Scalp Itch After Carrots

Deadpool

So I noticed whenever I eat raw carrots (haven't paid attention to cooked ones yet), I get some noticeable scalp itch, and generally always feel a certain heaviness in my stomach.

Anybody else experience this? What are your thoughts?

Beastmode

So I noticed whenever I eat raw carrots (haven't paid attention to cooked ones yet), I get some noticeable scalp itch, and generally always feel a certain heaviness in my stomach.

Anybody else experience this? What are your thoughts?

Not sure if this will make a drastic difference, but we wash our carrots thoroughly with distilled water after peeling them. Also, the quality of carrot (i.e- store bought vs farm bought) seems to effect how we feel from them.

Hope it keeps you on the carrot salad track.

gaze

like beast mode said peel them then rinse them. Also, a deficiency in calcium, vitamin D and b12 can make carotene a problem. do you get enough of those 3?

Markus

It could be related to salicylate sensitivity. Adding some collagen/glycine and/or taurine might help.

OP
Deadpool

Deadpool

Thanks for the answer guys. Gonna keep track of these things and see how I react

lampofred

Carotene is PUFA. Eating a daily raw carrot doesn't work for me because even that small amount of PUFA noticeably makes me more hypo.

Wish I were a yogi who derived all his energy from air/CO2. No more worrying about PUFA, iron, toxins, etc. ...

UltraSuperior

Carotene is PUFA. Eating a daily raw carrot doesn't work for me because even that small amount of PUFA noticeably makes me more hypo.

Wish I were a yogi who derived all his energy from air/CO2. No more worrying about PUFA, iron, toxins, etc. ...

Carotene is not a fat.