyone used methylene blue on their scalp to fight dandruff and itching?

Last edited:

MitchMitchell

Comes and goes for me.

Nizoral nukes it but dries hair a lot, have some decent plant based conditioner on hand.

Diet related for sure. Whatever dietary excess that disrupts blood sugar spikes the itch. I could write a long paragraph on how insulin stimulates enzymes that stimulate sebum over production that feed the microorganisms up there.

I think there’s a lot of merit to sticking to foods that are perfectly digested with little to no residue.

OP
M

Maniek1300

I do not know whether these shampoos are causing my hair loss and dehydration even more.
I now use OP shampoo in the formulation.

sunny

I'm using urea dissolved in distilled water at 1:2 ratio by weight, and spraying on my hair and rubbing it.

Only 2 days into it. I'm also spraying into my face and rubbing it. Seems to make my face less oily.

Here's a review on urea by a dermatological journal:

https://www.researchgate.net/public...mprehensive_review_of_the_clinical_literature
Did this work for your hair? I am challenged in the chemistry department. I am trying to make a urea distilled water spray. My bottle is 2 ounces. I am trying to use a calculator to figure out how much urea to put in - I don't know. Can you help me with this? Thank you.

yerrag

Did this work for your hair? I am challenged in the chemistry department. I am trying to make a urea distilled water spray. My bottle is 2 ounces. I am trying to use a calculator to figure out how much urea to put in - I don't know. Can you help me with this? Thank you.
I haven't tries it for a long time so I can't vouch for it. Bit Amanda Vollmer has talked of mixing urine with some flowers of sulfur and it worked for her aunt. Urine's main component is urea. It's on the back of my mind doe things I have to do when I got time freed up from current issues I'm dealing with. I find doing one health project at a time keeps me more focused, and focus is very much needed overcoming health issues.

I think urine has 30% urea, so you can start with that ratio. Dissolve 30g urea in 70g distilled water.

Thoth

For seb. dermatitis: Copper, iodine, B2 and TMG worked for my dog.
I did try for some time to isolate and see which of those is more effective/important and I'm pretty sure it's the copper.