Scalp Progesterone For Hair Loss Experiment

johnwester130

The only oil that is uncomfortable is castor oil, stuff is so viscous and causes fat pimples if not washed off enough- I hate that stuff. It was so thick they used it during WWII to lubricate the planes. Olive oil and coconut oil feel soothing for me, I have slept with coconut oil and olive oil on my face and hair before- no issues. Oil does not "dissolve" or evaporate, and I know this from personal experience too, I think you are thinking of like a water or alcohol solution where once you apply it, it can dry. Oils don't do that really, you put it on your hair and you wait and hour the oil is still going to be the same texture and consistency really.

I think those are product testimonials, a bit sketchy, but I guess to not totally ignore. You do know the first link you suggest mentions that 8-10mg of progesterone where the person mentioned hair growth (not 100-200mg like you said?), which is almost identical to what I was saying to how the 10mg of DHEA was sufficient enough and falls into line what Peat was saying about being the same ratio 1:1 progesterone:dhea.

........and then the response is

" To overcome this more progesterone is needed, I suggest 100mg/day or more.
I'm delighted that your urinary tract is working and your libido is good, this should occur
."

TubZy

........and then the response is

" To overcome this more progesterone is needed, I suggest 100mg/day or more.
I'm delighted that your urinary tract is working and your libido is good, this should occur
."

I was talking about the first paragraph......

I am a male 63 years old with prostate cancer and I have been on natural progesterone cream, 8-10mg a day, for 2 1/2 months. I exibit slowed beard growth, slight female fat pattern starting in abdomen and thighs, new scalp hair growing in dark brown color at hair line (I have a full head of hair and still do before using progesterone) and formally gray hair is growing in dark also. My libido is intact, urinary tract is working great, no trips to bathroom at night, morning erections are back etc., full urine stream where before it was getting weaker.

Progesterone

Bump.

Anyone currently using progesterone for hair loss besides me?

Using 100mg oral each night (liquid put into capsule and swallowed) and I just added 12mg of progesterone on testicles during the day early morning.

Progesterone

I'd stick to topical's like S5 plus cream, alpecin, revivogen and the like. You could always add on minoxidil.

With all due respect, those are all kind of, garbage options.

and Minoxidil? It inhibits collagen synthesis. Doesn't sound like a great option. There are other caveats to it, as well.

nextjohns

With all due respect, those are all kind of, garbage options.

and Minoxidil? It inhibits collagen synthesis. Doesn't sound like a great option. There are other caveats to it, as well.

Hows the oral prog going? Any side effects? Any skin changes

Cheers :)

Progesterone

Hows the oral prog going? Any side effects? Any skin changes

Cheers :)

I just stopped it.

I am doing 20mg on balls at night, instead.

I don't have the correct progesterone to do oral... (since it has vit e) it likely doesn't get absorbed by liver at all.

No sides, nothing that I can tell... face has no acne though.

I feel like I'm wasting the prog using 100mg per night in this matter so will be using it on testicles now at a much lower dosage.

Mossy

Back on 100mg oral progesterone a night.
Hello,

I would be curious to know if you're still on progesterone, and what your overall results have been. Any hair growth? An negative effects to beard growth? Thanks.

Progesterone

Hello,

I would be curious to know if you're still on progesterone, and what your overall results have been. Any hair growth? An negative effects to beard growth? Thanks.

Hi.

I stopped for 1-2 months, but am back on it as of 4-5 days ago.

Have you tried it?

For hair growth I think it works to hold the hair...

It definitely slows beard growth.

Makes orgasm/masturbation less intense

Mossy

Hi.

I stopped for 1-2 months, but am back on it as of 4-5 days ago.

Have you tried it?

For hair growth I think it works to hold the hair...

It definitely slows beard growth.

Makes orgasm/masturbation less intense
Thanks for sharing.

I haven't tried Progest-E, but I have tried a single small dose (3 mg+-) of Progesta-Care. I felt pretty good on it, but I didn't want to continue after reading some users had it affect their beard growth. Haidut suggests that it a case-by-case situation: "Progesterone and libido - it varies from person to person and it is dose dependent.", which definitely is showing to be true--another forum member said it did not have a negative effect on his beard. Ultimately, I'll have to try it for myself, but I'm not too anxious to lose or hinder my beard growth--I'm currently growing a beard for the first time in my life.

Based on Haidut's comments, it would seem if you balance DHEA with progesterone, it would actually promote beard growth, by promoting DHT; but, maybe I'm over-simplifying or not seeing the whole picture:

"...people that feel libido waning on progesterone - you can take 5mg DHEA with it and this resolve the issue. Progesterone stimulates the steroid cascade and DHEA will convert further down the pathways. Since progesterone will block/inhibit the estrogen pathways, most of the DHEA will end up as T and DHT. Try it out and see for yourselves, but make sure you do blood work too just to make sure."
Progesterone In Men

Last edited:

Mossy

I thought I should offer up, I'm not attempting to derail the thread from scalp to beard; I am interested in progesterone to combat hair-loss, but beard growth I think is relevant enough to the topic to discuss it. Thanks.

Arnold Grape

I'm not sure if this offers any clarity, but I dunked some progest-e into my shampoo on occasion weekly for a bit and it did not seem to improve hair quality but will definitely enter the system via scalp and you will feel the effects of this hormone that way. A few times I may have used more than a drop and achieved the sort of drunk, oft-reported side effect feeling of prog and it was too much for me. Eventually, IME -- I think Prog must have been transferring to stress because I noticed thinning hair which may have reversed when I stopped sublingual and treatment on scalp. Tough to tell if you're supplementing a lot.

Mossy

I'm not sure if this offers any clarity, but I dunked some progest-e into my shampoo on occasion weekly for a bit and it did not seem to improve hair quality but will definitely enter the system via scalp and you will feel the effects of this hormone that way. A few times I may have used more than a drop and achieved the sort of drunk, oft-reported side effect feeling of prog and it was too much for me. Eventually, IME -- I think Prog must have been transferring to stress because I noticed thinning hair which may have reversed when I stopped sublingual and treatment on scalp. Tough to tell if you're supplementing a lot.
Have you ever tried, or do you have any thoughts, about adding DHEA in when taking progesterone? My wishful thinking is that it may be the best of both worlds--hair growth, and pro-libido/DHT/T.

Arnold Grape

^^It's really so tough to tell: My spidey sense in relation to all of this is that there is in fact a genetic disposition for hair problems which is accentuated by environmental factors and that it will be different for everybody to fix and/ or ameliorate. I just started experimenting with Pansterone (low dose Preg/ Dhea) and I think that one dose daily (sublingual) does what I need it to do to fix mood problems and enhance metabolism, with no exact conclusions on what it does for hair. For some reason, I have noticed that the best effects are achieved when experimenting with outside stress-reducing things like lysine and fat soluble drugs like EstroBan (A/D/E/K), but it will screw with my metabolism (appetite loss) and totally mess up my ability to be active (build muscle) and possibly have sex. These things are strong - there's a lot of people around this community (e.g. Roddy) who seem to be able to confound their hair loss, but they look messed up to me and not healthy. Are there people here that think Danny Roddy looks normal, because that's sort of weird to me.

Last edited:

Progesterone

Thanks for sharing.

I haven't tried Progest-E, but I have tried a single small dose (3 mg+-) of Progesta-Care. I felt pretty good on it, but I didn't want to continue after reading some users had it affect their beard growth. Haidut suggests that it a case-by-case situation: "Progesterone and libido - it varies from person to person and it is dose dependent.", which definitely is showing to be true--another forum member said it did not have a negative effect on his beard. Ultimately, I'll have to try it for myself, but I'm not too anxious to lose or hinder my beard growth--I'm currently growing a beard for the first time in my life.

Based on Haidut's comments, it would seem if you balance DHEA with progesterone, it would actually promote beard growth, by promoting DHT; but, maybe I'm over-simplifying or not seeing the whole picture:

"...people that feel libido waning on progesterone - you can take 5mg DHEA with it and this resolve the issue. Progesterone stimulates the steroid cascade and DHEA will convert further down the pathways. Since progesterone will block/inhibit the estrogen pathways, most of the DHEA will end up as T and DHT. Try it out and see for yourselves, but make sure you do blood work too just to make sure."
Progesterone In Men

It won't hinder you from having an epic beard. Trust me, as that is something I am known for.

It's very subtle.

It won't change your beard aesthetically.

I suggest you buy HealthNatura progesterone, and put it into OO size capsules, take at bedtime. Either once daily or once every other day.

There is a guy named TJ who halted his loss completely and thickened up since 2014, using oral prog @ 100mg EOD.

Progesterone

You noticed, thinning hair ON prog?

Interesting.

Are you 100% certain?

Did you noticed increased shedding as well?

Arnold Grape

^^So I used Progest-e @ one drop daily for a period of about three months during which my mood was almost blissful, however, it changed my body in a defacto way. My experience is that it takes a while for it to build up in one's system and then it may convert to stress hormones at some point in time. (There were rare occasions where I took Progest-E at that dose and then noticed temporary ill-moods.) Toward the end of that period of experimentation (3 months), I did notice that my hair looked thinned or receded -- and I definitely cannot report that it helped in a positive way FOR HAIR. There are many other positive effects it did have, which are widely reported elsewhere.

Progesterone

^^So I used Progest-e @ one drop daily for a period of about three months during which my mood was almost blissful, however, it changed my body in a defacto way. My experience is that it takes a while for it to build up in one's system and then it may convert to stress hormones at some point in time. (There were rare occasions where I took Progest-E at that dose and then noticed temporary ill-moods.) Toward the end of that period of experimentation (3 months), I did notice that my hair looked thinned or receded -- and I definitely cannot report that it helped in a positive way FOR HAIR. There are many other positive effects it did have, which are widely reported elsewhere.

Yikes!

That isn't good.

And that's a very small dose.. 3mg! wtf. Dosed in mouth?

I am using 100mg... lol

There's also the belief that a low dosage stimulants oestrogen, while higher dose inhibits...

Mossy

^^It's really so tough to tell: My spidey sense in relation to all of this is that there is in fact a genetic disposition for hair problems which is accentuated by environmental factors and that it will be different for everybody to fix and/ or ameliorate. I just started experimenting with Pansterone (low dose Preg/ Dhea) and I think that one dose daily (sublingual) does what I need it to do to fix mood problems and enhance metabolism, with no exact conclusions on what it does for hair. For some reason, I have noticed that the best effects are achieved when experimenting with outside stress-reducing things like lysine and fat soluble drugs like EstroBan (A/D/E/K), but it will screw with my metabolism (appetite loss) and totally mess up my ability to be active (build muscle) and possibly have sex. These things are strong - there's a lot of people around this community (e.g. Roddy) who seem to be able to confound their hair loss, but they look messed up to me and not healthy. Are there people here that think Danny Roddy looks normal, because that's sort of weird to me.
I'd have to say there is truth to that, the genetic disposition, which I think is evident with ones overall health--some people are just stronger than others. My dad is elderly and cannot relate to me on any level, with regard to health problems, due to his impeccable health his whole life. Even at his old age he doesn't wear glasses, does his own yard work, walks everywhere to do his errands and shopping. But, the one thing he does have is a bald scalp--so, definitely predisposed for hair-loss, or so it would seem.

Yeah, that is the thing, to be able to reverse the hair-loss, but not be messed up. I do take A/D/E/K, but I have to stagger them. The A drys me out majorly, as well does the E, but in addition the E makes me groggy and just feeling sub-optimal. The K hurts my bones.

I did attempt to mimic Pansterone last night, with my own preg and DHEA, as well as adding B6 and mag chloride (topical) and I seem to be ok today. The reason I added the B6 and Mag, was per Haidut's comments.

Lysine really helps with sleep and anxiety for me, but I get a bit of a hangover effect the next day. I feel pretty good for a while, but at some point it hits me. Even when I feel good, my face shows that I'm a bit heavy, so to speak. All-in-all, I never feel better than when I have a good nights rest not taking anything. This is very rare though.

Ultimately, I would like to find a good dose of preg/dhea/prog that would be pro scalp hair, beard hair, and pro T/DHT, to help with overall vigor. Not easy, I know.

Mossy

It won't hinder you from having an epic beard. Trust me, as that is something I am known for.

It's very subtle.

It won't change your beard aesthetically.

I suggest you buy HealthNatura progesterone, and put it into OO size capsules, take at bedtime. Either once daily or once every other day.

There is a guy named TJ who halted his loss completely and thickened up since 2014, using oral prog @ 100mg EOD.
Oh, ok, so, you've maintained your beard. Good news.

Wow, 100mg? For some reason, I thought much less could be taken. Well, even so, the quote from haidut that I referenced, he noted that DHEA taken with prog. could be pro T/DHT--meaning maybe the libido issues could be alleviated, while you still help the hair. I'll have to try something and report back.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals