Scalp Progesterone For Hair Loss Experiment

LeeLemonoil

add Virginian cedar oil for the Cedrol content - it was shown to be more effective than minoxidil in murine models

Progesterone

I’m guessing you’re already aware, but just incase you’re not, emu oil is supossedly a good carrier oil for product penetration. I’ve also read that the oil itself is somehow good for hairloss. It can be costly, but I don’t think any more than argan.

Thank you sir.

Yes, the only reason I'm using argan oil, is because already had some in stock.

Emu is good. Also castor oil (although very thick).

I'm pleasantly surprised with argan oil's consistency.. it's watery but not too watery. easier to apply topically than prog even.

Motif

Didnt read in here for months , but I guess nobody had success , right ?

Me neither. Dermatitis keeps ******* up my life

lampofred

Dropped prog.

On Rosemary and Peppermint essential oils, mixed into water and sprayed on scalp.

Prog was destroying my face with acne.... as soon as I dropped prog, face is back to clear.

Are you sure you were using pure, high quality progesterone ? I think Peat said real progesterone is powerfully anti acne

Mossy

Thank you sir.

Yes, the only reason I'm using argan oil, is because already had some in stock.

Emu is good. Also castor oil (although very thick).

I'm pleasantly surprised with argan oil's consistency.. it's watery but not too watery. easier to apply topically than prog even.
:thumbsup:

Mossy

add Virginian cedar oil for the Cedrol content - it was shown to be more effective than minoxidil in murine models
Interesting. I thought I had heard of all the hair oils, but this is the first I’ve heard of this. I don’t say this with any sarcasm, but I personally have had zero results with the several “more effective than minoxidil” natural alternatives. Even so, I’ll make note of this one.

Progesterone

I'm using Castor Oil now.. high dose, nightly, directly on scalp, lots of it.

So, In early 2013 I started noticing hair loss, but in a diffuse pattern, all over top of head, and front, temples, basically everywhere but the sides of my head.

Started propecia Late July 2013: Did not help with the Regrowth of Diffuse Hairloss, although did seem to stop Hairloss to a certain degree so I stayed with it until Febuarary 2014. I stopped because I noticed my hair falling out at a increased rate, and heard about reflex hyperandrogenicity.

Started minoxidil on Temples March 2014 to September 2015: initially for the first 8 months helped then all I noticed was increased shedding so I stopped with no taper.

September 2015 to December 2015: I was so scared to go bald, I was thinking of suicide, but wanted to give RU, topical finasteride, or Castor Oil a try, as all I was using at the time was folligen shampoo, mainly to just get rid of the inflammation feeling.

Late December 2014 to Now: I started with Castor Oil at night, using about a bottle a month(I know that's a lot) pouring it slowly from the bottle on my head, then massaging my scalp, and washing it off in the morning. The first month I didn't notice much besides my head feeling fresh and not inflamed in the morning. Late Janurary I noticed I stopped shedding and could see small vellus hairs all over. By March my hair looked thicker and noticeable in the mirror. April is when I really saw a big difference, my hair was growing consistently faster and filled in a lot. This month I am already almost pre 2013, but do have a few problems.

Found that castor oil is a 5ar inhibitor of both type 1 and 2, and EP3 activator for PGE2
Compostion of Castor oil: http://www.ukm.my/jsm/pdf_files/SM-PDF-39-5-2010/10 Jumat.pdf
5AR Inhibition by Fatty Acids: Inhibition of steroid 5 alpha-reductase by specific aliphatic unsaturated fatty acids. - PubMed - NCBI

For some reason my right temple is not filling in like the left one, I haven't seen much growth in it, does that mean that the follicles are dead? Should I try RU on that temple?

What should be my next step?

Mossy

I'm using Castor Oil now.. high dose, nightly, directly on scalp, lots of it.

So, In early 2013 I started noticing hair loss, but in a diffuse pattern, all over top of head, and front, temples, basically everywhere but the sides of my head.

Started propecia Late July 2013: Did not help with the Regrowth of Diffuse Hairloss, although did seem to stop Hairloss to a certain degree so I stayed with it until Febuarary 2014. I stopped because I noticed my hair falling out at a increased rate, and heard about reflex hyperandrogenicity.

Started minoxidil on Temples March 2014 to September 2015: initially for the first 8 months helped then all I noticed was increased shedding so I stopped with no taper.

September 2015 to December 2015: I was so scared to go bald, I was thinking of suicide, but wanted to give RU, topical finasteride, or Castor Oil a try, as all I was using at the time was folligen shampoo, mainly to just get rid of the inflammation feeling.

Late December 2014 to Now: I started with Castor Oil at night, using about a bottle a month(I know that's a lot) pouring it slowly from the bottle on my head, then massaging my scalp, and washing it off in the morning. The first month I didn't notice much besides my head feeling fresh and not inflamed in the morning. Late Janurary I noticed I stopped shedding and could see small vellus hairs all over. By March my hair looked thicker and noticeable in the mirror. April is when I really saw a big difference, my hair was growing consistently faster and filled in a lot. This month I am already almost pre 2013, but do have a few problems.

Found that castor oil is a 5ar inhibitor of both type 1 and 2, and EP3 activator for PGE2
Compostion of Castor oil: http://www.ukm.my/jsm/pdf_files/SM-PDF-39-5-2010/10 Jumat.pdf
5AR Inhibition by Fatty Acids: Inhibition of steroid 5 alpha-reductase by specific aliphatic unsaturated fatty acids. - PubMed - NCBI

For some reason my right temple is not filling in like the left one, I haven't seen much growth in it, does that mean that the follicles are dead? Should I try RU on that temple?

What should be my next step?
Topical and oral taurine have been mentioned. I’ve used topical for about a 3 month period, but nothing to report.

There are some who suggest castor oil orally as well.

Dermarolling may help till the scalp soil, potentially promoting growth, and help to allow product to penetrate. I’m convinced there is something to the wounding/breaking up the skin, but I believe other factors play a role as well—I’m just not knowledable to piece it all together. With regard to this wounding theory, there is a case where an old man fell asleep by the fire and fell into it and his scalp was burned; that wounding triggered/reset whatever was needed and resulted in hair regrowing in bald areas. I have photos and a link some place, but can’t find them.

Kartoffel

Topical and oral taurine have been mentioned. I’ve used topical for about a 3 month period, but nothing to report.

Dermarolling may help till the scalp soil, potentially promoting growth, and help to allow product to penetrate. I’m convinced there is something to the wounding/breaking up the skin, but I believe other factors play a role as well—I’m just not knowledable to piece it all together. With regard to this wounding theory, there is a case where an old man fell asleep by the fire and fell into it and his scalp was burned; that wounding triggered/reset whatever was needed and resulted in hair regrowing in bald areas. I have photos and a link some place, but can’t find them.

Is that the same guy Peat once mentioned in the KMUD interview on hair loss? Would be really cool, if you could find those photos.

Progesterone

Castor Oral, orally.. hurt rabbits reproductive system, IIRC.

It's been shown to lower testosterone when taken internally, IIRC.

Use topically.

I saw a guy on hairloss forum say Castor Oral orally, lowered his test, and it wasn't coming back up.

Mossy

Castor Oral, orally.. hurt rabbits reproductive system, IIRC.

It's been shown to lower testosterone when taken internally, IIRC.

Use topically.

I saw a guy on hairloss forum say Castor Oral orally, lowered his test, and it wasn't coming back up.
Ok, I’ve never heard that. I was considering trying it myself, but I am more hesitant now. One of the greatest success stories I’ve ever seen is by a guy that many know, SwissTemples—he took castro oil internally, but along with alot of other things.

Progesterone

Ok, I’ve never heard that. I was considering trying it myself, but I am more hesitant now. One of the greatest success stories I’ve ever seen is by a guy that many know, SwissTemples—he took castro oil internally, but along with alot of other things.

Not comparable.

He was also on 10mg of dutasteride, etc, etc... lol

Mossy

OP
S

Sheik

The consensus seems to be that Swiss Temples didn't get the results people were expecting, because he disappeared into the underground and never posted update photos even on the private forum. So either that or he's being a little b**** boy, but then who has replicated his results? No one that I'm aware of.