Savoury Yeast Benefits?

Jac

Hi there, anyone here use savoury yeast? i have read it is a very healthy food and contains most of the b vitamins. Does it contain niacinamide? Thanks

keith

If I'm not mistaken, savory yeast is the same as brewer's yeast. If so, Ray has written that he doesn't recommend it because it is very estrogenetic, although he has also written about it being used to cure diabetes. You will probably want to dig around to find the articles if you are interested, unless someone else can provide the links, but I think he said putting it in hot water, so that the vitamins come into the water, and drinking only the liquid and not the solid material that sinks to the bottom, makes it less problematic, but I think he recommends getting the relevant nutrients from somewhere else.

keith

RWilly

Wondering if Saccharomyces cerevisiae (living) can increase the CO2 levels in the body.

From wikipedia:

"Uses in aquaria
Owing to the high cost of commercial CO2 cylinder systems, CO2 injection by yeast is one of the most popular DIY approaches followed by aquaculturists for providing CO2 to underwater aquatic plants. The yeast culture is, in general, maintained in plastic bottles, and typical systems provide one bubble every 3–7 seconds. Various approaches have been devised to allow proper absorption of the gas into the water."