Scalp Progesterone For Hair Loss Experiment

johnwester130

Ah, interesting. I think that shows how it's really hit and miss, in how progesterone will effect each person. Haidut mentions the potential for progesterone to increase DHT and testosterone; yet as you're mentioning, you're needing too supplement with DHT.

For reference, here's his comment: "Progesterone stimulates the steroid cascade and DHEA will convert further down the pathways. Since progesterone will block/inhibit the estrogen pathways, most of the DHEA will end up as T and DHT".

As Haidut also mentions, maybe it's a dose dependent thing as well...he notes some pretty high doses: "One study showed 30% boost in T in men with low testosterone after taking 200mg micronized progesterone orally for a month. I also posted an animal study showing increases in both T and DHT from human equivalent oral dose of 600mg."

My initial interest in progesterone was to counter hairloss, but since reading that thread by Haidut, about it being androgenic, I was thinking I could kill two birds with one stone: hairloss and raise DHT/Testosterone. If you don't mind sharing, are these your reasons as well?

how are people doing 100mg of progesterone ??

20 drops of progest e ?

a capsule ?? what one ? i have never seen progesterone capsules

Lucas

Hello.

In the label, it only says Progesterone Base Micronized.

These are the pictures of my scalp, combed backward to see the receding hairline. Also, these are the capsules.

Attachments

• 20171217_110852.jpg
    20171217_110852.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 20171217_111035.jpg
    20171217_111035.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 20171219_122305.jpg
    20171219_122305.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 63

Progesterone

Hello.

In the label, it only says Progesterone Base Micronized.

These are the pictures of my scalp, combed backward to see the receding hairline. Also, these are the capsules.

Thank you Lucas!!!

That looks just like a regular capsule, like gelatin.. wtf????

Is it possible progesterone liquid doesn't disintegrate the gelatin capsule?

xetawaves

I assume that it works like finasteride. For some people it thickens up their hair and for others it completely decimates it. I'd like to give it a shot, but I'm too scared I'd be the latter.

Progesterone

I assume that it works like finasteride. For some people it thickens up their hair and for others it completely decimates it. I'd like to give it a shot, but I'm too scared I'd be the latter.

I think so too....

Sex/Masturb isn't as pleasurable ON prog.. VS OFF prog... but the difference is only really noticeable once you come off of it (I've heard this said about fin countless times).

Does not hurt erections just sensitivity is down a tiny tiny bit. You probably won't notice it unless you're on for awhile, then decide to come off.

Give it a shot.

johnwester130

I am keeping my head shaved so it's hard to tell what difference anything is making.

Ideally, you would take 100mg progesterone with 3mg testosterone or 1mg DHT.

Maybe you could use DHEA instead of testosterone or DHT, but it is less effective.

This will keep your sex drive high and the low dose testosterone won't convert to estrogen (hopefully). Only using progesterone sounds a little risky.

Last edited:

johnwester130

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiH1v-r4JnYAhWI24MKHV28BAkQFggvMAE&url=http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184110-dr-hasson-fut-3-898-grafts-16-05-16-a.html&usg=AOvVaw0ETfgMMMRC0a0UxBfNb_6_

Hopefully that works. I can't access the site now as my work has blocked it.. but..

google 'Tj287 progesterone hairrestorationnetwork"

He's been using 100mg oral progesterone EOD since 2014, stopped his loss and thickened up.

It's not a great testimonial. he had a transplant too, so how would he know if the progesterone worked ??

I think taking progesterone with testosterone would be far more effective.

Progesterone

It's not a great testimonial. he had a transplant too, so how would he know if the progesterone worked ??

I think taking progesterone with testosterone would be far more effective.

Is this a serious question?

Look at this before pictures. He must have had pretty aggressive hairloss to have receded like that. The prog stopped his recession, thickened the rest of his hair, then transplant after he was on prog for 2yrs+ to fix his hair.

xetawaves

Yea, the progesterone clearly thickened his hair, but it's a shame that it does the complete opposite for some people. It's a coin flip just like finasteride.

xetawaves

Everyone on this forum raved about red light for hair loss and it destroyed my hair. It increased my shedding a lot and I thought that it was the "hair shed so stronger hairs could take their place" bs, but they never grew back. Not saying it's the same with progesterone by any means, but I'm just skeptical.

Progesterone

Everyone on this forum raved about red light for hair loss and it destroyed my hair. It increased my shedding a lot and I thought that it was the "hair shed so stronger hairs could take their place" bs, but they never grew back. Not saying it's the same with progesterone by any means, but I'm just skeptical.

Interesting, which device?

I have a 400 diode helmet from OMG.

Never use it anymore.

xetawaves

Interesting, which device?

I have a 400 diode helmet from OMG.

Never use it anymore.

It's the larger light from redlightman. Using it got rid of itch and warmed my scalp up and gave me the sense of increased circulation, but it did absolutely nothing positive for my hair.

Progesterone

For the record, I'm not saying increased shedding is good, or anything.

You can try prog... and see if you get shedding.... I don't. If you do, just stop.

It's very low risk, high reward.

I have a buddy from Sweden, and he gets NIPPLE PAIN from oral prog 100mg?????? such a weird reaction considering prog should oppose estrogen. I don't get any weird side effects like that...

Progesterone

The way I look at prog is...

There's no way in hell I'm touching finasteride... so the main building block of finasteride "natural progesterone" is a nice alternative, and no PFS. :)

xetawaves

For the record, I'm not saying increased shedding is good, or anything.

You can try prog... and see if you get shedding.... I don't. If you do, just stop.

It's very low risk, high reward.

I have a buddy from Sweden, and he gets NIPPLE PAIN from oral prog 100mg?????? such a weird reaction considering prog should oppose estrogen. I don't get any weird side effects like that...

I'm still on the fence about trying it. I'm currently sitting on the line between keeping hair and buzzing it, and I'm afraid to try anything else really. It seems the only thing that benefits my hair in any way is getting rid of stress. Cortisol is clearly at play when it comes to hair loss.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals