Searching by title is finnicky (& threadloom search disabled?)

Vajra

Personally I liked the threadloom search frontend more since it's more compact than the xenforo option. But even if you choose threadloom, it's the xenforo frontend.
I also found searching by title might be weird? I tried searching for "MSM" in the title and it returned no results despite threads of course existing e.g. MSM + TAURINE very restorative for hair health (I think!). Maybe that's just a quirk for the characters "MSM" or something? But I've done so before at least on the threadloom frontend and it worked, as you would expect.

Vesi

Personally I liked the threadloom search frontend more since it's more compact than the xenforo option. But even if you choose threadloom, it's the xenforo frontend.
I also found searching by title might be weird? I tried searching for "MSM" in the title and it returned no results despite threads of course existing e.g. MSM + TAURINE very restorative for hair health (I think!). Maybe that's just a quirk for the characters "MSM" or something? But I've done so before at least on the threadloom frontend and it worked, as you would expect.

This needs fixing. From my pov, search is broken right now.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Threadloom was bought out and the company that purchased them shut down the search function. I have implemented Google search while I work on a better solution.

Vileplume

Threadloom was bought out and the company that purchased them shut down the search function. I have implemented Google search while I work on a better solution.
Thanks Charlie. That’s unfortunate about Threadloom.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I have installed a new search engine and have indexed the entire forum. Go ahead and give it a whirl.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I have installed a new search engine and have indexed the entire forum. Go ahead and give it a whirl.
Thanks, Charlie, I thought I had done something wrong when the searches weren't working as usual.

Zoltanman

This is absolute magic compared to previous searches!!! I just got 30+ more results on something I've searched repeatedly in the last 3 months, all threads I had never seen before. Thanks heaps for the upgrade!!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
This is absolute magic compared to previous searches!!! I just got 30+ more results on something I've searched repeatedly in the last 3 months, all threads I had never seen before. Thanks heaps for the upgrade!!
This is wonderful news! :cool:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
excellent! Thanks too for all your hard work behind the scenes, mate!
You are very welcome. Thanks for being here. :hattip

It's truly wonderful that the info here is helping.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom