Scalp Tingling

MattJacko

I have a very defined tingling sensation in my scalp that began just around the time I slowly started losing hair (about 5 years ago)
It is a feeling of pins and needles on the top of my head. For a while I even thought it might have been some sort of insects, but I do not have dandruff and I do not have head lice.
It is very interesting to me that no google or YouTube search yields any results for this sensation since it is so clearly felt by me.

Has anyone felt or experienced this before?

TibRex

Like you, I do get similar sensations too, which i would describe as crawling, insect-like "worming" around but it's below the scalp. I do not think it's related to hair fall. My take? It's just Prana [Indian Sanskrit term for the Chinese word 'Qi' or 'Ki' in Japanese] or one's vital energy moving around. It's part of the Kundalini phenomena when the energy currents would typically move up or down the spine and I have seen it moving in the form of lightning flashes.

If it remains in the head too long, it can be uncomfortable and even cause insomnia, ataxia, etc. The best thing to do in that situation is to reverse the flow. To do this, it's best to focus on the bottom of the feet, say the middle part of the sole and then mentally will it to descend to that spot, and it will, hence the saying that 'energy follows thought'. The moment it descends, it will start to typically bring about bouts of yawning and burping as the gas gets expelled in the belly region. This is called 'grounding' oneself. One can do that by walking on the dewy grass or on the beach. In brief, avoid being top-heavy due to one being or becoming too mental. It should be the other way round [i.e. bottom heavy] esp. prior to going to bed, at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Jinju

@MattJacko - I noticed that there were no other responses to your thread.
I have had a similar issue on and off for the last few months - a sensation of ants crawling on the scalp. This past month, it has been accompanied by a weird pressure at the back of the head (not a headache).

Have your symptoms subsided?
I thought mine might be related to hypertension. Incidentally my blood pressure has been high whenever I have had this sensation...

OP
M

MattJacko

@MattJacko - I noticed that there were no other responses to your thread.
I have had a similar issue on and off for the last few months - a sensation of ants crawling on the scalp. This past month, it has been accompanied by a weird pressure at the back of the head (not a headache).

Have your symptoms subsided?
I thought mine might be related to hypertension. Incidentally my blood pressure has been high whenever I have had this sensation...
The symptoms are still going on, I think it has something to do with hairloss

No hypertension or high blood pressure for me

Tim Lundeen

You can get a crawling sensation like that with some of the Lyme co-infections. Cryptolepis tincture might help, dosage is 1-4 dropperfuls 4-6x per day divided doses diluted in a little water, and can be taken for several weeks. If I didn't get some relief in a few days I'd stop, though. I haven't heard of these causing scalp crawling, usually in the body skin, but certainly seems possible.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals