Seattle Approves 1.75-cent-an-ounce Soda Tax

Mito

The Seattle City Council on Monday approved a new tax on distributors of soda pop and other sugary drinks. Diet soft drinks were exempted. The tax is expected to take effect in early July and add about $1.18 to the cost of a 2-liter bottle of soda.

Seattle will tax sugary soda — but not diet

154.jpg

walker_in_aus

You know, we (ray peat forum people) should all pool our money, buy a tropical island and live as guava and coconut farmers, and in our town square we can have an actual fountain of organic Mexican cola that is free. There will be no WIfI or LED lighting, and a herd of happy cows making us delicious milk, and every second store will sell ice-cream and coffee. Also it's not illegal to be naked in the sun at midday.

kiran

You know, we (ray peat forum people) should all pool our money, buy a tropical island and live as guava and coconut farmers, and in our town square we can have an actual fountain of organic Mexican cola that is free. There will be no WIfI or LED lighting, and a herd of happy cows making us delicious milk, and every second store will sell ice-cream and coffee. Also it's not illegal to be naked in the sun at midday.

Alas, tropical islands usually don't have mountains in them.
I'd settle for a summer week in the mountains. Rent the whole resort or something.

walker_in_aus

Alas, tropical islands usually don't have mountains in them.
I'd settle for a summer week in the mountains. Rent the whole resort or something.

For higher C02? Or for Hiking?

What about Mediterranean Islands, some are a bit hilly...

Herbie

There are academics lobbying do it in Australia with tax on sugar, salt and saturated fat.

Should be done to seed oils but we are too idiotic to think of that one.

Thankfully a politician said that we are not fascits and won't be doing it even though it was done to tobacco.

Mad

Haha I love it. Tropical Peat commune

Lore

For higher C02? Or for Hiking?

What about Mediterranean Islands, some are a bit hilly...

How's the Sandia Mountains, east of Albuquerque, NM? You can come visit me. I live about 6,500 ft above sea level :bluewave The mountains behind me are 10,600 ft above sea level - large ski resort. :grin

Back
Top Bottom