Schizophrenia Cures?

johnwester130

Dr. Peat's other article on this subject is "A Biophysical Approach to Altered Consciousness", which is the first link on a list of Dr. Peat's articles not posted on his main site: Ray Peat related sites directory (MarshmalloW).

Alcohol is inflammatory, don't use it. Stimulants shred the mitochondria, don't use them.

In addition to the usual interventions (niacinamide, thyroid, progesterone, pregnenolone, b-vitamins, orange juice, etc), consider that emotional stress is a very strong factor for energy-depletion too.

inredible find , thank you.

Paranoia is mostly Norepinephrine due to increased vigilence, I can only recall being paranoid from doing lots of Cocaine in my youth. Terrible feeling.

How to lower adrenaline / norepinephrine ? have this chronic

DaveFoster

Nicotine gum helps. I try to keep my intake within 4 mg per day and use it when working.
Smoking / Vaping Nicotine .
@Peatogenic
Schizophrenics very often smoke greater amounts of tobacco, and nicotine has been shown to have anti-psychotic properties. The second-generation anti-psychotics have extra-pyramidal side effects, some of them permanent, which cause some to commit suicide. Cyproheptadine has an anti-psychotic action and relieves schizophrenic symptoms, and it has not been associated with extra-pyramidal symptoms: quite the opposite.

REFERENCES
1. Akhondzadeh S, Mohammadi MR, Amini-Nooshabadi H, Davari-Ashtiani R. Cyproheptadine in treatment of chronic schizophrenia: a double-blind, placebo-controlled study. J Clin Pharm Ther. 1999 Feb;24(1):49–52. Cyproheptadine is a relatively safe compound and may be of therapeutic benefit in treating negative symptoms of schizophrenia in combination with typical neuroleptics. However, a larger study to confirm our results is warranted.
2. Fischel T, Hermesh H, Aizenberg D, Zemishlany Z, Munitz H, Benjamini Y, et al. Cyproheptadine versus propranolol for the treatment of acute neuroleptic-induced akathisia: a comparative double-blind study. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2001 Dec;21(6):612–5. We conclude that cyproheptadine 16 mg/day is as effective as propranolol for the treatment of acute NIA. The antiakathisic effect of cyproheptadine may be mostly attributable to its serotonin antagonistic activity.

magnesiumania

I used to love niacin but i actually had a red face even the next day. Abd i thought i released histamine rather than being an anti histamine. Also high dose b vits are known to deplete ceruloplasmin. As ceruloplasmin is an antioxidant i dont think thats a good idea for a schizo with high oxidative stress.

Sean.R

Has anyone here cured schizophrenia? I think my brain has been slowly moving to that place over the past four years.

It has officially moved to paranoia and obsessive behavior. For a while now I've felt if I can solve the riddle with my thoughts that I will become stable but I always end up remembering physiology roots.
Is schizophrenia genetic? Are you near Massachusetts?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals