Schumann Wave Emitter

Tarmander

Anyone ever used one of these? After a few days use, it is awesome

The Schumann frequency is supposedly the earth's resonance and has some implications for human health. If you google it you can find a ton of articles.

I got this one:

https://amzn.to/2VtXBl5

There are more expensive ones that are probably better and more mobile (https://amzn.to/2x5igmk) but I wanted to try it out before spending more

First night: I had it plugged in all night next to my bed. Had crazy, very vivid dreams and slept great. In the morning I plugged it in next to my work and after an hour or so felt very spacey and dizzy. Kind of like after being in the ocean all day and your body feels like it's moving but you aren't. Probably over did it

Second night: Plugged it in for an hour before bed while I read. Unplugged it as I was falling asleep and slept great. Not as intense dreams

Third Night: Similar to the previous night but only used it for 45 minutes or so.

Some naps: Really makes naps refreshing and I wake up after 30 minutes very hungry.

linx

Forum Supporter
This is super interesting. It's a variant of PEMF I guess? I had no idea they had such cheap models... should have searched amazon I guess. I tried an earth pulse back in the day and I couldn't even sleep with it - it was waaaay too powerful, not to mention expensive.

Beastmode

@Tarmander Your experience with the 1st night of sleep with it looks similar to when I did Dave Asprey's online NEUROMINER program which puts you in different brain wave states. More specifically, when I did the Theta level before bed I had very vivid dreams (some of the most intense) and slept really well. I had a similar day following that experience as if I was in a Theta state all day.

Something about it was really cool, but it also lead me to questions about how metabolically expensive it is to dream that intensely."

I'm very interested in seeing the applicability of difference frequencies and resonances and it's impact on overall health.

I had an email exchange with Peat about this last November:

Me:
Are you familiar with schumann's resonance and it's possible impact on improving health/metabolic functioning?

Seems really hard these days to separate gimmicks from something legitimate and worthy of experimentation.

Have you personally experimented with sound/different frequencies for improving health, etc?

Peat:
I’ve been interested in it for a long time, especially using pulsating light at various frequencies. Michael Persinger’s articles are very good.

Similar Spectral Power Densities Within the Schumann Resonance and a Large Population of Quantitative Electroencephalographic Profiles: Supportive Evidence for Koenig and Pobachenko
• Kevin S. Saroka, David E. Vares, Michael A. Persinger
• Study 2-Real Time Correlations Between Schumann resonance Measured Locally and Non-Locally and Brain Spectral Power Densities

Abstract

In 1954 and 1960 Koenig and his colleagues described the remarkable similarities of spectral power density profiles and patterns between the earth-ionosphere resonance and human brain activity which also share magnitudes for both electric field (mV/m) and magnetic field (pT) components. In 2006 Pobachenko and colleagues reported real time coherence between variations in the Schumann and brain activity spectra within the 6–16 Hz band for a small sample. We examined the ratios of the average potential differences (~3 μV) obtained by whole brain quantitative electroencephalography (QEEG) between rostral-caudal and left-right (hemispheric) comparisons of 238 measurements from 184 individuals over a 3.5 year period. Spectral densities for the rostral-caudal axis revealed a powerful peak at 10.25 Hz while the left-right peak was 1.95 Hz with beat-differences of ~7.5 to 8 Hz. When global cerebral measures were employed, the first (7–8 Hz), second (13–14 Hz) and third (19–20 Hz) harmonics of the Schumann resonances were discernable in averaged QEEG profiles in some but not all participants. The intensity of the endogenous Schumann resonance was related to the ‘best-of-fitness’ of the traditional 4-class microstate model. Additional measurements demonstrated real-time coherence for durations approximating microstates in spectral power density variations between Schumann frequencies measured in Sudbury, Canada and Cumiana, Italy with the QEEGs of local subjects. Our results confirm the measurements reported by earlier researchers that demonstrated unexpected similarities in the spectral patterns and strengths of electromagnetic fields generated by the human brain and the earth-ionospheric cavity.

Me:
I came across this home device that may spark your interest, given what you shared.

https://bio-medical.com/david-delig...wEYs39lB4YpxFHCCPmxMJnPUwZEfFo-BoCr74QAvD_BwE

There's a pro and a few other models available from this product line. It has a variety of options.

Does it look like another gimmick to you?

Peat:
Mostly gimmick; very little is known about the harmful effects of prolonged interference with the earth rhythms.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Something about it was really cool, but it also lead me to questions about how metabolically expensive it is to dream that intensely.

I think there is definitely something to this statement. It doesn't feel metabolically expensive like EMF from a wifi router where you feel stimulated, ravenously hungry, and bloated. It is more like a quiet hunger that feels good and calm. I notice when I go camping I get the same hungry feelings.

Last night using it for about an hour I felt like I was awake but dreaming. I hadn't fell asleep yet but I was in this dazed sleep. I turned it off and fell right asleep.

Beastmode

I think there is definitely something to this statement. It doesn't feel metabolically expensive like EMF from a wifi router where you feel stimulated, ravenously hungry, and bloated. It is more like a quiet hunger that feels good and calm. I notice when I go camping I get the same hungry feelings.

Last night using it for about an hour I felt like I was awake but dreaming. I hadn't fell asleep yet but I was in this dazed sleep. I turned it off and fell right asleep.

Like cold showers, intermittent fasting, etc I think having metrics to determine if we're building resilience compared to testing our resilience is key. I think that's why Peat considers a lot of stuff "gimmicky" b/c he's looking at it from a much more general perception which might makes more obvious. #Iamstilllrealizingthis

Your experience last night sounds like that space between delta and theta wave frequency. High creatives apparently can get in that space more often than the average person from what I'm told.

I know a guy who has like 3x waking Delta brainwaves and he's one of the most creative, mind altering, type of people I've ever met. Good thing he's a solid human being who helps a lot of people in his work :)

I think you might be onto something with this. Be cool to see how you do sleep wise without it for a few days.

***t, I might have to order this now and have a play :)

EDIT: I ORDERED ONE!

Last edited:

yerrag

Anyone ever used one of these? After a few days use, it is awesome

The Schumann frequency is supposedly the earth's resonance and has some implications for human health. If you google it you can find a ton of articles.

I got this one:

https://amzn.to/2VtXBl5

There are more expensive ones that are probably better and more mobile (https://amzn.to/2x5igmk) but I wanted to try it out before spending more

First night: I had it plugged in all night next to my bed. Had crazy, very vivid dreams and slept great. In the morning I plugged it in next to my work and after an hour or so felt very spacey and dizzy. Kind of like after being in the ocean all day and your body feels like it's moving but you aren't. Probably over did it

Second night: Plugged it in for an hour before bed while I read. Unplugged it as I was falling asleep and slept great. Not as intense dreams

Third Night: Similar to the previous night but only used it for 45 minutes or so.

Some naps: Really makes naps refreshing and I wake up after 30 minutes very hungry.

I've read about this before and back then I thought it nice to have that 8Hz at me. I didn't know a device could be had for a song. Put it on my cart for ordering when normal life resumes. As my forwarding service isn't back to operation yet.

When you find a portable lead-lined enclosure to block all other waves, let us know as well.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

I've read about this before and back then I thought it nice to have that 8Hz at me. I didn't know a device could be had for a song. Put it on my cart for ordering when normal life resumes. As my forwarding service isn't back to operation yet.

When you find a portable lead-lined enclosure to block all other waves, let us know as well.
it's spendy

201408021102588669.jpg

Like cold showers, intermittent fasting, etc I think having metrics to determine if we're building resilience compared to testing our resilience is key. I think that's why Peat considers a lot of stuff "gimmicky" b/c he's looking at it from a much more general perception which might makes more obvious. #Iamstilllrealizingthis

Your experience last night sounds like that space between delta and theta wave frequency. High creatives apparently can get in that space more often than the average person from what I'm told.

I know a guy who has like 3x waking Delta brainwaves and he's one of the most creative, mind altering, type of people I've ever met. Good thing he's a solid human being who helps a lot of people in his work :)

I think you might be onto something with this. Be cool to see how you do sleep wise without it for a few days.

***t, I might have to order this now and have a play :)

EDIT: I ORDERED ONE!
let us know your experience!

Beastmode

it's spendy

201408021102588669.jpg

let us know your experience!

Will do!

Silly question I imagine, but do you just plug it into the computer or something else?

I ask b/c you mentioned about having it on all night and I don't have any electronics in my bedroom when I sleep.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Will do!

Silly question I imagine, but do you just plug it into the computer or something else?

I ask b/c you mentioned about having it on all night and I don't have any electronics in my bedroom when I sleep.
it has a usb end to it. I just plugged it into an outlet with an adapter

SOMO

Wouldn't you need to sit on top of this for it to have any effect? How far does the signal travel?

Inaut

Tesla purple plates are said to resonant with Schumann. I ordered one and will test it out to see if it makes a difference or is just a gimmick

RealNeat

I'm not convinced that unless one lives in a extremely dense city, in a high rise, that Schumann resonance is dulled out. The thing penetrates and flows through everything.

Beastmode

Tesla purple plates are said to resonant with Schumann. I ordered one and will test it out to see if it makes a difference or is just a gimmick

Did you get the tesla device yet and try it out?

@Tarmander I got the device you used today. I did a 15 min session with it after breakfast and could definitely notice energy moving through my body. It felt similar to a few sound bowl meditations I've done before. It felt somewhere between the alpha and theta state based on prior experiences in them. Will definitely try it tonight before bed for 15 minutes to see how it effects my sleep tonight.

I'll either report back at 3 am if I can't sleep from it :), or sometime after breakfast tomorrow.

Beastmode

I used it for 30 min before bed and I got a bit amped up from it for some reason. It took 2 hours to finally fall asleep for the night. Typically takes me around 20 min to fall asleep.

Day 2 experiment will be the same during the day after breakfast at the same time minus the evening session before bed.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

I used it for 30 min before bed and I got a bit amped up from it for some reason. It took 2 hours to finally fall asleep for the night. Typically takes me around 20 min to fall asleep.

Day 2 experiment will be the same during the day after breakfast at the same time minus the evening session before bed.
yikes

Definitely doesn't amp me up.

If I could describe it. It feels like I start dreaming before I fall asleep. Like I lose control of my mind and it goes where it wants to as I lay in bed

Beastmode

yikes

When I do it during the day, my sleep has been more restful at night.

So far the past 2 nights have been noticeable improved and that device is the only thing I've added to my daily regiment.

After a week or so, I'll try it again before bed to see if it's different.

Have you tried Neurominer | Biohacked I'm not a fan of Asprey, but I had some cool experiences when doing this training. My kid was born so I wasn't able to continue with it (sleep deprivation,) but now I'm thinking about starting it up again.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

I have not tried that from Asprey

That is cool you use it during the day and it makes your sleep better.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals