Scalp Progesterone For Hair Loss Experiment

xetawaves

I've never taken DHEA....

With prog, you need to keep SODIUM up... add lots of salt to your meals :)

Noted, thank you.

I just don't wanna have another shed. I never have any luck with them regrowing. They're all "bad sheds" and I can't afford another one.

xetawaves

I'd steer clear of DHEA in that case...

BTW, have you ever tried Tyromix?

Nope, I've stayed away from thyroid. I'm skinny and have to eat ALOT of food to gain weight, my metabolism is crazy fast. I thought about gaining a little weight and seeing what that does for my hair. I'm starting to think that some skinny people like me have a tight galea which hurts circulation to the top of the scalp. I see gaining a little weight helping that.

I saw a kid that I went to school with the other day for the first time in a while. Guy is super super overweight and eats like ***t but has some of the thickest hair I've ever seen on a dude.

Progesterone

Nope, I've stayed away from thyroid. I'm skinny and have to eat ALOT of food to gain weight, my metabolism is crazy fast. I thought about gaining a little weight and seeing what that does for my hair. I'm starting to think that some skinny people like me have a tight galea which hurts circulation to the top of the scalp. I see gaining a little weight helping that.

I saw a kid that I went to school with the other day for the first time in a while. Guy is super super overweight and eats like ***t but has some of the thickest hair I've ever seen on a dude.

Don't think how skinny/fat you are correlates to hair loss, but.. when I was bulking and was a fat bastard(but strong as hell) I had zero hair loss. This is also 6-7 yrs ago too, though..

xetawaves

Don't think how skinny/fat you are correlates to hair loss, but.. when I was bulking and was a fat bastard(but strong as hell) I had zero hair loss. This is also 6-7 yrs ago too, though..

When I was bulking hard around 3-4 years ago I didn't either. Other than a receded hairline that I'd had for a while. When I lost weight, my hair diffused. Then I lost more weight earlier this year and it diffused again pretty badly. I think that maybe weight combined with skull structure has something to do with hair loss in some people. There are so many variables at play when it comes to hair loss. So many different things can cause it. You just have to figure out what's causing yours before the follicles die completely.

The fact that most hair loss in people comes from the top of the head makes me think it has to do with circulation. Minoxidil for example.

xetawaves

2nd day taking progesterone. I decided to start with a low dose and see how I react first. Been taking only 6mg topically. Hasn't seemed to affect the amount of hair shed yet, but the stuff relaxes the hell out of me. I feel like I stop caring about things similar to being drunk.

So has anyone here successfully halted their hair loss with progesterone?

Progesterone

2nd day taking progesterone. I decided to start with a low dose and see how I react first. Been taking only 6mg topically. Hasn't seemed to affect the amount of hair shed yet, but the stuff relaxes the hell out of me. I feel like I stop caring about things similar to being drunk.

So has anyone here successfully halted their hair loss with progesterone?

Told ya... that's what I mean when I say it's like stress just melts off.. it's good stuff.

I have other threads going on right now.

Basically, I figured out...

Thyroid + Progesterone = synergistic. Prog converts into cortisol and thyroid needs cortisol to work. (Shoutout to my boy gbold).

Now... I also did some heavy digging, looking at my timeline's of supps used and pics of my hair.

I'll re-post the dates exactly soon but I found out.. on tyromix + prog = best hair, not only that but face was great too.

xetawaves

Told ya... that's what I mean when I say it's like stress just melts off.. it's good stuff.

I have other threads going on right now.

Basically, I figured out...

Thyroid + Progesterone = synergistic. Prog converts into cortisol and thyroid needs cortisol to work. (Shoutout to my boy gbold).

Now... I also did some heavy digging, looking at my timeline's of supps used and pics of my hair.

I'll re-post the dates exactly soon but I found out.. on tyromix + prog = best hair, not only that but face was great too.

I wonder if red light on the thyroid + prog would have the same effect. I used to use my red light on my thyroid everyday and I could absolutely tell a difference in how I felt. Also my entire body would be so warm after using it.

Progesterone

I wonder if red light on the thyroid + prog would have the same effect. I used to use my red light on my thyroid everyday and I could absolutely tell a difference in how I felt. Also my entire body would be so warm after using it.

Worth a shot if you dont wanna dabble in thyroid yet.

BTW, in light of this new discovery that Prog is synergistic with thyroid (converts into cortisol) I will use prog in lower dosages, and try to dose when I dose thyroid. for example.... 20mg of prog orally, dropped on tongue.

xetawaves

Worth a shot if you dont wanna dabble in thyroid yet.

BTW, in light of this new discovery that Prog is synergistic with thyroid (converts into cortisol) I will use prog in lower dosages, and try to dose when I dose thyroid. for example.... 20mg of prog orally, dropped on tongue.

If prog converts into cortisol, wouldn't that be bad for hair?

Progesterone

If prog converts into cortisol, wouldn't that be bad for hair?

I think it's a lot more complex and complicated than that...

*Cortisol and thyroid—We need a proper amount of cortisol in the body in order to allow thyroid to work efficiently. I say that cortisol is like a car that carries thyroid hormone out of the blood and into the cell in order for the thyroid to work. On the other hand, too much cortisol can actually block the passage of thyroid into the cell. This means that before we can get thyroid hormones functioning properly in the body we may first have to make sure that the adrenal glands are healthy and that cortisol levels are where they should be. This can be done by measuring the cortisol with a salivary hormone test.

*Cortisol and progesterone—Progesterone is the “mother” hormone that is a precursor or building block that can turn into other hormones in the body, such as cortisol, DHEA, testosterone, and estradiol. When the body is under chronic stress too much progesterone may turn into cortisol in order to handle the stress, leaving too little of the progesterone to turn into DHEA, testosterone, and estradiol. This results in tests showing low levels of these hormones and the patient may have symptoms that accompany those low levels. I use the analogy that “mother progesterone” feeds the loudest baby (cortisol), and the other children (DHEA, testosterone, and estradiol) decrease in size because all the attention is being given to cortisol.

Another consideration is that if a person has low progesterone we may supplement it to help relax her so she can sleep better at night—progesterone turns into serotonin and then melatonin, promoting sleep. But if her cortisol is low and if she takes the progesterone at bedtime, the progesterone may turn into cortisol and actually keep her awake. For someone who’s taking progesterone at night and experiencing sleep problems I suggest they take the dose during the day to allow it to properly act in the body before bedtime.

*DHEA and testosterone—In the female body DHEA will turn into testosterone as needed. That’s why when a woman has low testosterone I prefer to give her DHEA instead of supplementing testosterone; this allows the wisdom of her body to turn DHEA into the amount of testosterone it needs. This can prevent the effects of too much testosterone such as facial hair, acne, or male pattern baldness.

Hormonal interactions can also cause a variety of symptoms that can make a proper diagnosis of imbalances a challenge:

*Hot flashes can be a symptom of not enough estrogen; but they can also occur from too much cortisol and/or too much estrogen.

*Chronic low DHEAS and/or testosterone levels may suggest adrenal fatigue, particularly if cortisol is also low and symptoms are indicative of low adrenal function.

Hormones and How They Interact

xetawaves

Really digging progesterone. Libido is way better than it was before and erections are insane. Sometimes I would have a slight pain in my lower left abdomen after ejaculation and I haven't noticed that at all since starting progesterone. Haven't noticed any effects on my hair yet, but I'm sure that's something that will take a bit of time.

Progesterone

Really digging progesterone. Libido is way better than it was before and erections are insane. Sometimes I would have a slight pain in my lower left abdomen after ejaculation and I haven't noticed that at all since starting progesterone. Haven't noticed any effects on my hair yet, but I'm sure that's something that will take a bit of time.

:)

Nice.

FYI... Since I'm using thyroid again. I'm gonna do like 20mg of prog a day, drops put directly on tongue then I'll move it around with ur tongue and gums and whatnot and hold it in my mouth.

It hits you the hardest this way anyway..

brix

Which progesterone product are you using and what dosage? Thanks.

xetawaves

Which progesterone product are you using and what dosage? Thanks.
health natura's simply progesterone. I've only been doing 2 drops a day which comes to 6mg. Will probably up the dosage in the next week or so.

xetawaves

I almost wonder if I've had a progesterone deficiency all these years. The stuff is doing me a lot of good. Like I feel normal again if that makes sense. I've been sleeping like a baby too.

Around 7 years ago, I went through a severe stage of debilitating anxiety and depression. Stayed in bed all day, never ate. It messed me up. I'm pretty sure it was around the same time my hair started to recede. I just wonder if it damaged my body's endocrine system and that's why I've been losing hair all these years. I'm not sure if any of you follow furious pete on youtube, but he said his hair started to recede when he went through his stage of anorexia.

Progesterone

I almost wonder if I've had a progesterone deficiency all these years. The stuff is doing me a lot of good. Like I feel normal again if that makes sense. I've been sleeping like a baby too.

Around 7 years ago, I went through a severe stage of debilitating anxiety and depression. Stayed in bed all day, never ate. It messed me up. I'm pretty sure it was around the same time my hair started to recede. I just wonder if it damaged my body's endocrine system and that's why I've been losing hair all these years. I'm not sure if any of you follow furious pete on youtube, but he said his hair started to recede when he went through his stage of anorexia.

Progesterone helps so much in times of stress... even if you don't realize you are stressed.

I made a post not too long ago, about how I had taken prog after 1-2 months off. I felt OK in that 1-2 months but, when I took the prog, I felt SO damn blissful, so good, so calm, so relaxed, that it should be a friggin script drug almost, lol.

It's good stuff.

I also notice the same thing about erections.

I will mention, there is only one negative thing.. and it is EXTREMELY subtle, and I'm not sure if it's dose-related. You will only notice it most likely AFTER getting off prog.. that's how subtle it is. But penile sensitivity is ever so slightly reduced.

xetawaves

Progesterone helps so much in times of stress... even if you don't realize you are stressed.

I made a post not too long ago, about how I had taken prog after 1-2 months off. I felt OK in that 1-2 months but, when I took the prog, I felt SO damn blissful, so good, so calm, so relaxed, that it should be a friggin script drug almost, lol.

It's good stuff.

I also notice the same thing about erections.

I will mention, there is only one negative thing.. and it is EXTREMELY subtle, and I'm not sure if it's dose-related. You will only notice it most likely AFTER getting off prog.. that's how subtle it is. But penile sensitivity is ever so slightly reduced.

I've noticed a very very very slight decrease in sensitivity. It's almost unnoticeable. At the same time though, I can last longer while having sex which is definitely a plus. Orgasms are also 100x better than they were before prog.

Progesterone

I've noticed a very very very slight decrease in sensitivity. It's almost unnoticeable. At the same time though, I can last longer while having sex which is definitely a plus. Orgasms are also 100x better than they were before prog.

Very interesting. You may be right about the orgasms part.... I don't do that often (I'm weird like that and like to retain it as long as I can).

Will have to look into that...

brix

How do you guys feel about prog/dhea. Trying haiduts cortinon.

It’s the first time I’ve experimented with prog. I’m doing about 3mg of each daily