Scalp Progesterone For Hair Loss Experiment

schultz

You're correct.

Hence why I am not buying the hype that dairy is so disastrous for hair.

How's your hair doing btw sir? What are you using currently?

Ray still has a pretty good head of hair and he drank a gallon of milk per day for like 35 years. Now I think he only drinks 2-3 litres. I average 2-3 litres a day (for the last 7 years) and have zero hair loss.

ShotTrue

Ray still has a pretty good head of hair and he drank a gallon of milk per day for like 35 years. Now I think he only drinks 2-3 litres. I average 2-3 litres a day (for the last 7 years) and have zero hair loss.
:thumbleft

OP
S

Sheik

Ultimately it doesn't seem there are many options. The anti stress route is difficult and may only work to a certain extent. The anti androgen route is effective but very risky.

Ray said that high doses of progesterone will suppress testosterone. This seems better than certain other methods of reducing androgens, though I've never seemed to find out what that dose is.

Progesterone

I went back to using oral prog @ 100mg/day.

Stopped though after a month...

I noticed, sides of head thinning, and more shedding.

On bi-estro cream now, apply just a bit, nightly, to hairline.

So far so good.

PhilParma

Going low sulphur is worth a try.
Why do you say that?

Whenever I've tried applying sulfur compounds (MSM, epsom salts) topically to the scalp, I've experienced substantial shedding. So there might be something to avoiding sulfur, although Mr. Elephanto said that sulfur is good for the hair...

johnwester130

Much better would be dhea and progesterone on the scalp

Here's an idea :

onasnatural 56ml prog cream (without almond oil)

contain 5.5 grams of prog
add in 1 gram of DHEA

5 : 1 ratio

Progesterone

Much better would be dhea and progesterone on the scalp

Here's an idea :

onasnatural 56ml prog cream (without almond oil)

contain 5.5 grams of prog
add in 1 gram of DHEA

5 : 1 ratio

I'm using Ona's progesterone SPRAY ON... it's only prog and coconut oil, no VIT E.

6mg of prog per spray.

Thoughts?

So far, it gives no sides at all.... not even a sleepy feeling.

johnwester130

I'm using Ona's progesterone SPRAY ON... it's only prog and coconut oil, no VIT E.

6mg of prog per spray.

Thoughts?

So far, it gives no sides at all.... not even a sleepy feeling.

if you feel it isn't working, it may not be. It may not be absorbing. You could add DHEA powder into it

does it leave a greasy feeling on the skin ? If not, I would be very interested in it, and would use it to dissolve DHEA in.

dhea would block cortisol in the scalp that progesterone itself would not do as well.

Peat said in a radio show to use prog and dhea on the scalp

Last edited:

Mossy

if you feel it isn't working, it may not be. It may not be absorbing. You could add DHEA powder into it

does it leave a greasy feeling on the skin ? If not, I would be very interested in it, and would use it to dissolve DHEA in.

dhea would block cortisol in the scalp that progesterone itself would not do as well.

Normally, my thought would be to apply this at bedtime, due to the prog, but with the DHEA I wonder if that would affect sleep. Do you have any thoughts or experience with the time of day for application?

Progesterone

No greasy feeling. Nothing comparable to vitamin e creams or oils.

DHEA may also upregulate androgens in scalp too, no?