Scalp Massages To Stop/halt Hairloss 2020?

OP
S

Steve123

Maybe your talking about just diffusing and overall hair quality, Deficiencies/ can probably speed up MPB or cause diffuse thinning but Milk/Asprin/Sunlight is not gonna cure someone with MPB, it could slow it down maybe?

Ableton

How long have you been in these forums? I don't think i've EVER seen one case of someone who has ACTUALLY cured their hair loss through the ray peat diet? Have you?.. maybe people who have improved their hair through thyroid supplement or something but that's different.

People who have any sort of result on this woe are taking thyroid supps or some sort of hormone/supplements or whatever. How can you equate that to the success of the diet then? You cant, ever.

I don't buy into Danny roddy curing his hair loss, he was probably never going to go bald really, if you see his hair, it's always looked pretty good, i've never seen a photo of his hair where it was receded at all, Maybe very mildly which from what i've seen SO MANY people have at a young age, and then end up retaining most of the hair till a late age, my father included, I've seen photos of my fathers hair when he was like 20 ish and had mild recession and he's 55 now and he still has a lot of hair.
All that happened with Danny Roddy was that he probably ruined something in his health through all the crazy diets or what ever he did and then thyroid or something just restored him to normal health, thus just improving the quality and maybe any shedding he was getting, i dont think he ever had that MPB where shape at all.

stopping hair loss, not regrowing hair.
I did not lose a single hair since implementing milk, daily sun routine, and peating. I have posted about this.
However, I want to regrow hair.
I changed more stuff, but those are pillars

Last edited:

mrchibbs

Ok man, I clearly won't be able to reach out to you, good luck to ya

mrchibbs

If you can give me some valid proof i'm all for it, there's just not

Just read any of Danny Roddy's articles and look at the goddam references. The ''proof'' as you call it is called evidence in the form of real research.

OP
S

Steve123

why are you here if you don't believe peating (milk) improves thyroid on it's own?

I'm not saying it doesn't, because we know that calcium is beneficial for thyroid and every other function in the body.. People from the Ray P community are not the only people in the world that drink milk.. I;ve eat tons of cheese and milk over the years! If someone's health is messed up or someone does have thyroid issues, adding milk into the diet rarely does anything super, especially not stop hair loss.. Most people here having any success are guzzling thyroid supplements and then saying its their ray peat diet that cured their problems

OP
S

Steve123

Just read any of Danny Roddy's articles and look at the goddam references. The ''proof'' as you call it is called evidence in the form of real research.

**** that, If there was people solving hair loss issues on this diet this forum would be overflown with success, sadly there is none of that, i dont think i've ever seen someone post actual success for hair growth on this diet, with actual proof and without the use of thyroid meds or something like that..

Ableton

if you ever tried a nutritional approach to hair loss you would probably know that it effects hair loss dramatically. Nobody here has proclaimed a cure (bald-->nw0), but stopping aga is realistic and has been achieved by MANY here. those who did it don't post a lot here though

@lampofred is the only one i can remember right now

Zigzag

**** that, If there was people solving hair loss issues on this diet this forum would be overflown with success, sadly there is none of that, i dont think i've ever seen someone post actual success for hair growth on this diet, with actual proof and without the use of thyroid meds or something like that..
Unfortunately you are right. It sounds nice that you can fix it with diet, but there are literally no success reports. If someone shows me temples regrowth I will believe. Also taking thyroid when you suffer from MPB will only speed the process up. Prepare for telogen effluvium that your sick scalp won't recover from -> even worse density than before.

Ableton

seems like you guys don't understand the difference between stopping aga and regrowing hair. i concur
stop aga, and you are in hairtransplant territory if you are not past nw4

Zigzag

I receded heavily to NW2 at age of 21-22. Now I'm 27 and I changed my disastrous diet only like a year ago. During those 5 years my hairline hasn't moved at all, so it seems I managed to stop AGA with nothing but processed food, PUFA and so on...

OP
S

Steve123

I receded heavily to NW2 at age of 21-22. Now I'm 27 and I changed my disastrous diet only like a year ago. During those 5 years my hairline hasn't moved at all, so it seems I managed to stop AGA with nothing but processed food, PUFA and so on...

Yeah same thing with my father who experienced receding at a young age but still has lots of his hair at 55.. i think a lot of people go through it and keep the rest of their hair

Zigzag

Yeah same thing with my father who experienced receding at a young age but still has lots of his hair at 55.. i think a lot of people go through it and keep the rest of their hair
They call it mature hairline, but it's still AGA waiting for the right moment to restart. Also I've noticed my hairloss has moved from strictly hairline to sides which indicates retrograde.

Ableton

nobody here is even saying that food is everything. perceive, think, act.

I take an approach that adresses around 10 problems I have, and that I want to do for health reasons anyway (including vit d, magnesium, posture etc.). it is not good to have fibrosis in your body. and guess what? it's reducing in my scalp. you can tell by pressing knuckles in it. whether this will regrow me more hair, im doubtful as well. but im fixing some underlying pathologies and probably keeping what I have. If I can be fairly certain I stopped AGA I have options. I need to wait for winter though, and change in jobs

Matt C

Coffee is great, but you need to supply sugar/food with it because it raises metabolism. There is even a study that showed how 0.2% Caffeine topical solution gives equal results to Minoxidil.

Overall, follow the Perceive, Think, Act motto that Ray talks about and you'll be fine. Milk is often a matter of intestinal bacteria. I didn't drink milk for more than 5 years between 20 and 25 because I thought it was bad, and when I started again, I had to drink very small quantities to get my gut bacteria reused to it. Start with a small drink of the best quality milk you can drink, at night. It's most beneficial before bed because it suppresses the parathyroid rising during sleep.

Blood donation is mostly good for health in general, so I would keep doing it I was you.

The fact that you can feel your galea becoming more loose is a great sign. Keep doing it, but also massage the muscles around the scalp, because the tension is there too! Don't massage it if your scalp feels sore. Let it rest completely. Just track progress in terms of flexibility, softness of the scalp etc. It's a good time to do it because summer is when hair regrows the most, so keep massaging to get the best chance of regrowth during summer.
@mrchibbs @Matt C @Ableton @Jack Earth Great chat guys, thanks for 2cents!

No worries buddy! Good to have a place where people can share experiences.

mrchibbs

nobody here is even saying that food is everything. perceive, think, act.

@Ableton I take an approach that adresses around 10 problems I have, and that I want to do for health reasons anyway (including vit d, magnesium, posture etc.). it is not good to have fibrosis in your body. and guess what? it's reducing in my scalp. you can tell by pressing knuckles in it. whether this will regrow me more hair, im doubtful as well. but im fixing some underlying pathologies and probably keeping what I have. If I can be fairly certain I stopped AGA I have options. I need to wait for winter though, and change in jobs

Danny and Ray made me realize how serious losing hair really is regarding my general health. I don't think you should be doubtful about regrowth happening. You seem to know a lot about your own health and you've taken the steps to lower PTH, increase D, and improve thyroid. Continue what you're doing. Rob English showed that the massage can definitely lead to regrowth, and yes even frontal (temporal) regrowth. One famous example was a guy named Jared who had a wrecked hairline and who was consulting with Rob and Danny back in 2014. He regrew everything and more. He massaged a lot and had blood labs, and fixed everything from his prolactin to vitamin D etc.

With summer coming, and the fact that you're already making progress with your scalp texture, you could be around the corner from regrowth. Keep massaging, use antifibrotic agents like vitamin E, magnesium, niacinamide, taurine etc. Topical caffeine/aspirin should also help, heck I'd try progesterone/DHEA mix topically, progesterone is anti-fibrotic and would potentiate everything.

At the root of everything is the stress of life, so walks in nature and getting loads of sunshine and great restorative sleep, should be also key aspect of your summer.

Ableton

Danny and Ray made me realize how serious losing hair really is regarding my general health. I don't think you should be doubtful about regrowth happening. You seem to know a lot about your own health and you've taken the steps to lower PTH, increase D, and improve thyroid. Continue what you're doing. Rob English showed that the massage can definitely lead to regrowth, and yes even frontal (temporal) regrowth. One famous example was a guy named Jared who had a wrecked hairline and who was consulting with Rob and Danny back in 2014. He regrew everything and more. He massaged a lot and had blood labs, and fixed everything from his prolactin to vitamin D etc.

With summer coming, and the fact that you're already making progress with your scalp texture, you could be around the corner from regrowth. Keep massaging, use antifibrotic agents like vitamin E, magnesium, niacinamide, taurine etc. Topical caffeine/aspirin should also help, heck I'd try progesterone/DHEA mix topically, progesterone is anti-fibrotic and would potentiate everything.

At the root of everything is the stress of life, so walks in nature and getting loads of sunshine and great restorative sleep, should be also key aspect of your summer.

Uplifting, thanks dude. But in the end, I feel like balance is super important. I still don't know if I want to throw that many supplements at it. got a sensitive gut. I feel like completely abolishing gut issues would be my next step. I got cypro for that, but it does make me feel so low dopamine :/