Scalp Progesterone For Hair Loss Experiment

Iron Man

I think I have finally had a win... Earlier in the day, I got a temp reading of 98.3
This was done after midday. My next temp check will be done when I wake up in the morning...

Scenes

@JonnyCraig
Any of you tried Tocovit? I added it about a month ago and my hair just doesn’t seem to shed much anymore...hardly any in the shower or when styling, and only the occasional hair when I run my hands through it.

Hair looks thicker and healthier. I think it’s mostly coz of its anti-estrogenic effect as my junk just looks better and hangs lower as well.

Hasn’t seemed to make a difference to anything else in terms of metabolism or temps that I’ve noticed.

xetawaves

Thats good to hear, every better day here and there is a good thing. Progesterone does support thyroid function and supports cortisol production which is a major stress buffer. If you feel good on it, thats great.

Stay diligent on nutrition and calories, keeping on with sunlight. Im really behind the idea of mineral flux and fat solubles. I feel crappy after eating pufa but if you read my posts instinctively even before my health took a dive I preferred to use sat fats. I think a healthy body can deal with a little, chronic exposure and consumption is bad. All this stuff should seem reasonable.

As far as aspirin, I just dont know. I only use maybe 81mg or 162mg at a time and I tend to do it randomly maybe once or twice a week. Or ill use it for a headache with a coffee. Ive had it do nothing for temps, but once in a while I will wake up drenched from a nap. If you think it helps, see if you can get the same effects from less dosing, maybe 81 or like a quarter of your 325mg tabs.

Not a dumb question at all, to increase the call for thyroid, you want to be creating C02, so walking with really controlled breathing is good, you want to continue with sunlight as it is an uncoupler. Keeping liver clean or getting it healthy helps with body cleaning and conversion and creation. You want to make sure when the call is made for thyroid to be the "gas pedal" that it is, that your nutritional reserves are there supporting the millions of processes that take place when thyroid is present. Thats why food is so ultra important especially versus an isolated supplement. Thats why people have bad reactions from thyroid sometimes too - gas pedal with no control over throttle position means out of control.

The big thing is keeping in your head what our bodies see as a "stress" - as a small set of examples are things like uncontrolled or low blood sugar, long periods of intense exercise, crappy food irritating the piss out of our GI tracts, falling body temps etc etc. Basically we are trying to teach the body that its OK to save the stress responses for real stress, not minor ones.

Keep in mind ive been at this for 2 years, I just slowly added in a supplemental t3, like 3mcg total per day right now spread out.

The big thing is trusting that for months your nutrition is on point, if its not then I would certainly think twice about thyroid. If you have been great about it(really, use cronometer) and you start deliberately slow you should be able to tell by how "present" you are and your temps.

I really appreciate your help.

I've seen some of your other posts, and you seem to know quite a bit about gut health. I'm not sure what's going on with mine right now, maybe you can help me. I created a thread explaining what's going on in the digestion section.

xetawaves

So I read that high dht can cause sleep apnea in males. In the past I've had episodes of sleep apnea (I think). I would wake up and gasp for air, it was always as I was falling asleep. I breath very very shallow when I sleep. I take shallow breaths generally, even when I'm working. @Luckytype you said it's important to get CO2 up. Check this out.

Testosterone Conversion Blockade Increases Breathing Stability in Healthy Men during NREM Sleep

Interesting because I've read a few accounts of people fixing their dermatitis symptoms and hair fall with breathing exercises.

Last edited:

Progesterone

So I was read that high dht can cause sleep apnea in males. In the past I've had episodes of sleep apnea (I think). I would wake up and gasp for air, it was always as I was falling asleep. I breath very very shallow when I sleep. I take shallow breaths generally, even when I'm working. @Luckytype you said it's important to get CO2 up. Check this out.

Testosterone Conversion Blockade Increases Breathing Stability in Healthy Men during NREM Sleep

Interesting because I've read a few accounts of people fixing their dermatitis symptoms and hair fall with breathing exercises.

Check this out on ORAL VS TOPICAL Progesterone.

Those 90% metabolites may be the actual KEY and not the 10% of progesterone that is absorbed!

This is kind of what I've been trying to tell you...

Oral Versus Topical Progesterone

John Lee, M.D. prefers to use topical progesterone. He points out that Mother Nature never puts progesterone in the stomach. The reason why is once the progesterone goes into the stomach liver first pass metabolizes progesterone by 90%. So, if you take a progesterone pill that is 200 mg, your body only gets 20 mg of that.

In contrast, if you put 20 mg of topical progesterone on the skin, the progesterone goes straight into the body and is not first pass metabolized by the liver. John Lee M.D. found that if the progesterone cream had mineral oil in it, the progesterone would be blocked by the mineral oil and the progesterone would not be absorbed.

I do not know exactly what the 90% metabolites of the progesterone does. However, I know that it makes my patients very sleepy. I had one patient that was taking 400 mg per day of progesterone orally to prevent miscarriage. She took the 400 mg of progesterone pills, and then traveled to Walmart by car. She was so sleepy at Walmart that she had to ask her husband to drive her back home. She was too sleepy to drive because of the metabolites created by taking 400 mg of progesterone by mouth. In contrast, 40 mg of topical progesterone, the same potency as 400 mg orally, will just make you a little sleepy. My patients usually like to take the progesterone just before they go to bed as it induces a very nice sleep.

https://clearwoman.com/natural-progesterone/oral-vs-topical-vs-vaginal-vs-rectal/

xetawaves

Check this out on ORAL VS TOPICAL Progesterone.

Those 90% metabolites may be the actual KEY and not the 10% of progesterone that is absorbed!

This is kind of what I've been trying to tell you...

Oral Versus Topical Progesterone

John Lee, M.D. prefers to use topical progesterone. He points out that Mother Nature never puts progesterone in the stomach. The reason why is once the progesterone goes into the stomach liver first pass metabolizes progesterone by 90%. So, if you take a progesterone pill that is 200 mg, your body only gets 20 mg of that.

In contrast, if you put 20 mg of topical progesterone on the skin, the progesterone goes straight into the body and is not first pass metabolized by the liver. John Lee M.D. found that if the progesterone cream had mineral oil in it, the progesterone would be blocked by the mineral oil and the progesterone would not be absorbed.

I do not know exactly what the 90% metabolites of the progesterone does. However, I know that it makes my patients very sleepy. I had one patient that was taking 400 mg per day of progesterone orally to prevent miscarriage. She took the 400 mg of progesterone pills, and then traveled to Walmart by car. She was so sleepy at Walmart that she had to ask her husband to drive her back home. She was too sleepy to drive because of the metabolites created by taking 400 mg of progesterone by mouth. In contrast, 40 mg of topical progesterone, the same potency as 400 mg orally, will just make you a little sleepy. My patients usually like to take the progesterone just before they go to bed as it induces a very nice sleep.

https://clearwoman.com/natural-progesterone/oral-vs-topical-vs-vaginal-vs-rectal/

how's your hair so far on oral progesterone? Have you tried it orally before or just topically? I'm still on the fence about trying it orally.

Progesterone

how's your hair so far on oral progesterone? Have you tried it orally before or just topically? I'm still on the fence about trying it orally.

I've never tried the true oral version of it... The real version is a Micronized Progesterone POWDER, with NO vit-e.

I put the prog oil from health natura in a capsule and swallow... but this almost surely gets dissolved before reaching my liver, then gets absorbed in stomach fully due to the vitamin e...

I am going to a Doctor very soon (by this Saturday, at the LATEST!) to get it prescribed for myself.

ORAL VS TOPICAL is very much different.

Check this out for more proof:

https://www.judytsafrirmd.com/the-power-of-bio-identical-progesterone/

Apparently the metabolites that get broken down via liver (90%) play a huge part.

"Switch to a progesterone transdermal cream. Some people just cannot handle the oral route and the sleepiness. You do not have that problem with a cream."

"Hi, would love some insight! I’m two years postmenopausal, and started four months ago on .050 estradiol patch and 100 mg transdermal progesterone cream, continuous. (To help with hot flashes, vaginal atrophy, bone density, cognition.) Had blood levels checked, and doc wanted progesterone higher and switched me to 100 mg oral micronized progesterone, continuous. It makes me feel horrible. Anxious and heavy-chested and simultaneously groggy/dizzy, and overgroggy and dizzy well into the next day. Sleep has gotten terrible. For two nights, when I needed to be able to drive in the middle of the night if needed, I went back to the transdermal cream (because it only made me feel mildly drowsy rather than konked over the head and heart-attacky).

"I have been using bio-identical progesterone for more than a year now, and I can tell you: It DOES help against anxiety!
I started with 100mg on days 26-26. I am very sensitive to hormones, and progesterone makes me very sleepy. Even my heartbeat would skip beats sometimes (anyone else has this from progesterone?).
I went down to 50mg of progesterone, to leave the good and take away the bad of it. It also reduces hair fall.
Btw, I have tried bio-identical creams but they do not work for me."

Iron Man

@JonnyCraig
Any of you tried Tocovit? I added it about a month ago and my hair just doesn’t seem to shed much anymore...hardly any in the shower or when styling, and only the occasional hair when I run my hands through it.
I have used this for a few years. I was taking it with Vit K, but read on here somewhere to take these two supplements at different times.

Progesterone

I was wondering if you'd be successful. It's hard enough for women to get it so I imagine you didn't stand much of a chance.

The doctor really was, a horrible, horrible, misinformed person. Typical doc who only knows of big pharma drugs and not much else.

He thought I was crazy for ever taking a 'female hormone'.

I talked to him a bit, tried to get some blood tests, thyroid, etc.. he ONLY does TSH+T4, that's it. I said why not T3, RT3,etc, all at once? he said no, only TSH+T4 and then go from there. He also believes in T4 therapy only, etc... typical dumb doctor.

I could not bare to tell him it was for hairloss, considering he was bald as a freakin doorknob.. lol

meatbag

The doctor really was, a horrible, horrible, misinformed person. Typical doc who only knows of big pharma drugs and not much else.

He thought I was crazy for ever taking a 'female hormone'.

I talked to him a bit, tried to get some blood tests, thyroid, etc.. he ONLY does TSH+T4, that's it. I said why not T3, RT3,etc, all at once? he said no, only TSH+T4 and then go from there. He also believes in T4 therapy only, etc... typical dumb doctor.

I could not bare to tell him it was for hairloss, considering he was bald as a freakin doorknob.. lol

I bet if you told him you keep having frequent urination problems he would have no problems inject plastic microparticles into your prostate though:smug :lol:
(i only laf to keep from crying )

Luckytype

I was wondering if you'd be successful. It's hard enough for women to get it so I imagine you didn't stand much of a chance.

Its funny you mention this @Blossom. When you propose the typical symptoms of low thyroid function to the "usual"doc. You list them out one at a time, libido, poor energy, crappy skin, sleep quality, hair loss etc. and then ask them if it was a woman "youd expect either depression or a thyroid issue, correct?" The answer is usually a yes. You ask them about a man, in my area they always just say depression.

Literally we paint the picture, they confirm the picture then magically its something different because hair is such a defining part to women.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals