Scalp Progesterone For Hair Loss Experiment

Progesterone

I am shedding more than usual on prog.

But hairline is improving... I am very impressed.

I will try and take pictures of the progress from before to now. My problem spot doesn't feel like a problem anymore.

dreamcatcher

Hi @Progesterone
Why is it that the progesterone slows down beard growth? Would it slow down eyebrow hair growth as well?
I've noticed tinner brows when applying progesterone on them.

Progesterone

Hi @Progesterone
Why is it that the progesterone slows down beard growth? Would it slow down eyebrow hair growth as well?
I've noticed tinner brows when applying progesterone on them.

My beard growth is just now starting to slow a bit... I can tell because there's an area I use a gillette fusion proglide razor on, daily.. and usually the next day, it's VERY sharp and is already starting to fill in (I have a thick beard and grows very fast naturally). Right now it's noticeably not as sharp and seems to be growing slower too.

Why it would slow EYEBROWS..... that's a good question. HRMMMM

Progesterone

My question was actually, why progesterone slows facial hair but at the same time helps with scalp hair?

xetawaves reply remains the same...

less DHT = less facial hair = more scalp hair --- IF YOU BELIEVE THE MAINSTREAM THEORIES.

Progesterone

Right now I am shedding a good amount... nothing CRAZY but more than I was before.... yet my hairline is improving.

Get this... on clomid. I did not shed at all, but my hairline got worse.

This is very interesting stuff.

Progesterone

BTW... now that I was OFF Prog for so long... and then got back on it... I am noticing facial changes now. More so in terms of how my facial skin itself looks. I look... younger, somehow.

dreamcatcher

Right now I am shedding a good amount... nothing CRAZY but more than I was before.... yet my hairline is improving.

Get this... on clomid. I did not shed at all, but my hairline got worse.

This is very interesting stuff.
I had a continuous hair shedding for 9 months (up to 200 daily) and once I started taking T3 (Triyotex); and Cynoplus (in the evening), progesterone (2 weeks in every month) and Cyproheptadine, my shedding has stopped and now only lose a very few hairs daily (up to 10).

dreamcatcher

xetawaves reply remains the same...

less DHT = less facial hair = more scalp hair --- IF YOU BELIEVE THE MAINSTREAM THEORIES.
I only tried DHEA + progesterone on my brows for 3 days and noticed that they appeared thinner.
In the past, even 1mg of DHEA a day gave me a lot of acne.

Progesterone

I only tried DHEA + progesterone on my brows for 3 days and noticed that they appeared thinner.
In the past, even 1mg of DHEA a day gave me a lot of acne.

So you're saying, adding the Prog, helped to reduce the androgenic side effects from just pure DHEA?

xetawaves

Anyone in here tried pregnenolone? It’s seems to be very androgenic for me and also makes me shed a lot. Yet again, androgens seem to be the cause of male pattern baldness..

Progesterone

Anyone in here tried pregnenolone? It’s seems to be very androgenic for me and also makes me shed a lot. Yet again, androgens seem to be the cause of male pattern baldness..

Did prog make you feel androgenic?

How is prog compared to preg?

I think you shed with prog too, no?

Can you describe how preg seems androgenic

Progesterone

Does anyone remember or know the site, where there is high dose progesterone oil being sold? it's a very high dosage per drop... I can't find it for the life of me.

ivy

I had a continuous hair shedding for 9 months (up to 200 daily) and once I started taking T3 (Triyotex); and Cynoplus (in the evening), progesterone (2 weeks in every month) and Cyproheptadine, my shedding has stopped and now only lose a very few hairs daily (up to 10).

Hi @Rosie, how did you arrive at that combo? I have terrible seasonal shedding. My hair grows fast and responds well to topical stimuli, but at this rate there's absolutely no balance. Are you treating AA alone or as part of a broader diagnosis?

dreamcatcher

Hi @Rosie, how did you arrive at that combo? I have terrible seasonal shedding. My hair grows fast and responds well to topical stimuli, but at this rate there's absolutely no balance. Are you treating AA alone or as part of a broader diagnosis?

Hi :blush: Ray Peat recommended me the thyroid and progesterone and some of the members the Cyproheptadine.
I'm very confident that these would help. The Cyproheptadine lowers serotonin and stress hormones- very damaging to hair.

Progesterone

Ona's prog oil is... 50mg of progesterone, per drop! so 2 drops needed to get 100mg.

and the bottle is DOUBLE the size of health natura's bottle.

With health natura you need 33 drops to get 100mg.

They are the same price, and Ona's prog = free shipping.

Sorry HealthNatura... gonna try Ona's prog when my current batch runs out.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals