Seborrheic Dermatitis Thread

yerrag

I wanted to do liver flushs and drinking fruit juices is recommended for this, but i got tons of intolerances and was looking for another option and this was malic acid. And when I took it my itching was gone or it improved a lot
It's good you were able to stumble upon it. I wonder if it helped with the liver flush, after what you've done with the liver flush.

yerrag

This guy said that rubbing his urine on his scalp removed his dandruff:

I'll first try urea on my scalp though, as I think it's the urea in urine that's getting the job done. While it helped on dandruff, I'm hoping it may also help with seborrheic dermatitis.

yerrag

I've been using urea on my scalp each night since last time here, it seems to be working. There are still scabs, but they seem to be smaller but certainly they are not wet anymore, as they sometime act up in this way.

I found that there are urea creams and they're used by the derma profession: Urea Cream - The Dermatology Review

I may even use urea for my keloids, but I may have to use MCT and lecithin and mix the urea in them to make it more easily absorbed through the skin.

yerrag

What exactly are you mixing it with, and how much urea?
I put the urea in a squeeze bottle filled halfway with water. I add the urea until it doesn't dissolve anymore in water. I squeeze out a small amount into my palm and with the other hand I apply the solution to the spots on my scalp. I don't have to get a USP grade ammonia. That saves me the trouble and expense of buying one. The agricultural grade is good enough for me since I'm not taking it orally, and besides it's fairly clean for a technical grade.

Birdie

I put the urea in a squeeze bottle filled halfway with water. I add the urea until it doesn't dissolve anymore in water. I squeeze out a small amount into my palm and with the other hand I apply the solution to the spots on my scalp. I don't have to get a USP grade ammonia. That saves me the trouble and expense of buying one. The agricultural grade is good enough for me since I'm not taking it orally, and besides it's fairly clean for a technical grade.
Is this stuff in your squeeze bottle just the urea cream mixed with water?
I've been using niacinamide mixed with water for about 5 days.
It's helped but I've got the urea cream, so might add it to the niacinamide solution.

I've heard of the urine use on natural cure sites. Ray talks about urea too. So, I have some on hand.

Is the urea helping your scalp spots?

Birdie

On further reading of your comments, I guess you are buying agricultural grade powdered urea.

The cream isn't going to mix with water. I don't want the cream on my scalp of course. Well, I'll stick with the niacinamide topically for another week.

Birdie

I’ve used the expensive Sebclair shampoo the past two days. My scalp finally feels better. Spots seem to be healing.

Using niacinamide topically dried up a spot on my face but didn’t have good results on my scalp.

Now am using a sample of Promiseb cream on face with good results. Promiseb is the US name for Sebclair. It’s Rx only in US.

Also note that I’ve returned to using the daily carrot salad. One week of that.

Birdie

I think the active ingredient is piroctone olamine which seems very powerful for dermatitis albeit hard to find.

Do you know what % PO it contains?
Yes, it contains Piroctone olamine. No, it doesn’t give the percentages.

Just a long list of ingredients which is why I didn’t list them but I wanted to.

Birdie

I found just now another one with the SO called SebaMed that is cheaper.
This one I got was recommended on another forum.
Anti fungal.

yerrag

Are we each sure that our condition is seborrheic dermatitis. Here is something I found called erosive pustular dermatotis:

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/cridm/2017/1536434/

Follicular urate-like crystals were first described in Necrotizing Infundibular Crystalline Folliculitis (NICF), a rare cutaneous disorder with multiple waxy folliculocentric papules. Similar crystal accumulation may be seen within follicular infundibulae as an incidental finding. We describe a case showing identical crystals occurring within the horn-like crusts of a patient with erosive pustular dermatosis of the scalp (EPDS), a condition which due to its presentation can often be mistaken for nonmelanoma skin cancer. A brief overview of erosive pustular dermatosis of the scalp (EPDS) is presented in this paper.

I'm not sure if this applies to you as much as it applies to me. I'm more interested as it has the descriptor "urate-like crystals."

I have high serum acid for a while. I recently discovered that many times it is caused by low excretion of uric acid in urine. I got my test results yesterday and sure enough my urine uric acid excretion is very low. This made me think that if the kidneys are not excreting enough uric acid, the body would have to excrete it through the skin, and this would include the scalp. Otherwise, my serum uric acid levels would keep on increasing over time, which thankfully isn't the case.

In my case, it could very well be that what I consider seborrheic dermatitis is really erosive pustular dermatosis, of which its expression is tied in to urate crystals coming out through the pores of my scalp. This study does not say that it is the case, but I'm merely associating the possible excretion of uric acid through the scalp as a cause of skin eruptions in the scalp.

If I'm successful in increasing urine uric acid excretion and in lowering serum uric acid levels, as part of my focus on decreasing my blood pressure, I'll let you know if that would have meaningful impact on eliminating my scalp condition.

Random Urine Uric Acid 18.16 mg/dL (Ref range 44 - 109.50)
Serum Uric Acid 6.44 mg/dL (3.42-7.04) or 381 umol/L (202.3 - 416.50)

@charlie it's acid alright, but it's uric acid in my case.

yerrag

I noticed my seborrheic dermatitis has been clearing up lately, and I wanted to share this. I took low dose doxycycline to lower blood pressure but I didn't see any effect on my blood pressure. I was about to give up but just had to use up the remaining doxycycline in the bottle. Then I noticed that my scalp condition was clearing up as well as my left knee arthritis slowly receding. This is when I began to realize how wrong I was in not taking the issue of endotoxemia more seriously. Sure, I was eating cooked bamboo shoots and raw carrot salad, but these seem now to be more preventive in scope. Once I became open to the idea of using tetracycline-based antibiotics, albeit at a low constant dose, I began to see how useful and helpful these are.

I'm currently on doxy but am now trying to source out minocycline, as @ecstatichamster and @CLASH have been suggesting. As for the dosage I'm having for doxy, I was at 40mg divided into 2 doses daily for the 1st 2 weeks, and 20 mg in 1 dose for the subsequent weeks. I started to notice the effect on the 3rd week.

brix

I noticed my seborrheic dermatitis has been clearing up lately, and I wanted to share this. I took low dose doxycycline to lower blood pressure but I didn't see any effect on my blood pressure. I was about to give up but just had to use up the remaining doxycycline in the bottle. Then I noticed that my scalp condition was clearing up as well as my left knee arthritis slowly receding. This is when I began to realize how wrong I was in not taking the issue of endotoxemia more seriously. Sure, I was eating cooked bamboo shoots and raw carrot salad, but these seem now to be more preventive in scope. Once I became open to the idea of using tetracycline-based antibiotics, albeit at a low constant dose, I began to see how useful and helpful these are.

I'm currently on doxy but am now trying to source out minocycline, as @ecstatichamster and @CLASH have been suggesting. As for the dosage I'm having for doxy, I was at 40mg divided into 2 doses daily for the 1st 2 weeks, and 20 mg in 1 dose for the subsequent weeks. I started to notice the effect on the 3rd week.

Weird. Are knee issues and seb correlated? My right knee has had a “crunch” to it when bending it around 90 degrees. Seb derm has been an issue for 10 years now.

I saw that mymexicanstore.org has minocycline. Almost ordered it before reading that it may cause hair loss, which I’m trying to combat. How has doxycycline affected your hair?

yerrag

Weird. Are knee issues and seb correlated? My right knee has had a “crunch” to it when bending it around 90 degrees. Seb derm has been an issue for 10 years now.

I saw that mymexicanstore.org has minocycline. Almost ordered it before reading that it may cause hair loss, which I’m trying to combat. How has doxycycline affected your hair?

Too soon to tell but I'm hoping to see some improvements, but I think it would involve more factors such as clearing out clogged capillaries feeding my scalp. Will see if antibiotics together with proteolytic enzymes will do the trick. Also magnesium and b6 to deal with calcification.

brix

Too soon to tell but I'm hoping to see some improvements, but I think it would involve more factors such as clearing out clogged capillaries feeding my scalp. Will see if antibiotics together with proteolytic enzymes will do the trick. Also magnesium and b6 to deal with calcification.

How long do you plan on taking the doxycycline? Just ordered some minocycline and hope it knocks out this sebhorreic dermatitis and subsequent hair shedding.

yerrag

How long do you plan on taking the doxycycline? Just ordered some minocycline and hope it knocks out this sebhorreic dermatitis and subsequent hair shedding.
I'll continue on it for another month at least, but hoping I can get minocycline to replace it with. I think it's helpful to take it as I take proteolytic enzymes.

I'm monitoring improvements on my left knee. While I can walk up a steep ladder with no pain anymore, I can still feel pain on my left knee when I attempt to get up from a sitting position using my left foot. I have no problem doing the same using my right foot.

Sorry, I got mixed up with the arthritis thread but I'm continuing on with this also in the hope my seborrheic dermatitis condition can be totally fixed.

Here's CLASH's post on minocycline, which I'm still going through, but it answers questions on dosage. It's interesting that treatment is intermittent instead of sustained, in addition to being low-dosage and long term:

Danny Roddy's New Video On Baldness Is Very Interesting

Last edited:

YUPEATER

Just wanted to note that 5 days of amoxicillin (500 mg 3x/day) got rid of my SD completely. I'll consider it a Christmas miracle if it doesn't come back, hoping for the best.

Hey Lecarpeton is your SD still, miraculously, gone?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals