Seborrheic Dermatitis Upon Peating

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Re: Seborrheic dermititis upon Peating

Here is the ingredients on the cream:

"DI Water, Aloe Vera, Natural Vegetable Glycerine, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Beeswax, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Almond Oil, Zinc Pyrithione, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Optiphen Plus (Paraben Free Preservative)"

If I even see a bottle of aspirin my SD flairs up. Coffee does it also.

Kray

Sirkama said:
Any comments on this blog post?
http://minutesofcare.blogspot.no/2010/0 ... titis.html

Pretty interesting IMO. Maybe the increased sugar intake is what causes problems when people start Peating? I'm not saying sugar is bad (it's definitely not), but it increases the production of acetaldehyde, which in turn causes all the problems mentioned in the blog post.

Great article, I found the same article on the internet last week. Very interesting and seems plausible, and it's funny how I've gone back and forth for almost a year, not sure if I had allergic eczema, SD, or most recently, candida, as the skin symptoms seemed to change over the course of months.

It sounds like the acetaldehyde can come from a variety of sources, not the least of which is overconsumption of sugars, or coffee, and I emphasize OVER-consumption. I think what is tolerable, or good, for one person's metabolism, may be just too much for someone else (me).

Kray

Charlie said:

"DI Water, Aloe Vera, Natural Vegetable Glycerine, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Beeswax, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Almond Oil, Zinc Pyrithione, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Optiphen Plus (Paraben Free Preservative)"

Ingredients sound quite nice, actually. Let us know if you try it, what you think.

As to your other comment, I think you're onto something. Especially in light of the possibilities presented in the article link Sirkama shared.

Kray

Charlie said:

How is the rash today? Does the skin sting when you apply it? Mine does! :eek: I can only hope this is a good sign. You probably don't enjoy talking about it, but can you describe your rash-- its appearance (flush vs. bumpy), degree of redness, etc? Is your rash dry, and what soothes it best in the way of any oil?

Sounds like you got some pretty quick results with the spray with just a few applications. Hope you continue to show improvement! :)

mujuro

Forum Supporter

I have this as well, though I'm not sure it's dermatitis. I do have increased oil production, probably a result of increased metabolism, and my skin looks all-together better than it did before. I just have shedding of skin cells. Not particularly dry, not itchy or inflamed. No dandruff or scalp issues. The shedding is more prominent on my face than anywhere else. Foregoing food and fluids for a number of hours (after waking) makes it much worse, and I find that guzzling water will improve it better than anything. At this point I can't rule out a vitamin A issue -- given that the symptoms for excess and deficiency are very similar. I have been using 5000iu retinyl palmitate for the past few days and I think it has made things worse, as I now have very light peeling on my palms, but perhaps my body just doesn't like the synthetics.

Sirkama's posts are a little alarming. What is one to do about this, if not abandon the entire high-sugar approach all together? Would it be best to simply kill off candida as much as possible?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Seborrheic dermititis upon Peating

Have a great update to make. My dermatitis situation has been solved. :D

Apparently it was a vitamin A deficiency because haiduts vitamin A supplement called Retinil has cleared up it.

:hattip

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Thank you HDD! :D

Birdie

The yellow calluses would be from beta carotene rather than vitamin A. Remember that Ray rinses the carrots to reduce beta carotene.
I don't know about the amounts of fit A in Haidit's Retinil supplement.

PhilParma

I've got a pretty bad flare up. Days like this make me miss fish oil. :bag:

Is a bit of 1% hydrocortisone cream unacceptable for emergency flareups? Seb Derm makes it pretty tough to want to leave the house, what with these red spots highlighting my face.

My VitA intake is 30-50k IU per day. I suppose I could try moving into the 100k IU range.. :banghead:

Birdie

If you go back to the first pages, you'll see good info on hydrocortisone.

Thank you everyone who contributed to this thread.
On a related issue, pink eye, ive just spent a few days using baking soda and salt baths.
It's worked well. Redness is gone. Itch improved.

Baths or rinses directly in the eye, not a tub bath.

EIRE24

What would you guys say for someone who has a dry skin type acne? I never suffered form acne until I started a low fat diet? I'm wondering if maybe I need to increase my fat intake and this will get my skin back nice and soft and acne free?

Would really appreciate the advice.

Thanks

PhilParma

I don't know EIRE. I control my acne by avoiding dairy, but I doubt you're eating much dairy on a low-fat diet anyway...

---

With regard to Seb Derm, applying Whole Vitamin E and coconut oil to the affected area did a pretty good job of reversing my flareup overnight. The skin still feels so tight that it makes me believe the problem is only being covered up, but I'll take it--another tool to use in my fight against Seb Derm.

equusvult

Hi! I've been Peating for about 7 months now. I am quite strict with my diet and supplement vit A, E, and Cynoplus+cynomel. I am having what I believe to be seborrheic dermititis for the first time in my life, recurring over the past 2 months. I have tried coconut oil and proget-e topically, with no benefit. I am unable to find a food connection with flare ups. I would love any additional suggestions!
I have had pretty bad s.d. for about 20yrs with flare ups happening no matter what I do or don't eat, including peating for about 3 years. About 5 weeks ago I started using sol ban from idealbs on my face and on my scalp and it has cleared up the s.d. completely and kept it clear. I have never had this much success with any other product or diet including high dose vit a, pharmaceuticals like high strength cortisone cream and super chemical medicated shampoos. I know its the sol ban because a still have a flare up in the middle of my back where I can not apply the spray.. And it itches right now dang it! If you try it let me know how it works for you.. Cheers!

PeatInspired

Forum Supporter
I'm confused about Sun/Vitamin D and Vit A balancing... I've been taking the Estro-ban supplement (5,000 IU of A) and a D supplement (4,000IU as D3)... Should I not be taking vit D orally?

Also- is it the MORE vit A you get the LESS vit D you need? Or the MORE vit A you use the MORE vit D you need? My SD is out of control. SOmething is out of whack!

javin

I'm confused about Sun/Vitamin D and Vit A balancing... I've been taking the Estro-ban supplement (5,000 IU of A) and a D supplement (4,000IU as D3)... Should I not be taking vit D orally?

Also- is it the MORE vit A you get the LESS vit D you need? Or the MORE vit A you use the MORE vit D you need? My SD is out of control. SOmething is out of whack!

If you're taking Estroban which has 1000 IU of D3 + 4000 more IU of D3 in a separate supplement I would try getting more A if I were you.

I personally don't take any D supplements (I sunbathe every day instead). For A, I take about 10,000 IU daily transdermally and eat some liver once a week. This ratio seems to be doing okay for me so far. For Vitamin E, I take a low-dose pill by NutriGold (30 IU which is the RDA) daily. For Vitamin K I think I get enough from foods.

PeatInspired

Forum Supporter
If you're taking Estroban which has 1000 IU of D3 + 4000 more IU of D3 in a separate supplement I would try getting more A if I were you.

I personally don't take any D supplements (I sunbathe every day instead). For A, I take about 10,000 IU daily transdermally and eat some liver once a week. This ratio seems to be doing okay for me so far. For Vitamin E, I take a low-dose pill by NutriGold (30 IU which is the RDA) daily. For Vitamin K I think I get enough from foods.

Transdermally... that's another question I have - where is the best place to absorb the estro-ban? Wrists? Inside lip?

Pointless

Seborrheic dermititis upon Peating

Have a great update to make. My dermatitis situation has been solved. :D

Apparently it was a vitamin A deficiency because haiduts vitamin A supplement called Retinil has cleared up it.

:hattip

Hey charlie, can you give me more information on this? I have seb derm that's been worsened upon Peating, and it causes tons of hair fallout which is a pain.

How much vitamin A are you taking? Is the form it comes in important? Is the retinil acetate in Retinil better than other forms of retinol? Is it topical or transdermal? Do you apply directly to your face and scalp?

I've read that too much vitamin A can CAUSE seb derm, so do you have any explanation for this? If you answered these questions in another thread, I apologize.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals