Schizophrenia Cures?

Peatogenic

Has anyone here cured schizophrenia? I think my brain has been slowly moving to that place over the past four years.

It has officially moved to paranoia and obsessive behavior. For a while now I've felt if I can solve the riddle with my thoughts that I will become stable but I always end up remembering physiology roots.

Sepulchrave

First thing to do is stop dairy and gluten intake. Casein and gluten have been linked to schizophrenia. Milk has always made my symptoms worse.

I eat a TCM recommended diet of white rice, potatoes, boiled greens, eggs, meat, coconut oil and a little bit of fruit. I keep my sugar intake low. Research what TCM says about schizophrenia.

Small doses of niacinamide throughout the day has helped me immensely. I intend to try Thiamine and Pyridoxine too. Nicotine gum helps. I try to keep my intake within 4 mg per day and use it when working.

Getting your temp up with thyroid, taurine, theanine, methylene blue, exercise and sunlight exposure all help.

I take diphenhydramine as a sleep aid three times a week. Other work days, I use a herbal sleep supp.

Practice Buddhism. Afflictions are caused by karma as well as present defilements. Get rid of thoughts by anchoring yourself to the present with a mantra coordinated with the breath.

HDD

Has anyone here cured schizophrenia? I think my brain has been slowly moving to that place over the past four years.

It has officially moved to paranoia and obsessive behavior. For a while now I've felt if I can solve the riddle with my thoughts that I will become stable but I always end up remembering physiology roots.

These are only the conclusions from studies on vitamin D, aspirin, and thyroid.

Vitamin D-
CLINICAL IMPLICATIONS: While vitamin D deficiency probably plays a role in
somatic health problems, it may also play a role in schizophrenia. Interestingly,
exposure to daylight during an unusually sunny spring was not sufficient to
correct the vitamin D deficiency seen in the patients. This emphasizes the need
to measure and correct vitamin D levels in these patients.
It was concluded that cyproheptadine hydrochloride can be beneficial with regard to improved calmness and sleep, to mood and energy levels and to e negative and even positive psychotic symptoms in a subgroup chronic schizophrenics nonresponsive to other therapies.
[Bacher NM, et al; J Clin Psychopharmacol 14 (6): 424-25 (1994)] **PEER REVIEWED*

Aspirin-

CONCLUSION:
Aspirin given as adjuvant therapy to regular antipsychotic treatment reduces the symptoms of schizophrenia spectrum disorders. The reduction is more pronounced in those with the more altered immune function. Inflammation may constitute a potential new target for antipsychotic drug development.
TRIAL REGISTRATION:
controlled-trials.com Identifier: ISRCTN27745631.

Thyroid medication-

J Psychiatry Med 1988;18(3):263-70. The diagnostic dilemma of myxedema and madness, axis I and axis II: a longitudinal case report. Darko DF, Krull A, Dickinson M, Gillin JC, Risch SC. “A patient with presumed chronic paranoid schizophrenia had chronic thyroiditis and Grade I hypothyroidism. Psychosis cleared following treatment with thyroid replacement.” “The differential diagnosis among hypothyroidism and primary axis I psychotic and depressive psychopathology has always been problematic.”

moriwatzi

Abram Hoffer pretty much cured schizophrenia with Niacin / Niacinamide: http://www.doctoryourself.com/Hoffer2009int.pdf

Peat mentioned Niacin's effect on aborting LSD induced hallucinations & I find it hard to imagine having positive schizophrenia symptoms on let's say 4 or 5 grams of Niacin. Most people should start with 50mg and increase if no effects are observed. Most people seem to need few grams though. Have the Niacin with food. On empty stomach it can be quite brutal. Also topical works in water, but you need a lot of it & it is somehow itchy.

Also look into Pfeiffers work Zinc and Manganese in the Schizophrenias - Carl C. Pfeiffer, Ph.D., M.D. and Scott LaMola, B.S

Can recommend https://www.amazon.com/Life-Extensi...2781340&sr=8-3&keywords=life+extension+niacin & https://www.amazon.com/Twinlab-Niac...id=1512781391&sr=1-2&keywords=twinlabs+niacin

The "no-flush" and time release versions don't work.

Inosine is another nice, clean & side effect less supplement you should try.

Last edited:

michael94

Abram Hoffer pretty much cured schizophrenia with Niacin / Niacinamide: http://www.doctoryourself.com/Hoffer2009int.pdf

Peat mentioned Niacin's effect on aborting LSD induced hallucinations & I find it hard to imagine having positive schizophrenia symptoms on let's say 4 or 5 grams of Niacin. Most people should start with 50mg and increase if no effects are observed. Most people seem to need few grams though.

Also look into Pfeiffers work Zinc and Manganese in the Schizophrenias - Carl C. Pfeiffer, Ph.D., M.D. and Scott LaMola, B.S

Can recommend https://www.amazon.com/Life-Extensi...2781340&sr=8-3&keywords=life+extension+niacin & https://www.amazon.com/Twinlab-Niac...id=1512781391&sr=1-2&keywords=twinlabs+niacin

Niacin flush feels really good. I dont know why they even made no flush versions.

Dhair

Have you considered that you might just be a hypochondriac?

michael94

Yeah some people really like it. Others want to scratch their skin off.
One of my first experiences ever buying something from a health food/supplement store was niacin. i dont even remember why I bought it or what led me to think it was a good idea. I was probably like 11 or 12 yeaars old. Its actually kind of surreal thinking about it because there was something really unique about that time in my life.

Anyway, nice advice.

Syncopated

Avoid moody food. Peel apples and any visible moody spots.

Avoid street cannabis.

Get testosterone or progesterone depending on your gender, exercise with weights.

www.zaptheparasites.com

Get an A-6

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

First thing to do is stop dairy and gluten intake. Casein and gluten have been linked to schizophrenia. Milk has always made my symptoms worse.

I eat a TCM recommended diet of white rice, potatoes, boiled greens, eggs, meat, coconut oil and a little bit of fruit. I keep my sugar intake low. Research what TCM says about schizophrenia.

Small doses of niacinamide throughout the day has helped me immensely. I intend to try Thiamine and Pyridoxine too. Nicotine gum helps. I try to keep my intake within 4 mg per day and use it when working.

Getting your temp up with thyroid, taurine, theanine, methylene blue, exercise and sunlight exposure all help.

I take diphenhydramine as a sleep aid three times a week. Other work days, I use a herbal sleep supp.

Practice Buddhism. Afflictions are caused by karma as well as present defilements. Get rid of thoughts by anchoring yourself to the present with a mantra coordinated with the breath.

Th
Have you considered that you might just be a hypochondriac?
Yes

Dhair

That's harsh dude. Guy might not be in a good place right now.
That is not my intention. I'm just saying that he is coming to us without a formal diagnosis.
I have had some of the thoughts that you might be having, but I can't really pinpoint any specific obsessive or paranoid behaviors, other than actually thinking that I might one day lose my mind or become schizophrenic.
I talk to a therapist sometimes. It helps. It is important to remember that while the brain can atrophy at any time in a person's lifetime, most schizophrenic males are diagnosed when they are in their mid to late teens. Do you have actual delusions? Even though schizophrenia has been talked about as being a kind of spectrum, this is one symptom that seems to be all-encompassing. Any childhood trauma or family trauma/history of schizophrenia? If the answer is no, then I think it is unlikely that you would develop the disease.
I'm not a professional psychiatrist, and I wasn't trying to invalidate your feelings. I'm just saying that if you haven't been diagnosed, you should consider the possibility that you may just be dealing with a tremendous amount of anxiety.

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

Peat mentioned Niacin's effect on aborting LSD induced hallucinations & I find it hard to imagine having positive schizophrenia symptoms on let's say 4 or 5 grams of Niacin. Most people should start with 50mg and increase if no effects are observed. Most people seem to need few grams though. Have the Niacin with food. On empty stomach it can be quite brutal. Also topical works in water, but you need a lot of it & it is somehow itchy.

Thank you for all the info

That is not my intention. I'm just saying that he is coming to us without a formal diagnosis.

I have had some of the thoughts that you might be having, but I can't really pinpoint any specific obsessive or paranoid behaviors, other than actually thinking that I might one day lose my mind or become schizophrenic.
I talk to a therapist sometimes. It helps. It is important to remember that while the brain can atrophy at any time in a person's lifetime, most schizophrenic males are diagnosed when they are in their mid to late teens. Do you have actual delusions? Even though schizophrenia has been talked about as being a kind of spectrum, this is one symptom that seems to be all-encompassing. Any childhood trauma or family trauma/history of schizophrenia? If the answer is no, then I think it is unlikely that you would develop the disease.
I'm not a professional psychiatrist, and I wasn't trying to invalidate your feelings. I'm just saying that if you haven't been diagnosed, you should consider the possibility that you may just be dealing with a tremendous amount of anxiety.

Thanks, I understood your point. I have what some might think of as delusions but not hallucinations, no diagnosis, no family history. I know that it can also be my mounds of external stressors. Paranoia is a new thing for me, though. But it could definitely be anxiety. I started seeing a therapist a couple months ago.

Dhair

Thanks, I understood your point. I have what some might think of as delusions but not hallucinations, no diagnosis, no family history. I know that it can also be my mounds of external stressors. Paranoia is a new thing for me, though. But it could definitely be anxiety. I started seeing a therapist a couple months ago.
Would you mind describing what some of the delusions are like? And the paranoia? What kind of external stressors are you dealing with?

BrianF

Apologies.

moriwatzi

You're welcome. Report back how Niacin works out for you. It should take care of the anxiety and paranoia as well. Be careful with Things like pregnenolone and phenibut & even watchful for negative effects of Glycine and Magnesium.

Pet Peeve

delusions but not hallucinations

Loratadine works for me. Hydroxocobalamin and chloride because of ruined digestion. Copper accumulation has been linked to schizophrenia symptoms. Sugar will create co2 and your body will lower metabolism, including brain, to maintain the right ph.

LUH 3417

Loratadine works for me. Hydroxocobalamin and chloride because of ruined digestion. Copper accumulation has been linked to schizophrenia symptoms. Sugar will create co2 and your body will lower metabolism, including brain, to maintain the right ph.
So sugar lowers metabolism?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals