Seborrheic Dermatitis In Eyebrows, Plus Hairloss

stsfut

Really at a loss here. This always happens in the winter but never like this. My eyebrows (mainly just my right one) is suffering from white flakes and I’m also losing hair in that eyebrow pretty bad. I tried taking highish doses of B6 with no luck. Is this a thyroid issue maybe?

Ledo

I have this problem my whole life. Its is exasperated by touching the area thinking you are get the flakes off but this makes it much worse.

Secondly, if I have an occurrence, it is now due to something like an inflammatory food such as carragenan. So get rid of all stabilizers and additives. To do this you are going to have to get medieval on the ingredients list.

Lastly, sun exposure helps tremendously so if you are looking for quick help in the winter, get a UV lamp, (I don't use this).

I am pretty sure it is a certain gut bacteria that gets fed and causes mast cells to hit a certain spot on the skin. I have my same areas on skin going on 35 years now if I get sloppy with diet and lifestyle.

1) do not touch
2) only whole foods, subtract from there
3) Sunlight

OP
S

stsfut

Thank you both. As of yet, I have not tried any diet changes. Sunlight was what I was thinking as well - as most people, I get way less sunlight during winter.

I was really hoping I could do this without a drastic diet change. I feel like this is probably being caused by something like lack of sunlight, hormonal issue or some type of vitamin/mineral imbalance.

Last edited:

bumtrash

Seborrheic dermatitis is such an elusive one. I had it for most of life and its finally gone but it's really hard to say what specifically fixed it. Things that seemed to help were cynoplus, d3, and low dose aspirin. I drink lots of milk (up to 2 quarts/day). If one or more of the B vitamins are implicated in seb derm, milk should be helpful I would imagine (if you can digest it well).

Good luck to you

Just going to quote one of my previous posts in case it helps:

"I don't know if what I had was dandruff or "seborrheic dermatitis" but I was recently having some thick yellow waxy flakes on the top of my scalp (they looked like the 2nd picture here: Seborrheic dermatitis - Symptoms and causes ). Eating more canned oysters seemed to have gotten rid of it. Maybe I was very deficient in zinc. I had one can a day for a week and haven't noticed those flakes that I used to see on the top of my scalp."
How Often Should I Eat Liver To Remedy Dandruff

So in my case I think it was mostly related to zinc. But since I've greatly limited milk intake as an experiment, I've noticed fewer overall dandruff/flakes. Don't know if it's a milk in general thing for me, or metabolism thing (some people here have said they needed more vitamin A when drinking milk), or hormonal (saw some posts about how sometimes milk can affect androgens leading to more oiliness/acne).

I'd experiment with zinc/vitamin a/vitamin d/ experimenting limiting a food temporarily that may be problematic.

OP
S

stsfut

Seborrheic dermatitis is such an elusive one. I had it for most of life and its finally gone but it's really hard to say what specifically fixed it. Things that seemed to help were cynoplus, d3, and low dose aspirin. I drink lots of milk (up to 2 quarts/day). If one or more of the B vitamins are implicated in seb derm, milk should be helpful I would imagine (if you can digest it well).

Good luck to you
I too thought it was B vitamins. I take a high quality B complex along with extra B1 and extra B6. I also consume atleast a qt of milk daily along with a good amount of cheese.

OP
S

stsfut

Just going to quote one of my previous posts in case it helps:

"I don't know if what I had was dandruff or "seborrheic dermatitis" but I was recently having some thick yellow waxy flakes on the top of my scalp (they looked like the 2nd picture here: Seborrheic dermatitis - Symptoms and causes ). Eating more canned oysters seemed to have gotten rid of it. Maybe I was very deficient in zinc. I had one can a day for a week and haven't noticed those flakes that I used to see on the top of my scalp."
How Often Should I Eat Liver To Remedy Dandruff

So in my case I think it was mostly related to zinc. But since I've greatly limited milk intake as an experiment, I've noticed fewer overall dandruff/flakes. Don't know if it's a milk in general thing for me, or metabolism thing (some people here have said they needed more vitamin A when drinking milk), or hormonal (saw some posts about how sometimes milk can affect androgens leading to more oiliness/acne).

I'd experiment with zinc/vitamin a/vitamin d/ experimenting limiting a food temporarily that may be problematic.
Interesting about the oysters. I actually added a zinc supplement (25mg) daily, and it hasn’t helped. Maybe it’s one of those things where diet trumps supplements. I so drink a good amount of milk though.

InChristAlone

Riboflavin is a big one for dermatitis.

M

metabolizm

Gluten and/or yeast seems to really aggravate dermatitis, at least in my case. I’m still trying to figure out which is the culprit.

OP
S

stsfut

It seems like this is common for many people - is it more common for each of you in the winter? This would point directly to sunlight and or maybe thyroid.

adnan.dabaan

I had the same problem: the bottom line low blood circulation to the tissues (hidden-hypothyroidism) normally accompanied by cold hands and feet. the second thing a sever malnutrition specifically fat-soluble vitamins (eat beef liver EVERY DAY )

OP
S

stsfut

I had the same problem: the bottom line low blood circulation to the tissues (hidden-hypothyroidism) normally accompanied by cold hands and feet. the second thing a sever malnutrition specifically fat-soluble vitamins (eat beef liver EVERY DAY )
I suspect hidden hypothyroidism even though my tsh is pretty much suppressed and high FT3 from
medication. I also suffer from constipation and low temps.

InChristAlone

No, do not eat beef liver everyday if you have hypothyroidism.

adnan.dabaan

I suspect hidden hypothyroidism even though my tsh is pretty much suppressed and high FT3 from
medication. I also suffer from constipation and low temps.
constipation and low temps= hypothyroidism. You probably don't eat enough food. I am 6,1 and I weigh 194lbs, I eat almost 3200 cal a day. I eat like this every day, if I have work I increase the protein mostly.
Use Cascara Sagrada capsules every day before you sleep a couple of capsules until your metabolism rate increase again

Attachments

• Cronometer.png
    Cronometer.png
    7 KB · Views: 16

Motif

Hey man!

Could you maybe give me a list of what you are eating?
I really struggle with eating enough

Motif

Btw I have seborrhoic eczema / hair loss too.
It‘s triggered by histamine.

OP
S

stsfut

I will admit I have been trying to lose weight, and likely undereating lately. Interesting.