Scalp Progesterone For Hair Loss Experiment

OP
S

Sheik

I don't know about anyone here, but there are people posting regrowth pics from scalp massaging on the Perfect Hair Health Discord.

OP
S

Sheik

@charlie I would like to request that the title of this thread be changed to "Progesterone For Hair Loss (Experiment)". I don't want to lead people to assume it's going to work. People said it would work, and it was supposed to work in theory, but I'm not seeing much success with it.

Arrade

Change the name of the thread to “don’t take prog it’s feminizing for men and don’t do ***t for hair” end thread

xetawaves

So my girlfriend lives a few hours away and she came and stayed a week with me. We were having sex like 3 times a day. I was expecting to shed a ton of hair due to all of the prolactin, but it was actually the opposite. I was barely shedding at all while she was here. I haven't seen my shedding slow down like that in a long time. A couple days after she left, my shedding picked back up again. I think maybe it was one of these 3 things that stopped the shedding: I started taking a few mgs of k2 topically everyday, we were drinking a lot of wine(I went 5 months without drinking a drop of alcohol prior to this), and we were having sex a lot. Any ideas?

xetawaves

I think at consistent high doses, it could maybe benefit hair. I had side effects at 30 drops a day topically though. Loss of erection quality, no morning wood, and low sex drive.
Low doses give me the libido of my teenage days though.

Progesterone

I think at consistent high doses, it could maybe benefit hair. I had side effects at 30 drops a day topically though. Loss of erection quality, no morning wood, and low sex drive.
Low doses give me the libido of my teenage days though.

Same.

I think at high doses it could benefit hair.

Yes it did give sides but... they are tolerable.

xetawaves

I have given up on progesterone.

Scalp massage is the next step for me. It seems to be the only treatment apart from estrogen that actually works.

Progesterone

I have given up on progesterone.

Scalp massage is the next step for me. It seems to be the only treatment apart from estrogen that actually works.

Funny u should say that..

Just applied tons of prog directly on scalp and hairline this morning. let it sink in 30mins and showered.

Needed the stress relief, work is super stressful lately.

Progesterone

So I'm back on prog.

Front is not doing well.

I'm thinking of shooting right back on 100mg oral.

OR if I should just use it TOPICALLY directly on scalp.

Thoughts?

Progesterone

So my girlfriend lives a few hours away and she came and stayed a week with me. We were having sex like 3 times a day. I was expecting to shed a ton of hair due to all of the prolactin, but it was actually the opposite. I was barely shedding at all while she was here. I haven't seen my shedding slow down like that in a long time. A couple days after she left, my shedding picked back up again. I think maybe it was one of these 3 things that stopped the shedding: I started taking a few mgs of k2 topically everyday, we were drinking a lot of wine(I went 5 months without drinking a drop of alcohol prior to this), and we were having sex a lot. Any ideas?

tbh..... unless you really had a drastic difference in shedding from this..... idk, I would say it's unrelated and just dumb luck

xetawaves

I'm wearing a hat today (winter hat) and my hairline in the center HURTS, feels sore.... WTF???????

my scalp gets sore too when I wear a hat or beanie

tbh..... unless you really had a drastic difference in shedding from this..... idk, I would say it's unrelated and just dumb luck

There's no way it's a coincidence, man. Even the inflammation in my scalp calmed down a lot. I wonder if men absorb estrogen from women during intercourse.

Progesterone

my scalp gets sore too when I wear a hat or beanie

There's no way it's a coincidence, man. Even the inflammation in my scalp calmed down a lot. I wonder if men absorb estrogen from women during intercourse.

GOTCHA! No more hats.

Hmmmmm I don't know anything anymore... I really don't. Could be.

I used a shitload of prog on scalp last night, went to sleep, wokeup, showered. Scalp feeling normal, not inflamed, didn't shed much.

I think I'll continue using prog on scalp maybe EOD (since I shower EOD) but we shall see.

I MAY need to use oral prog to lower my androgens that clomid raised potentially. although it should absorb thru scalp enough.

I should also just stfu* and try that bio estrocare cream already.

Now is the time.. summer is gone, testing with libido killing things is in season, folks.

Arrade

@xetawaves how is your estrogen?
I’m convinced it’s elevated estrogen that ruins the calcium metabolism and causes such scalp pain, perhaps in conjunction to hypothyroidism.

You could also try olive oil massages every other day. I leave the oil in my hair overnight, I think it helps to heal and hydrate the skin. It was also shown in mice to be more effective at hair growth than minoxidil (won’t have same effect in humans) but that shows something.

Arrade

Perhaps prog is useful because it competes with high estrogen?
Not sure about the mechanics but it’s a thought

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals