Scalp Progesterone For Hair Loss Experiment

Progesterone

Oh, ok, so, you've maintained your beard. Good news.

Wow, 100mg? For some reason, I thought much less could be taken. Well, even so, the quote from haidut that I referenced, he noted that DHEA taken with prog. could be pro T/DHT--meaning maybe the libido issues could be alleviated, while you still help the hair. I'll have to try something and report back.

I have zero libido issues at 100mg of oral prog taken daily.

There's a VERY slight reduction in orgasm/sex/masturbation sensation that you would only notice after you get OFF of prog.... it's subtle as hell.

Mossy

I have zero libido issues at 100mg of oral prog taken daily.

There's a VERY slight reduction in orgasm/sex/masturbation sensation that you would only notice after you get OFF of prog.... it's subtle as hell.
Hmm, ok. So, is this reduction in sensation just the body returning to normal and not necessarily a diminishing of healthy/proper sexual function caused by prog? Meaning, prog didn't cause a sub-par sexual function, but actually boosted it to above normal while on it? Hope this makes sense.

Progesterone

Hmm, ok. So, is this reduction in sensation just the body returning to normal and not necessarily a diminishing of healthy/proper sexual function caused by prog? Meaning, prog didn't cause a sub-par sexual function, but actually boosted it to above normal while on it? Hope this makes sense.

You won't notice a thing while on it, tbh.

You may possibly last a bit longer in bed. Your erections may also possibly be harder/stay harder for longer, it's just sensation may be down a bit but you will NOT notice unless you get off it, and even then it's subtle.... This may or may not happen to you though too.

I think it's due to it's 5-ar inhibition properties (which is good for hair).

No, it does not cause sub-par sexual function for me. If anything it's boosted, or the same.

If I were you... I would use it orally... 100mg. Because that is proven to work (tested by this guy TJ). He also had a buddy get on it and same results.

Never seen it work for anyone else like that.... what's the difference? no one else is using 100mg orally, as far as I know. Everyone else is taking baby dosages. Wray on progesterone therapy website says when you take a low dosage, it increases estrogen/etc instead of blocking it.. this may or may not be true, but could be why you need more than advertised.

Mossy

You won't notice a thing while on it, tbh.

You may possibly last a bit longer in bed. Your erections may also possibly be harder/stay harder for longer, it's just sensation may be down a bit but you will NOT notice unless you get off it, and even then it's subtle.... This may or may not happen to you though too.

I think it's due to it's 5-ar inhibition properties (which is good for hair).

No, it does not cause sub-par sexual function for me. If anything it's boosted, or the same.

If I were you... I would use it orally... 100mg. Because that is proven to work (tested by this guy TJ). He also had a buddy get on it and same results.

Never seen it work for anyone else like that.... what's the difference? no one else is using 100mg orally, as far as I know. Everyone else is taking baby dosages. Wray on progesterone therapy website says when you take a low dosage, it increases estrogen/etc instead of blocking it.. this may or may not be true, but could be why you need more than advertised.
Ok, thanks for all the detail.

I'm still pondering it, but it's definitely something I may try. I am ultra sensitive to most supplements, so it will have to be a period where I feel up to it.

It will be interesting to see how you do on it.

Progesterone

Ok, thanks for all the detail.

I'm still pondering it, but it's definitely something I may try. I am ultra sensitive to most supplements, so it will have to be a period where I feel up to it.

It will be interesting to see how you do on it.

Dude I was already on it for 7 months.

Just try it.

I will say this....

I stopped it for 1-2 months, then the first night I decided to get back on (loss was coming back/coming on) I took 100mg orally, not too long after... felt AMAZING. STRESS MELTED AWAY. Literally felt like in a drunken bliss state. Amazing. This effects wears away fast but it's awesome. Use at bedtime.. ;)

Mossy

It won't hinder you from having an epic beard. Trust me, as that is something I am known for.

It's very subtle.

It won't change your beard aesthetically.

I suggest you buy HealthNatura progesterone, and put it into OO size capsules, take at bedtime. Either once daily or once every other day.

There is a guy named TJ who halted his loss completely and thickened up since 2014, using oral prog @ 100mg EOD.
Hey JonnyCraig,

I'm curious as to the reason for putting the progesterone in capsules, versus on the gums or under the tongue. Does it need to get to the gut unaltered/unhindered? Thanks.

Last edited:

Progesterone

Hey Jon

Hey JonnyCraig,

I'm curious as to the reason for putting the progesterone in capsules, versus on the gums or under the tongue. Does it need to get to the gut unaltered/unhindered? Thanks.

There's a guy on another forum.. his dad is a Doctor. He prescribed him 100mg oral Progesterone pills (instead of finasteride) to combat his hair loss. and it worked. Stopped his hairloss and thickened up a bit. He's been using it since 2014 ! and still on it.

As we know... using finasteride topically is not as proven as using it orally. Progesterone is the main building block of finasteride.

It's quite possible Prog is more effective for hair loss when taken internally. At least we can be sure it worked in his case, and I haven't seen any/many success stories from using it topically or putting on gums/directly in mouth.

So I am going with what is proven, and it makes sense...

Mossy

There's a guy on another forum.. his dad is a Doctor. He prescribed him 100mg oral Progesterone pills (instead of finasteride) to combat his hair loss. and it worked. Stopped his hairloss and thickened up a bit. He's been using it since 2014 ! and still on it.

As we know... using finasteride topically is not as proven as using it orally. Progesterone is the main building block of finasteride.

It's quite possible Prog is more effective for hair loss when taken internally. At least we can be sure it worked in his case, and I haven't seen any/many success stories from using it topically or putting on gums/directly in mouth.

So I am going with what is proven, and it makes sense...
Ok, appreciate the detail and reasoning.

Mossy

Ona's Natural 10% Progesterone Oil, 2 oz Eye Dropper

that looks like a good progesterone.

Yes, the low doses stimulate estrogen, so a higher dose is initially needed to start with. 100mg makes sense.

The effects on energy and mood are very noticeable too

Yes, finasteride is made from progesterone,

Hi Johnwester130,

In the video, Danny's comments were that he's not an advocate of men taking progesterone. It sounds like you're taking it--can you speak to why you are and other info you think would help show that's it's pro-male? For starters, it sounds like a higher does prevents estrogen stimulation. Thanks.

johnwester130

Hi Johnwester130,

In the video, Danny's comments were that he's not an advocate of men taking progesterone. It sounds like you're taking it--can you speak to why you are and other info you think would help show that's it's pro-male? For starters, it sounds like a higher does prevents estrogen stimulation. Thanks.

Yes, I am male and take it.

I also take DHT though, so that may offset any negatives.
Ideally it should be taken with DHEA or 3mg of testosterone.

I think it is pro-male,
Progesterone for men

Still Confused, just started Progesterone Cream

Natpro findings, prostatitis and libido

Man on Natural Progesterone Cream 8-10 mg a day

Progesterone boosted my 'Quality of Life'

Progesterone Is Androgenic

Mossy

Yes, I am male and take it.

I also take DHT though, so that may offset any negatives.
Ideally it should be taken with DHEA or 3mg of testosterone.

I think it is pro-male,
Progesterone for men

Still Confused, just started Progesterone Cream

Natpro findings, prostatitis and libido

Man on Natural Progesterone Cream 8-10 mg a day

Progesterone boosted my 'Quality of Life'

Progesterone Is Androgenic
I appreciate the reply. I'll take a look at these. I do remember reading a comment by Haidut were he suggests to take DHEA with it--I think it's from the thread that is last on your link.

johnwester130

I appreciate the reply. I'll take a look at these. I do remember reading a comment by Haidut were he suggests to take DHEA with it--I think it's from the thread that is last on your link.

yep, but that's only because DHEA is legal. Testosterone would be perfect and much better.

Mossy

yep, but that's only because DHEA is legal. Testosterone would be perfect and much better.
Ah, interesting. I think that shows how it's really hit and miss, in how progesterone will effect each person. Haidut mentions the potential for progesterone to increase DHT and testosterone; yet as you're mentioning, you're needing too supplement with DHT.

For reference, here's his comment: "Progesterone stimulates the steroid cascade and DHEA will convert further down the pathways. Since progesterone will block/inhibit the estrogen pathways, most of the DHEA will end up as T and DHT".

As Haidut also mentions, maybe it's a dose dependent thing as well...he notes some pretty high doses: "One study showed 30% boost in T in men with low testosterone after taking 200mg micronized progesterone orally for a month. I also posted an animal study showing increases in both T and DHT from human equivalent oral dose of 600mg."

My initial interest in progesterone was to counter hairloss, but since reading that thread by Haidut, about it being androgenic, I was thinking I could kill two birds with one stone: hairloss and raise DHT/Testosterone. If you don't mind sharing, are these your reasons as well?

Lucas

Hello.

Male, 40 years old. Testosterone is my last blood test was 790.

I began this week taking 100 mg progesterone orally (bioidentical for a compound pharmacy).

So far I am liking it.

In Monday I did my regular strength training workout and fell more strong and calm.

The peace of mind that I fell on it is amazing.

Also, my libido has increased whit it.

I am doing it for hair. I am Norwood II. I have a receding hairline and my crow is began to form a bald spot. I have taken photos of my scalp, so I have the before. Hope for good after’s.

I also take 75 mcg Syntroid and 3 drops of Tyromix each day.

Progesterone

Hello.

Male, 40 years old. Testosterone is my last blood test was 790.

I began this week taking 100 mg progesterone orally (bioidentical for a compound pharmacy).

So far I am liking it.

In Monday I did my regular strength training workout and fell more strong and calm.

The peace of mind that I fell on it is amazing.

Also, my libido has increased whit it.

I am doing it for hair. I am Norwood II. I have a receding hairline and my crow is began to form a bald spot. I have taken photos of my scalp, so I have the before. Hope for good after’s.

I also take 75 mcg Syntroid and 3 drops of Tyromix each day.

Finally someone else on the 100mg oral prog bandwagon ! Thank you!!!!

Please let's keep each other posted at the very least! :)

You may start to notice very subtle change in orgasm/sex/masturbation feeling go slightly down a bit.. but it's something you will maybe only notice once you go OFF progesterone after being on it for awhile. It's no deal breaker by any means. But keep it in mind.

.1 How did you get a compounding pharmacy to make this for you? Is it as simple as giving them a call and requesting it???

2. How long have u been on thyroid meds?

Lucas

Hello.

I starting using high dose progesterone after seeing this thread and after taking photos of my horrible scalp. I am very sensitive for how I look, and since I made 40 years old on the last December 16, I asked myself why not making 2018 the year of progesterone? I have nothing to lose, and after reading about it makes sense why woman don’t go bald as man.

Well, since starting my libido was so great that I …. 3 times!! I do everything for my hair, since in my opinion balding is a symbol of disease, that your body is not health.

1. I from Brazil, so here I get a prescription from an orthomolecular doctor. Since the prescription have no date on it, I can manipulate it forever!!

I am on Thyroid meds for more than a year. I have a problem whit tolerating T3, so I am still working to find my optimal dose. My temperature still not increased (35.9 Celsius at wake up, going up to 36.6 along the day.

Progesterone

Hello.

I starting using high dose progesterone after seeing this thread and after taking photos of my horrible scalp. I am very sensitive for how I look, and since I made 40 years old on the last December 16, I asked myself why not making 2018 the year of progesterone? I have nothing to lose, and after reading about it makes sense why woman don’t go bald as man.

Well, since starting my libido was so great that I …. 3 times!! I do everything for my hair, since in my opinion balding is a symbol of disease, that your body is not health.

1. I from Brazil, so here I get a prescription from an orthomolecular doctor. Since the prescription have no date on it, I can manipulate it forever!!

I am on Thyroid meds for more than a year. I have a problem whit tolerating T3, so I am still working to find my optimal dose. My temperature still not increased (35.9 Celsius at wake up, going up to 36.6 along the day.

Thanks for the quick reply.

My temps are also low. I was taking Tyromix for awhile, but I think it caused more shedding (when I was using in higher dosages, but my temps were good) I may start taking it again though to see... loved how I felt on it.

So you get the progesterone in soft gels? do you know what the capsule is made out of ??? It's not a gelatin capsule I assume?

Lucas

Hello.

I get the progesterone on normal capsules. I take orally before bed.

If you are from USA, look at the Plains tribes of the native Americans (Sioux, Cheyenne, etc.). Had you noted that they don’t go bald and don’t have hair on theirs body? They cannot grow a beard!! Maybe they have a mutation on the DHT, I don’t know, but this is very interesting.

Progesterone

Hello.

I get the progesterone on normal capsules. I take orally before bed.

If you are from USA, look at the Plains tribes of the native Americans (Sioux, Cheyenne, etc.). Had you noted that they don’t go bald and don’t have hair on theirs body? They cannot grow a beard!! Maybe they have a mutation on the DHT, I don’t know, but this is very interesting.

Are these like... Gelatin Capsules, or? Can you please do me a big favor, and find out what the capsules are made out of... very curious.

I am looking to upgrade the capsules I use.

Agreed, that is very interesting.. :)