Seborrheic Dermatitis Problem

Hey, I have had a serious seborrheic dermatitis problem on my face. Thus I have dandruff in my beard and beard loss.

Some information about my person: I am 23 years old. I am lean. My diet is very low PUFA, I count calories, track my vitamin and mineral intake through food to make sure that I have no deficiencies, regularly exercise.

Could anyone direct me to the right direction?

I have no idea what to do.

Thank you.

Last edited:
K

Kratos

its a yeast problem and im suffering from the same thing. im using a 2% zinc pyrithione shampoo, plus some baking soda with cold water and apple cider vinegar with mother. so 3 different treatments in the same session. it sucks.

OP
H
its a yeast problem and im suffering from the same thing. im using a 2% zinc pyrithione shampoo, plus some baking soda with cold water and apple cider vinegar with mother. so 3 different treatments in the same session. it sucks.

Any progress yet?

K

Kratos

i just started yesterday, but months ago i was using a cvs brand shampoo with selenium sulfide and it was working for a while and there was a bit of hair regrowth but i just stopped completely because the bottle was finished. now im trying this protocol and hopefully it works. i have massive scalp pain, hair loss and itching and its a horrible thing to deal with.

PhilParma

I used to have it pretty bad. I don't know what exactly made it get better, but it did get better. I think that the condition is gut based. Do you take the carrot salad that Ray Peat recommends?

Apply ACV to problem areas daily.
Eat carrot+vinegar daily to help cleanse and heal the gut.

OP
H
I used to have it pretty bad. I don't know what exactly made it get better, but it did get better. I think that the condition is gut based. Do you take the carrot salad that Ray Peat recommends?

Apply ACV to problem areas daily.
Eat carrot+vinegar daily to help cleanse and heal the gut.

My beard is so thick, I can't apply any topicals on the problem area.

I will try the carrot salad though and eating vinegar. Is that what you did or have been doing?

golder

Also suffering with this. Would be extremely useful if anyone could chime in with things that have helped them! Thanks guys.

InChristAlone

Riboflavin deficiency.

PhilParma

My beard is so thick, I can't apply any topicals on the problem area.

I will try the carrot salad though and eating vinegar. Is that what you did or have been doing?
I've been doing a lot of things so it's difficult to say what ended up helping. Applying vitamin D & E topically to flare ups helped as well, but you can't do that because of your beard. At one point I believed the condition was probably just a vitamin D deficiency.

faisman

In my experience I am almost sure my similar issues are caused by inability to digest fats properly. Working on it and the condition improves with better digestion. Seem to be quite stuck on what causes weak fat digestion though.

Aymen

train correctly , fix your gut and eat liver and don't use any hair restoration products or creams for dandruff and apply olive oil slowly in the scalp and wait for 10 minutes then wash .
don't touch it when it starts itching .

OP
H
train correctly , fix your gut and eat liver and don't use any hair restoration products or creams for dandruff and apply olive oil slowly in the scalp and wait for 10 minutes then wash .
don't touch it when it starts itching .

No problems on my scalp, just my beard.

Last edited:

golder

-How does one fix the gut?
-Any ways to test for deficient vitD without getting bloods? Fastest way to correct a deficiency?

InChristAlone

My husband solved dry skin in his beard by using beard oil.

OP
H
My husband solved dry skin in his beard by using beard oil.

When I used beard oil, it caused my dandruff problem to flare up significantly. I got huge yellow crusts on my skin and ended up shaving it off completely. Things went to the better since I have been sticking to no beard oil. I have been using only a beard shampoo so far.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals