Scary Side Effects

Rosie

I seem to have some strange and scary side effects from supplements lately.
It happens if I take magnesium, Benadryl or famotidine so far, and I’m not taking large doses and not away from food. My ears start to ring and my feet and legs throb. If im about to drift off to sleep, it actually wakes me up. I’m assuming this means my blood pressure shots through the roof? Does anyone have any idea as to what might be going on?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
No idea. Check your blood pressure when this happens. Also check your pulse. It could be a histamine response.

D

danishispsychic

Just a thought. I get ringing ears and throbbing if I take Magnesium these days- prob not the right calcium/,mag ratio - my blood pressure actually drops as I drift off to sleep and my heart will start racing and it wakes me up. Mine is low blood pressure - I always have to make sure I have enough salt also.

SOMO

Ringing ears generally has something to do with BP.

You should get a BP monitor/wristband.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Just a thought. I get ringing ears and throbbing if I take Magnesium these days- prob not the right calcium/,mag ratio - my blood pressure actually drops as I drift off to sleep and my heart will start racing and it wakes me up. Mine is low blood pressure - I always have to make sure I have enough salt also.

Brilliant. I get the same exact symptoms! I drift to sleep and abruptly awaken in an anxious state that quickly resolves. The low blood pressure and ear ringing is also present with magnesium. Hmmm. I wonder what can be done.

D

danishispsychic

Brilliant. I get the same exact symptoms! I drift to sleep and abruptly awaken in an anxious state that quickly resolves. The low blood pressure and ear ringing is also present with magnesium. Hmmm. I wonder what can be done.
I stop taking Magnesium and add Calcium.

OP
R

Rosie

Thank you all for your input.
I stopped all supplements a couple of weeks ago, and over the last week I have tweaked my diet. I started wondering if this might have something to do with glucose metabolism. So I cut out all fat, except for an egg a day. Non fat milk, gelatin, lots of fruit and well cooked veggies, orange juice etc. More frequent and smaller meals. It seems to have gotten better and last night I took magnesium and did not get the weird effects. I have been sleeping like a rock all week too. The jury is still out, but I think that with the stress I have been under lately and eating too much fat, I might have developed issues with glucose metabolism.
Not sure how the supplements tie into it though...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals