Scalp micropigmentation (hairline tattoo) experiences/tips?

CHEESEHEAD69

I am in my early twenties and my hairline has receded to the point where I need to shave my head. I am comfortable with being bald but I would still prefer a hairline. Does anybody have any experience with scalp micropigmentation, I always ignored this option for treating hair loss but when you think it about it you don't have to take any drugs, put on a wig, or deal with hair fibers (none of which I have done). Has anybody had good results with hairline tattoo? What was your experience?

I am in my early twenties and my hairline has receded to the point where I need to shave my head. I am comfortable with being bald but I would still prefer a hairline. Does anybody have any experience with scalp micropigmentation, I always ignored this option for treating hair loss but when you think it about it you don't have to take any drugs, put on a wig, or deal with hair fibers (none of which I have done). Has anybody had good results with hairline tattoo? What was your experience?
I have seen them on dark skinned men and they look great, but I haven't seen anything as successful on light colored men.

miraddo

After tossing it up for a while I got smp done around the end of 2019 for the entire top of my scalp where thinning had occurred. It was a really good decision and I got alot of positive feedback from my brothers (who are very honest with me) and the women in my life. In the first few months it was quite dark but it becomes gradually lighter and more natural looking in a month or so. My complexion is a healthy pink/bronzeish (with the help of "Peating" for the last few years) and it suits me quite well. In fact, I might go in for another session soon, as it does fade to some degree with time.

Last edited:
After tossing it up for a while I got smp done around the end of 2019 for the entire top of my scalp where thinning had occurred. It was a really good decision and I got alot of positive feedback from my brothers (who are very honest with me) and the women in my life. In the first few months it was quite dark but it becomes gradually lighter and more natural looking in a month or so. My complexion is a healthy pink/bronzeish (with the help of "Peating" for the last few years) and it suits me quite well. In fact, I might go in for another session soon, as it does fade to some degree with time.
Whew! I am glad it worked out for you! That is a no turning back decision!

miraddo

Whew! I am glad it worked out for you! That is a no turning back decision!
The company I went with was quite reputable and gave me an outstanding result. I wish it was permanent! Like any tattoo it does have its initial sides though.

As mentioned, my complexion is quite pink and healthy and it suited my overall look, I guess if I had pasty/caucasian skin it would be a different story?

The company I went with was quite reputable and gave me an outstanding result. I wish it was permanent! Like any tattoo it does have its initial sides though.

As mentioned, my complexion is quite pink and healthy and it suited my overall look, I guess if I had pasty/caucasian skin it would be a different story?
Yeah that is what I was picturing, a pasty not good look. Plus you really have to have a buzz type cut to make it blend better too. That is what I mostly see on the internet.

miraddo

Yeah that is what I was picturing, a pasty not good look. Plus you really have to have a buzz type cut to make it blend better too. That is what I mostly see on the internet.
Yes i've been doing a buzz cut for years.This is not something that looks good when there is huge contrast between the tattoo and skin colour or with long hair.

Yes i've been doing a buzz cut for years.This is not something that looks good when there is huge contrast between the tattoo and skin colour or with long hair.
Yeah it did not look right when I saw someone sporting that exact look, way too obvious!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals