Scalp Diseases

cyclops

Does anyone out there suffer from chronic scalp issues? I've suffered with a scalp disease for quite a long time (around 15 years) and nothing seems to help.

I'm not even really sure what it is exactly. From pictures on google it looks like folliculitis, but maybe it is Psoriasis, Seborrheic dermatitis, or something else. I had gone to a doctor many years ago ago (way before peating) and he wasn't sure what it was, but he put me on some type of antibiotic and for the 10 days I was on it, it seemed to go away. But after I stopped it came right back.

Since the antibiotic helped does that mean it is 100% a bacterial infection?

I've taken oral vitamins & minerals and topical essential oils; nothing seems to help. Carrot and Charcoal are known as natural (although milder) antibiotics, but they do nothing. I've just kinda just given up on it because I've tried so many things and nothing seems to help. But something is definitely wrong and I'd love figure this out.

Anyone have any advice or dealing with similar issues?

M

member 2106

If you haven't tried giving up wheat, I'd recommend that. It helped me.

brix

My sebhorreic dermatits has (mostly) cleared from increasing fat solubles and probably from raising androgens and decreasing estrogen/prolactin.

LCohen

I suffered from Seborrheic dermatitis too. Now using a solution with aspirin, spiro, zinc sulphate dissolved in %96 ethanol. It completely gone.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

I suffered from Seborrheic dermatitis too. Now using a solution with aspirin, spiro, zinc sulphate dissolved in %96 ethanol. It completely gone.

Is this something you made yourself? or your purchased somewhere? I'd like to try it. If you made it yourself could you tell me the recipe?

LCohen

Is this something you made yourself? or your purchased somewhere? I'd like to try it. If you made it yourself could you tell me the recipe?

I'm doing myself. If you're able to find Ethanol it will be pretty easy.

Get some aspirin, spiro, zinc sulphate crush them into ethanol. Wait for 1 day and rub it on your hair and scalp.

But it heavily dries hair. Use it only if you are struggling with oil-greasy hair. I wouldn't use it for dry hair..

OP
cyclops

cyclops

I'm doing myself. If you're able to find Ethanol it will be pretty easy.

Get some aspirin, spiro, zinc sulphate crush them into ethanol. Wait for 1 day and rub it on your hair and scalp.

Yea but how much of each are using and how much ethanol?

LCohen

Yea but how much of each are using and how much ethanol?

Spiro - 15 tablets (each contains 100mg)
Aspirin - 10 tablets (each contains 500mg)
Zinc Sulphate - 5 pills (each contains 50mg)

Ethanol 300 - 400 Ml

gp3690

I’ve had similar issues for around 8 years. Scaly skin flakes off my scalp. I’ve head and shoulders and selsun blue it will be better for a few hours but isn’t treating the main problem. I think pufa makes mine worse. An interesting thing happened when I got a wisdom tooth removed. I was given clindamycin and it totally disappeared within two days and was gone for about four or five days. It could have been the meds but it also could’ve been I was eating basically all sugar. Applesauce OJ milk things like that. I was also eating less in general so maybe that had something to do with it. I’m read somewhere that running on fat instead of sugar can cause dandruff so I’ve been trying to eat less fat recently and I think it helps. The skin itself though is so much different than anywhere else on my body. It feels like a scaly surface that has almost dust-like flakes, very fine and small dandruff. My scalp doesn’t usually itch. I can only remember two times in the past eight years though where my scalp was silky smooth- the one time after the antibiotics and another random day but was never able to figure out why

OP
cyclops

cyclops

I’ve had similar issues for around 8 years. Scaly skin flakes off my scalp. I’ve head and shoulders and selsun blue it will be better for a few hours but isn’t treating the main problem. I think pufa makes mine worse. An interesting thing happened when I got a wisdom tooth removed. I was given clindamycin and it totally disappeared within two days and was gone for about four or five days. It could have been the meds but it also could’ve been I was eating basically all sugar. Applesauce OJ milk things like that. I was also eating less in general so maybe that had something to do with it. I’m read somewhere that running on fat instead of sugar can cause dandruff so I’ve been trying to eat less fat recently and I think it helps. The skin itself though is so much different than anywhere else on my body. It feels like a scaly surface that has almost dust-like flakes, very fine and small dandruff. My scalp doesn’t usually itch. I can only remember two times in the past eight years though where my scalp was silky smooth- the one time after the antibiotics and another random day but was never able to figure out why

Hmm are you sure it wasn't just the antibiotics that cleared it up and not eating just sugar? I already eat low fat, especially low pufa. I'm not sure if we have the same thing though. Scabs are the main issue and I also do get dandruff and an itchy scalp unfortunately.

gp3690

Yea I am not sure. Couldve been either, but I’ve had more success the past few days focusing on low fat, no pufa and no gluten. I’ll get small hard “scabs” that are white and looks to be just skin. And I also have scaly skin on the entirety of my scalp. The degree of it comes and goes so I think diet can effect it

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals