Scuba Diving: Air Pressure Healing Effects

Sanjutsi

So I recently picked up scuba diving and bumped into an interesting article about a woman with terminal cancer, her tumor would shrink everytime she did a session of Scuba diving and now she’s still alive and kicking. I read another article about a chronic lyme patient (stealth bacterial infection) who severely reduced her symptoms after scuba diving.

I also witness more mental clarity, zero scalp itchiness and a more healthy feeling in general after each dive, which I do not get from surfing or snorkeling.

I feel there must be some interesting mechanic triggered by the higher pressure and smaller volume/higher density of air in the deep, maybe the pressure might push oxygen deeper into tissue or maybe the pressure has a positive/negative effect on our microbiome / pathogen load. Maybe it’s related to the nitrogen we inhale from the pressured air in the oxygentank, i’m not sure what is behind these stories — but I feel very curious!

How do you guys think?

rzero

Sounds interesting. I don't know much in this arena. Hyperbaric therapy comes to mind. I'd like to know more as well.