Scalp Issues: Itchy, Dry

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
aquaman said:
Charlie said:
For me its dermatitis, which for me got a ton worse since Peating and from recent discovery it is directly related to estrogen.

I have my estrogen signs that I know to look out for, dermatitis is one of them. I will be sharing others in a thread coming up. Uggggh this estrogen. :(

Looking forward to reading this
Oh man, the pressure is on. :lol:

natedawggh

Dandruff/flaky scalp is a fungal problem like athletes foot and while diet can affect it, it's not the cause. Try using baking soda and water for shampoo for a few days or other medicated treatment.

Peata

Well since I posted, I've only been afflicted one time with the itchy scalp, and that was last night (and it's a pre-menstrual time for me).... I believe those supplements I'm taking helped -B vits including extra B1, B3, B6, magnesium, E, (and Progest-E in higher doses). That's pretty much all I've changed. I recently read that B6 can help seborrhoeic dermatitis which can also cause itchy scalp.

I really think a big part of this puzzle for me (the whole hormone puzzle) is for some reason I do not process the "normal" amount of certain vitamins and minerals, which only adds to my metabolic/hormone problems... and adding extra vitamins/mins to my diet through supplements is having a positive effect (along with the Peat framework of foods). I can only hope, and will keep going with it.

Kray

Peata,

How is your dry itchy skin? (from Nov 2013)

What have you learned to date that helps most controlling any dryness or skin problems? Diet-wise-- more milk, what vitamins do you still take? I thought my dry skin was getting better but something has set it off again. What can you suggest? What B vites have you found most helpful, and do you do them daily? Do you also supplement with a multi?

Thank you for any help! :)

Treat the scalp with a half coffee spoon of salycilic acid in water or coffee or vodka for five minutes then wash with a very oily shampoo. Test the shampoo on skin to see how you agree with it. I have a selenium sulfide shampoo which will kill any kind of fungus for a week but the soaps in it make my whole body itch and my nose swells.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals