Searching For Good Jewish Literature

Broken man

Hello all, I am making this thread for advice about good jewish literature. The reason for that is I am reading alot of books and I found that almost all my favourite authors are jewish. I found that they have great view on the world and about solving problems. So please are there some members which should help me find some good books? And please, I dont want to speculate about what they did and are doing now here. I find that their mindset is great way how to improve under bad conditions so I want to learn from them, Thank you.

Shalom

I like jewish people. If I had to pick a religion I would pick judaism. There's a sense of "home" in judaism that I haven't sensed in other religions. The rabbis that I have watched on youtube generally have a much deeper view of the bible than christians. My view of God and the afterlife is much more in line with jews.

But then again there's all sorts of weird rules etc and folklore that has existed before judaism so it probably ain't the answer. Although I don't think that the metaphorical stories existing long before is necessarily a conflict.
And yeah some jews are a bit disparaging of non-jews. Not all though.

Anyway I like David Aaron, Moshe Zeldman and Tovia Singer. Zeldman even looks like my confirmation school priest haha.

OP
Broken man

Broken man

What's the Jewish worldview?
I dont know how to describe it at english because its not my native language but when you will search through their history, you will find that they were always hated by some people because they were successful and knew things which others did not. Even their population is small, they made alot of great companies and things. When I was reading some stories about them, they had almost nothing and still did gold from this nothing. I think that through this centuries of hate and exploitation they developed some toughness and art how to survive even the conditions are very bad. I am reading some books by jewish author and his opinions are awesome.

biggirlkisss

i hated be jewish on Christmas so boring nothing open. My friend said i really missed out on Christmas day as a child.

OP
Broken man

Broken man

Shalom

I like jewish people. If I had to pick a religion I would pick judaism. There's a sense of "home" in judaism that I haven't sensed in other religions. The rabbis that I have watched on youtube generally have a much deeper view of the bible than christians. My view of God and the afterlife is much more in line with jews.

But then again there's all sorts of weird rules etc and folklore that has existed before judaism so it probably ain't the answer. Although I don't think that the metaphorical stories existing long before is necessarily a conflict.

Anyway I like David Aaron, Moshe Zeldman and Tovia Singer. Zeldman even looks like my confirmation school priest haha.
Do you know about some book which describes Torah but in smaller version? I think that I cant read and understand all 5 books when I am not jewish. Thank you.

Repas du soir

The Culture Of Critique: An Evolutionary Analysis of Jewish Involvement in Twentieth-Century Intellectual and Political Movements

Edit: Just kidding.

Last edited:
one of the greatest writers who is Jewish is Philip Roth.

American Pastoral would be a start. It is amazing.

If you want an incredible story of an immigrant, a masterpiece, another Roth, Henry Roth's Call It Sleep. OMG.

A VERY fast-moving amazing book that is both tawdry and also a masterpiece is Harold Robbins, A Stone For Danny Fisher. He was a writer of "cheap" thrillers but actually a magnificent story teller and this coming of age book is really fantastic. Carpetbaggers, The Adventurers, The Betsy. One of the all-time bestselling authors in the world.

For thrillers, Sidney Sheldon was great. Master of the Game, If Tomorrow Comes, Bloodline, all fantastic thrillers.

So there is a range of Jewish fiction, including quality to fun-to-read.

x-ray peat

Ulysses

Spinoza

DaveFoster

The Culture Of Critique: An Evolutionary Analysis of Jewish Involvement in Twentieth-Century Intellectual and Political Movements

Edit: Just kidding.
"kidding"

Anything by the Frankfurt school really.
Shalom

You're describing Orthodox Jews. Most Jews aren't Orthodox, and many Jewish authors have materialist or atheist views (such as Baruch Spinoza, as mentioned along with many post-modernists within the Frankfurt school.)

You're describing Orthodox Jews. Most Jews aren't Orthodox, and many Jewish authors have materialist or atheist views (such as Baruch Spinoza, as mentioned along with many post-modernists within the Frankfurt school.)
I got the impression that OP was interested about religious jews.

OP
Broken man

Broken man

I am asking because I want to understand the way how they are thinking.

Ras

Hello all, I am making this thread for advice about good jewish literature. The reason for that is I am reading alot of books and I found that almost all my favourite authors are jewish. I found that they have great view on the world and about solving problems. So please are there some members which should help me find some good books? And please, I dont want to speculate about what they did and are doing now here. I find that their mindset is great way how to improve under bad conditions so I want to learn from them, Thank you.
I'm a fan of this one.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals