Searching for perfect source of carbohydrates

ursidae

I’m looking for a carbohydrate that is
-low volume, high calorie
- low oxalate
-low tannin
-low phytic acid
- commercially available in organic form
- has the right glucose to fructose ratio to prevent malabsorption and sibo due to excess free fructose
- no problematic lectins
- no solanine
-no significant goitrogenic effect
-high in potassium and not nutrient void
-not too low or high fibre
-perhaps low FODMAP
-not too much beta carotene

help

Last edited:
OP
U

ursidae

Is this the only correct answer???

1631737814863.jpeg

1631737847206.jpeg

Nomane Euger

- low oxalate
-low tannin
-low phytic acid
- has the right glucose to fructose ratio to prevent malabsorption and sibo due to excess free fructose
- no problematic lectins
- no solanine
-perhaps low FODMAP

help
what about oranges

OP
U

ursidae

-high volume, low calorie
-too much beta carotene
-seasonal, tend to not be ripe, shelf ripened is abrasive and acidic

Nomane Euger

-high volume, low calorie
-too much beta carotene
-seasonal, tend to not be ripe, shelf ripened is abrasive and acidic
did you experience any symptoms of exess carotenoids with it?why do you want high calorielow volume?

OP
U

ursidae

did you experience any symptoms of exess carotenoids with it?why do you want high volume low calorie?
I’ve had carotenemia before, but with oranges I give up before the carotene has had the chance to accumulate because I quickly get seb dermatitis, acne, intestinal irritation and mouth ulcers from the acidity
I am underweight and I don’t have the capacity to process many litres of low calorie juice

redsun

- low oxalate
-low tannin
-low phytic acid
- no problematic lectins
- no solanine
-perhaps low FODMAP

help

Jasmine rice doesn't work for you? Or is starch not an option regardless? Nutrient profile is decent and I am pretty sure it covers almost all your requirements.

gaze

I’ve considered white rice+potassium supplement but have yet to try
you don't need potassium in every meal to digest a carb. ray said the potassium in orange juice helps, but most people can digest a meal of white rice and meat perfectly fine. potassium with a meal only becomes important if your really diabetic, or have high blood sugars. since your underweight, just getting calories in is more important. in fact too much potassium for someone underweight can cause too much hypoglycemia

redsun

I’ve considered white rice+potassium supplement but have yet to try
Theres white rice but also jasmine rice which (at least the one I buy) is imported so its not fortified. I agree with gaze potassium is not necessary to deal with the rice. Potassium will also be present in the rest of your meal.

OP
U

ursidae

you don't need potassium in every meal to digest a carb. ray said the potassium in orange juice helps, but most people can digest a meal of white rice and meat perfectly fine. potassium with a meal only becomes important if your really diabetic, or have high blood sugars. since your underweight, just getting calories in is more important. in fact too much potassium for someone underweight can cause too much hypoglycemia
Last time I tested, I was insulin resistant. Judging by my PCOS symptoms persisting I probably still am and high potassium foods have helped me a lot

OP
U

ursidae

everything looks normal ?
1631741062758.png

Looking at this graph I believe my glucose should’ve returned to 4.8 by 120 min and insulin should be under 50, certainly not tenfold the fasting value

my results indicate insulin resistant with normal glucose tolerance. It is very likely that I had metronidazole induced beri beri at the time, so I guess that’s a contributing factor but I’m pretty sure it’s not the only cause.

OP
U

ursidae

I’ll be trialling
-jasmine rice Fortified with some potassium+ safe vegetables for fibre. I’ll have to find clean BPA free water and a safe pot that won’t leach heavy metals to boil it in

-organic cooked bananas, I’ll cook them in the peel. Tannins might be a problem

-when I stop having painful urination and cloudy urine (I think it’s not a UTI but an oxalate problem)
Peeled White sweet potatoes+vitamin B6+ Calcium

username

For me, its fruit smoothies using pipa water (young coconut water) and honey(or maple syrup). I like to do a lot of varieties of fruit so that I don't experience any of the side effects of too much one type like digestion upset or too much acidity. So I will use pipa water, honey (or maple syrup), banana, papaya, pineapple, and mango. That is my go to.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals