Seborrheic Dermatitis And Coconut Oil?

faisman

New to the forums, ive seen a couple of posts about seb derm and thought I should share my experience.

I ditched conventional treatments a long time ago and started my search for a natural cure.

I have found that coconut oil applied topically to the scalp and left for a couple of hours seems to heal it completely after a couple of days and it will only start to come back after around a week or so of no use

Any thoughts/tips would be appreciated

Hello. Since applying Idealabs ADEK ( not to affected area but generally transdermal eg on arms my scalp dermatitis type issues are clearing) :))

PhilParma

The best thing I have found (other than fish oil) is topical fat soluble vitamins. I have used coconut oil to help control seb derm, but Vitamins D & E in MCT oil works even better. Applied nightly, letting it soak in while sleeping. Idealabs' Estroban would probably work just as well, or better.

OP
F

faisman

Hello. Since applying Idealabs ADEK ( not to affected area but generally transdermal eg on arms my scalp dermatitis type issues are clearing) :))

Thats good to hear, I've actually recently started taking A and K and have already been taking D. Idealabs stuff looks promising but I live in the England and from my understanding anything I order from outside the UK will be taxed.

OP
F

faisman

The best thing I have found (other than fish oil) is topical fat soluble vitamins. I have used coconut oil to help control seb derm, but Vitamins D & E in MCT oil works even better. Applied nightly, letting it soak in while sleeping. Idealabs' Estroban would probably work just as well, or better.

This is interesting, never experimented with applying vitamins topically.

What do you mean about the fish oil? I used to take a high quality fish oil supplement before looking in to Ray Peat's work but now trying to avoid PUFAs. Do you still take it?

PhilParma

This is interesting, never experimented with applying vitamins topically.

What do you mean about the fish oil? I used to take a high quality fish oil supplement before looking in to Ray Peat's work but now trying to avoid PUFAs. Do you still take it?

I used to take fish oil to control seb derm, but not any more. I've read enough over the last year to be convinced that fish oil is the devil. Topical vitamin D in particular seems to control my seb derm just fine. These drops.

Birdie

I used to take fish oil to control seb derm, but not any more. I've read enough over the last year to be convinced that fish oil is the devil. Topical vitamin D in particular seems to control my seb derm just fine. These drops.
I'm going to try using this. Found it cheaper on Amazon with no shipping charge. :bouquet:

And I've been using castor oil which helps too.

Sir roddy Daniel says vitamin a amd thyroid.. or king peat says thyroid and liver clears it.. I havent really found this true tho.. I am a special case tho.. it should work if you are not in too bad shape

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals