Scalp Progesterone For Hair Loss Experiment

Progesterone

I don’t mean to come off simple minded lol but when my androgens are high I shed hair. Oily face, more muscle definition, confidence, anger, high libido. When androgens are high, you can feel it. I may give it a shot orally and see what happens.

Also, is anyone else surprised that hormones aren’t more discussed here in regards to hair loss? Men are regrowing all of their hair by transitioning to women. High estrogen and low testosterone seems to grow hair effortlessly. When I was an alcoholic, I never noticed this much hair shed. Alcohol lowers test and raises estrogen.

How long have you been on 100mg oral prog? A week? Give it a bit of time, no?

xetawaves

I don’t take progesterone orally. I’ve been on progesterone for about 3.5 months.

Progesterone

I don’t take progesterone orally. I’ve been on progesterone for about 3.5 months.

Ahhh I see! Thought you were trying the 100mg orally...

I recommend it. 100mg in veggie capsule (more durable than gelatin capsule).

Basically just fill a OO sized capsule.

Waynish

I lost a lot of hair when I removed PUFA. I'm not saying you're wrong, it just didn't work for me, unfortunately.

I didn't read much of this thread, but I think you're issue is due to inflammation. If you use some inflammation reducers like bone broth, cypro, vitamin D, and turmeric - I think you'd find relief.

Progesterone

I had a sports game tonight.

I felt a bit weird playing... I think it's the high dose prog. It probably is lowering T for real, DHT, etc... I felt like this before when I was on high-dose Prog and first started playing. I'm gonna try and fight through it, but it's an odd feeling. Have to force myself to be aggressive.

On the upside, my hair is looking better, hairline is doing better already.

Also, I can literally pull chest hairs out and they will come out.... (sign of lowered DHT?!).

xetawaves

I wonder why progesterone is decreasing dht for you but increasing it for me. It seems like I'm having random surges of dht and my skin gets oily, I break out, and I shed hair.

I went several days without shedding much hair at all and my skin was clear and even had a glow to it, but now I'm back to shedding.

sladerunner69

It does reduce DHT. Look at the links I posted.

My face is clearing up and practically glowing now. If it increased DHT shouldn't I have MORE acne theoretically? (more androgenic)

I had a bit more shedding today, but those days will come and go, plus I didn't wash my hair in maybe 2 weeks..

I was on MSM for a bit, got bad acne (cystic) and thinning hairline.

On Oral Prog, my hair is already looking better.

You're being very simple minded by saying DHT = Libido.

Progesterone reduces erectile dysfunction in sleep-deprived spontaneously hypertensive rats

Does male sexual behavior require progesterone? - ScienceDirect

You are being simple minded by saying that DHT = acne.

No established peater believes that.

Progesterone

I wonder why progesterone is decreasing dht for you but increasing it for me. It seems like I'm having random surges of dht and my skin gets oily, I break out, and I shed hair.

I went several days without shedding much hair at all and my skin was clear and even had a glow to it, but now I'm back to shedding.

I've been trying 12mg of prog put into a veggie cap and swallowed at night for the past couple of days.

12mg is only like 4 drops of the healthnatura prog.

Seeing how this goes.

Because... I noticed a difference when playing sports.... I think it is legit decreasing my Testosterone or something at 100mg/oral.

I think 12mg/oral is fine though.

We shall see, so far so good.

If I wasn't on a sports team, I would still be on 100mg, fyi.

Progesterone

You are being simple minded by saying that DHT = acne.

No established peater believes that.

I don't think that acne = DHT

Acne is quite complex. Even the experts don't know exactly what causes it.

All I know is prog eliminates acne for me.

Not sure exactly why.. I am pretty sure it's not due to INCREASING androgens though.

sladerunner69

I don't think that acne = DHT

Acne is quite complex. Even the experts don't know exactly what causes it.

All I know is prog eliminates acne for me.

Not sure exactly why.. I am pretty sure it's not due to INCREASING androgens though.

It has to do more with androgens being converted to estrogen, and also oils, and dirt in the pores I believe. And who cares if the experts don't understand, so-called experts rarely have a comprehensive understanding on anything and commit fraud in order to maintain an image of authority in order to exert power (this is true with 90% of experts in any given field)

Progesterone

How's it going?

What prog dosage are you taking now?

xetawaves

How's it going?

What prog dosage are you taking now?

Still taking 100mg topically. No hair regrowth but shedding a lot less lately. I've also doubled my daily caloric intake and it seems to be helping as well. I'm pretty sure my hair loss is due to excessive sebum calcifying in my scalp pores. I think that goes for most people with hair loss. If you have excess sebum being made and gravity is constantly pulling it back down into the pores, it will eventually clog and calcify. Progesterone has lowered sebum for me a lot. Apparently finasteride does the same for those that take it. Now I'm just trying to figure out a way that I can remove the sebum plugs from my scalp pores so regrowth can possibly happen. I'm convinced that most cases of hair loss are caused by sebum and nothing else. A lot of people laugh theories like that off, but when giant plugs of hard sebum are stuck to the root end of each hair strand it just makes sense. I can also scrape tons of build up off the top of my scalp. There's more in the thinner areas. The hairs I shed from the sides and back do not have anything stuck to them and there's also no build up there either. So for now, my plan is to keep sebum low with progesterone and nizoral and use apple cider vinegar to help break up what's already calcified. I've also considered shaving my head and using salicylic acid. I suppose the ultimate question is what is causing some people to produce so much sebum. I saw an older woman a few days ago with very thin hair in the front. Her scalp and forehead were both very shiny and covered in sebum. Sebum is drowning our follicles and petrifying them.

Last edited:

Progesterone

+ @Blue09 for awareness. Follow this thread. :)

Thanks for the update @xetawaves. Good to know you're back on 100mg and doing good. Interesting theory and it really doesn't sound so crazy. I wonder if selsun blue would be a better option for the sebum? Also I know exactly what you mean about the hairs coming out that have a build up on them. Sometimes I'll have that, like a white buildup on the hairs. I need to make an effort to wash my hair more often. When I wash often, i.e at least once a week, I shed LESS and I don't have any buildup on the hair/head, or it's lessened a lot.

Good to know you're back on 100mg. I am also back on 100mg (oral, placed into veggie capsule) as of 2 days ago. I was testing the waters with 12mg placed into veggie cap for about a week+. I barely noticed I was even 'on' progesterone at that low a dosage though. My sports are done, so back on 100mg I go. Feeling less stressed and sleeping great again.

I had a haircut recently so I'll be able to monitor hair health much easier going forward.

Progesterone

@xetawaves have you tried applying the prog oil topically on scalp?

I just did this... it's actually not bad!

I feel super sleepy right now though... and I have to go to work. Should have dosed at bedtime.

I think I will be trying this route instead, as it just seems much more direct.

xetawaves

I have longish hair so applying it to the scalp is out of question for me lol I have thought about putting a drop or two on each side of my receding hairline though to see what happens. I dose 3 times throughout the day.
It does make me sleepy and sluggish sometimes, but also very calm. I've had problems with anxiety my entire life and progesterone has basically eradicated general anxiety for me. I've read a few things talking about how chronic anxiety lowers progesterone. I imagine my progesterone was basically tanked before beginning supplementation.

Progesterone

I have longish hair so applying it to the scalp is out of question for me lol I have thought about putting a drop or two on each side of my receding hairline though to see what happens. I dose 3 times throughout the day.
It does make me sleepy and sluggish sometimes, but also very calm. I've had problems with anxiety my entire life and progesterone has basically eradicated general anxiety for me. I've read a few things talking about how chronic anxiety lowers progesterone. I imagine my progesterone was basically tanked before beginning supplementation.

I have long hair, goes down to my shoulders. I just part it and apply where its thinning, easy.

I am gonna switch to using topically (or in mouth) now I think.

I kinda wanna see how topically on scalp works...

Progesterone

Here's some interesting info and maybe reason why we should attempt on scalp:

4. Scalp Injections: Scalp Injections are a localized injection of progesterone to block the DHT that shrink the hair follicles, which causes the hair to get thinner. Once the DHT is blocked, the hair follicle stops shrinking and often starts regrowing. Typically, scalp injections are recommended every 1-3 months. Although this therapy is not yet 100% accepted in the medical community, I have been using it for over 20 years and have seen much success.

source: https://www.skintour.com/body-focus/hair-loss/hair-loss-treatments-causes/

Progesterone

I've stopped Prog completely.. just to test it out.

Talked with Snowybelle (a member on here, female) who's hairloss was caused by prog, and stopped after going off prog.

Just want to see what happens..

I've been off Prog for maybe 4 days now. I also stopped all stimulants at the same time (should help with hair). No more caffeine, and no more occasional ephedrine hcl.

Main thing I notice so far off prog: Erections are wayyyyyyy down... wtf????????? Libido is down as well. I don't feel as confident either...

xetawaves

I've stopped Prog completely.. just to test it out.

Talked with Snowybelle (a member on here, female) who's hairloss was caused by prog, and stopped after going off prog.

Just want to see what happens..

I've been off Prog for maybe 4 days now. I also stopped all stimulants at the same time (should help with hair). No more caffeine, and no more occasional ephedrine hcl.

Main thing I notice so far off prog: Erections are wayyyyyyy down... wtf????????? Libido is down as well. I don't feel as confident either...

Progesterone supplementation is different with women. I'm not sure why. Progesterone can cause hair loss in both men and women, but it's more common in women from what I've researched. If it wasn't causing you to lose hair, I would keep at it and stick with the dosage that worked for you. There is also always the possibility that a shed can be a regrowth shed.

johnwester130

I'm not sure why you're feeling the effects more from taking it orally.
https://clearwoman.com/natural-progesterone/oral-vs-topical-vs-vaginal-vs-rectal/

Anyways, I upped my dose to 100mg and my acne is also clearing up. I've only had a single small pimple pop up since I upped the dosage. My shedding has also been reduced a lot. It seems like 100mg is the sweet spot. I'm sleepy a lot more now though and have trouble waking up in the mornings, but my mood throughout the day is great. I stay very calm. No reduction in libido either. Sex is actually a lot better now and orgasms are brainmelting lol

take it through the gums ?? that is topical