Scalp Progesterone For Hair Loss Experiment

Progesterone

Yea, healthnatura. Are there any differences in taking it orally vs topically? I think I remember reading somewhere that the body metabolizes more of it when used topically but I don't think there was any evidence.
I bought some diatomaceous earth and plan on adding it to my regimen soon.

Careful with that stuff, I heard it was hard on the body, and that bamboo is a much better way to get silica.

Yes apparently taking it orally is different. The problem is... since I am putting the oil into a capsule, it comes apart in the stomach anyway, so I'm not sure how much I am actually getting 'orally' if any.

I do notice I feel it more taken this way though. I will wake up feeling a slight hungover feeling of sorts.

Progesterone

Chronically High Progesterone

Thought this was interesting:

Progesterone has it's benefits in the male endocrine system, but abnormally elevated levels can cripple libido. It's inhibits testosterone secretion and 5-ar conversion.

My serum progesterone has been tested double the highest range following use of finasteride. I suspect inhibiting DHT caused it to spiral upwards without opposition, and it since hasn't normalised. My estradiol is ideal.

@Joeyd

Progesterone

Another interesting article:

Progesterone cream lowered DHT (only 15mg in cream) - To be fair, it also increased E2 it seems.

Question - Progesterone cream, high DHT, dry skin & joints

At its worst, my doctor prescribed progesterone cream to lower the DHT. It lowered my DHT from 126 to 66. My skin and joint problems improved, but my E2 levels also increased. I’ve increased my Arimidex to lower my E2, and my dry skin and joint problems have come back, so I don’t know that lowering my DHT with the progesterone cream has really helped anything.

ddjd

Chronically High Progesterone

Thought this was interesting:

Progesterone has it's benefits in the male endocrine system, but abnormally elevated levels can cripple libido. It's inhibits testosterone secretion and 5-ar conversion.

My serum progesterone has been tested double the highest range following use of finasteride. I suspect inhibiting DHT caused it to spiral upwards without opposition, and it since hasn't normalised. My estradiol is ideal.

@Joeyd
That's weird. So Progesterone increased after finasteride??

Progesterone

Hi All,

I really recommend whoever is using Progesterone, to do a trial run of using 100mg or so placed into a capsule then swallowed.

It works MUCH better this way for me than using it topically or drops placed in mouth.

Within 5-6 days of going back to using this method... my painful cystic acne (thanks to MSM, which I am no longer using) is clearing up finally in extremely rapid fashion. Not only that, face itself is looking much better, and someone once said... they believe prog makes them more 'attractive'... I am noticing that already. This last claim sounds crazy, I realize that, and I'm not sure why, but it is what it is! Skin looks terrific, and perhaps it's moving water weight away from key areas enhancing some of my features? Who knows, but all I know is it's legit.

Shedding of my hair is wayyyyy down, too.

I am staying on this.

FYI I am using HealthNatura Progesterone, placed into size OO capsule, taken at bedtime.

Progesterone

Just another update on using HealthNatura Progesterone 100mg in OO capsule...

My face is looking amazing. This giant cystic acne I had is all smoothed over and flat now, healing fast.

Does anyone else notice it really helps to destroy acne?

xetawaves

I'm not sure why you're feeling the effects more from taking it orally.
https://clearwoman.com/natural-progesterone/oral-vs-topical-vs-vaginal-vs-rectal/

Anyways, I upped my dose to 100mg and my acne is also clearing up. I've only had a single small pimple pop up since I upped the dosage. My shedding has also been reduced a lot. It seems like 100mg is the sweet spot. I'm sleepy a lot more now though and have trouble waking up in the mornings, but my mood throughout the day is great. I stay very calm. No reduction in libido either. Sex is actually a lot better now and orgasms are brainmelting lol

Progesterone

I'm not sure why you're feeling the effects more from taking it orally.
https://clearwoman.com/natural-progesterone/oral-vs-topical-vs-vaginal-vs-rectal/

Anyways, I upped my dose to 100mg and my acne is also clearing up. I've only had a single small pimple pop up since I upped the dosage. My shedding has also been reduced a lot. It seems like 100mg is the sweet spot. I'm sleepy a lot more now though and have trouble waking up in the mornings, but my mood throughout the day is great. I stay very calm. No reduction in libido either. Sex is actually a lot better now and orgasms are brainmelting lol

Very happy to hear this! Thanks for trying it out!

Yeah, I love it for sleep actually. I can go back to sleep easier in the mornings. It is a bit harder to wake up I agree. I spoke about this side effect before, interesting you notice it too. If I was just to dose the drops on my tongue.. it's not the same, I don't get that same feeling.

My mood is also much better throughout the day! Perhaps it's just cause my face is looking soo much better, and I'm shedding less hair (so I feel more optimistic for the future) but I definitely am in a better mood overall.

My libido is also up.

What kind of capsule are you using for the Progesterone? I would recommend to use veggie capsules and NOT gelatin capsules, because gelatin tends to break down faster.

EDIT: One thing I would like to add is, I was playing a hockey game, and I was more aggressive than usual. I am a physical player as it is, but this big guy hit me and I literally yelled 'OH YEAH U WANNA EFFING HIT ME?!?' as I charged at him. I also was out-muscling other guys with ease. I am just adding this info to note that it doesn't seem our Testosterone is being lowered! If it is, whatever is going on, is working well, so far.

EDIT 2: YES, this is highly interesting. "I do not know exactly what the 90% metabolites of the progesterone does. However, I know that it makes my patients very sleepy. I had one patient that was taking 400 mg per day of progesterone orally to prevent miscarriage. She took the 400 mg of progesterone pills, and then traveled to Walmart by car. She was so sleepy at Walmart that she had to ask her husband to drive her back home. She was too sleepy to drive because of the metabolites created by taking 400 mg of progesterone by mouth. In contrast, 40 mg of topical progesterone, the same potency as 400 mg orally, will just make you a little sleepy."

^^Don't forget the guy who stopped his hairloss and grew in thicker, is using 100mg oral progesterone. It seems those 90% metabolites offer slightly different effects than using it topically or sub. So far, all the side effects are positive.

Last edited:

lampofred

I recently came across an interview in which Peat said a man should not take more than 2-3mg of progesterone (so basically one drop of Health Natura) a day because any more than that will castrate you. He doesn't seem to recommend progesterone for men at all, especially not for baldness. If you can take more than that and not feel anything, your cortisol and estrogen are way too high, and there are more fundamental things in your body that need to be fixed (thyroid/diet/endotoxin) rather than specifically progesterone production.

meatbag

I recently came across an interview in which Peat said a man should not take more than 2-3mg of progesterone (so basically one drop of Health Natura) a day because any more than that will castrate you. He doesn't seem to recommend progesterone for men at all, especially not for baldness. If you can take more than that and not feel anything, your cortisol and estrogen are way too high, and there are more fundamental things in your body that need to be fixed (thyroid/diet/endotoxin) rather than specifically progesterone production.

I'm not sure that's right. I'm fairly certain I've heard Peat say in interviews he uses up to 3 drops with no problems and that more than that just causes a cold shower effect and inhibits beard growth and that goes away a few days after stopping. I think he specifically has suggested using progesterone topically to people with hairloss and I know he recommended more to me for brain injury issues. He also said that a person he used to know that was an ex-alcoholic would use huge amounts of it with no side-effects.

lampofred

I'm not sure that's right. I'm fairly certain I've heard Peat say in interviews he uses up to 3 drops with no problems and that more than that just causes a cold shower effect and inhibits beard growth and that goes away a few days after stopping. I think he specifically has suggested using progesterone topically to people with hairloss and I know he recommended more to me for brain injury issues. He also said that a person he used to know that was an ex-alcoholic would use huge amounts of it with no side-effects.

Maybe he has changed his position throughout various interviews, but in the interview transcript that I was reading, he explicitly says that progesterone does help MPB but that he does not recommend it for MPB because of its anti-testosterone effect. He said at above 2-3 mg it will castrate men, but the "castration" is very temporary like you said. He also does recommend prog for men for major issues like arthritis, epilepsy, brain trauma, etc. but not just for MPB. Again though, this was a pretty old interview, and he might have changed his position over the years.

But I still think he would say that if a male can take 100 mg of progesterone without losing sexual function, estrogen/cortisol are probably sky high. The higher your estrogen and cortisol, the more progesterone you can take without negative affects. And if you fix those at the root (endotoxin/low protein/not enough thyroid), MPB will go away. Progesterone would just be a bandaid in such a situation.

xetawaves

I don't have any symptoms of high estrogen or cortisol. I had high cortisol for years so I know how my body feels when it gets high. I feel better than I have in a long time. I'm calmer and in a great mood almost all the time, my brain is sharper, sex is incredible, I'm sleeping like a baby every night, and I'm losing a lot less hair. It even completely cured my enlarged prostate from the first dose. I don't have any plans to stop taking progesterone.

Progesterone

I don't have any symptoms of high estrogen or cortisol. I had high cortisol for years so I know how my body feels when it gets high. I feel better than I have in a long time. I'm calmer and in a great mood almost all the time, my brain is sharper, sex is incredible, I'm sleeping like a baby every night, and I'm losing a lot less hair. It even completely cured my enlarged prostate from the first dose. I don't have any plans to stop taking progesterone.

Really happy someone else is trying this and having good success like I am :)

Make sure you keep up on your sodium intake. Prog depletes sodium. You may have noticed you're craving salt more..

I recommend V8 vegetable juice.. lots of sodium in a single cup, lots of potassium too. Of course just adding extra salt to your food as well.

Things like pickled beets, olives, etc, are more tempting than usual, too.

sladerunner69

Bump.

Anyone currently using progesterone for hair loss besides me?

Using 100mg oral each night (liquid put into capsule and swallowed) and I just added 12mg of progesterone on testicles during the day early morning.

That's a real big dose, how are you feeling? Is your libido down? feeling lazy? These are the problems I typically encounter with progesterone.

Progesterone

That's a real big dose, how are you feeling? Is your libido down? feeling lazy? These are the problems I typically encounter with progesterone.

Feeling great.. libido is great.

Acne clearing up. Hair looking better and better.

Check this thread for more info.

xetawaves

Shedding has picked back up to where it was before starting progesterone. Progesterone has done great things for me, but I'm just not sure that it's a very promising hair loss treatment. My libido was very high the past few days and my shedding increased. Why do people say that progesterone lowers dht when it's clearly raising it? Isn't DHT directly responsible for libido? How can some people kill their libido with progesterone and then others raise it?

Why am I having random spikes of high libido? I'm considering dropping my dosage substantially, but even at a low dose it seemed very androgenic for me.

Progesterone

Shedding has picked back up to where it was before starting progesterone. Progesterone has done great things for me, but I'm just not sure that it's a very promising hair loss treatment. My libido was very high the past few days and my shedding increased. Why do people say that progesterone lowers dht when it's clearly raising it? Isn't DHT directly responsible for libido? How can some people kill their libido with progesterone and then others raise it?

Why am I having random spikes of high libido? I'm considering dropping my dosage substantially, but even at a low dose it seemed very androgenic for me.

It does reduce DHT. Look at the links I posted.

My face is clearing up and practically glowing now. If it increased DHT shouldn't I have MORE acne theoretically? (more androgenic)

I had a bit more shedding today, but those days will come and go, plus I didn't wash my hair in maybe 2 weeks..

I was on MSM for a bit, got bad acne (cystic) and thinning hairline.

On Oral Prog, my hair is already looking better.

You're being very simple minded by saying DHT = Libido.

Progesterone reduces erectile dysfunction in sleep-deprived spontaneously hypertensive rats

Does male sexual behavior require progesterone? - ScienceDirect

xetawaves

I don’t mean to come off simple minded lol but when my androgens are high I shed hair. Oily face, more muscle definition, confidence, anger, high libido. When androgens are high, you can feel it. I may give it a shot orally and see what happens.

Also, is anyone else surprised that hormones aren’t more discussed here in regards to hair loss? Men are regrowing all of their hair by transitioning to women. High estrogen and low testosterone seems to grow hair effortlessly. When I was an alcoholic, I never noticed this much hair shed. Alcohol lowers test and raises estrogen. When I sobered up and quit drinking completely, I lost so much hair.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals