Scrambled Eggs And Oysters

tara

I have previously enjoyed my occasional oyster treats in some variant of a milky chowder, but I was looking for a way to enjoy them without the milk. This turned out delicious.

Chop oysters.
Mix with beaten egg, liquid from oysters, a little water, salt to taste.
Scramble in coconut oil.

I enjoyed this with boiled spuds and parsley.
Could no doubt be elaborated with all the other things one can do with scrambled eggs. If I happen to have spinach or green broth around next time, I might include that. Milk and butter would be nice, if you are not avoiding them.

RobertJM

Thanks Tara. I have always found oysters quite disgusting (the only recommended Peat thing I see no appeal to), so perhaps they would taste better with scrambled egg. I had never even considered this combination. I find liver (cooked so slightly pink in the middle, and salted) very pleasant with scrambled egg and/or cheese/ketchup.

Now I've just said that, I've talked myself out of the oysters thing. I still don't get how they taste even remtotely pleasant to people. That fishy slime. Yuk lol

J

jb116

Yes, love this. Been eating Oysters and Eggs for the past 2 years now. I like it with white rice.

L

lollipop

I never even thought about this combo @tara. Thank you for posting. Will be quite yummy I bet. Will try this week. Usually I make Parmesan chips/crisps and eat with the oysters. Adding the egg combo should be tasty also with the crisps :):

TheHound

I have previously enjoyed my occasional oyster treats in some variant of a milky chowder, but I was looking for a way to enjoy them without the milk. This turned out delicious.

Chop oysters.
Scramble in coconut oil.

Could no doubt be elaborated with all the other things one can do with scrambled eggs. If I happen to have spinach or green broth around next time, I might include that. Milk and butter would be nice, if you are not avoiding them.

have you tried frying oysters in butter and adding lemon juice and salt to them? the lemon juice makes them taste so much better imo

yerrag

Chop oysters.
Scramble in coconut oil.

Are these canned or fresh oysters?

Funny, as I decided to eat oysters the easy way yesterday and frying with eggs is as easy as it gets. I had the fresh ones though, and I made them into an omelette.

I was always wanting to make Chines oyster cake, but that was a lot more work, and that kept me from enjoying the benefits of eating oysters.

Thanks!

OP
T

tara

Are these canned or fresh oysters?
I buy them fresh, but freeze some. These were out of the freezer.
Funny, as I decided to eat oysters the easy way yesterday and frying with eggs is as easy as it gets. I had the fresh ones though, and I made them into an omelette.
Yes, nice and easy and delicious. :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals