Saturated PS (mitolipin) Dht

Cameron

Does saturated PS have an noticable affect on dht I've seen a paper of over 200 percent increase any human studies of this couldnt find any @haidut does ps mechanisms of action make sense in stimulate 5ar androgens

OP
Cameron

Cameron

The experiments described in this paper were undertaken to examine the requirements of NADPH-cytochrome c reductase and phosphatidylcholine for hepatic steroid 5 alpha-reduction, previously proposed by Golf and Graef (Golf, S. W. and Graef, V. (1978) J. Steroid Biochem. 9, 369-371). To determine how NADPH-cytochrome c reductase participates in hepatic 5 alpha-reductase activity, antibodies against the purified NADPH-cytochrome c reductase were added to 5 alpha-reductase preparation solubilized from rat liver microsomes. Whereas both NADPH-cytochrome c reductase and progesterone 16 alpha-hydroxylase in the preparation were inhibited by the antiserum, the inhibitory effect on 5 alpha-reductase activity was not observed. In addition, chromatography of the polyethylene glycol fraction active in 5 alpha-reduction on DEAE-cellulose resulted in the complete separation of 5 alpha-reductase activity from NADPH-cytochrome c reductase activity. Unlike NADPH-cytochrome c reductase, phosphatidylcholine increased the activity of the partially purified 5 alpha-reductase about 2.5 fold. Phosphatidylserine also enhanced the activity to an extent identical for phosphatidylcholine. Phosphatidic acid and lysophosphatidylcholine were stimulatory to lesser extents.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Does saturated PS have an noticable affect on dht I've seen a paper of over 200 percent increase any human studies of this couldnt find any @haidut does ps mechanisms of action make sense in stimulate 5ar androgens

It does, since as I posted in other threads, saturated fats increase androgen synthesis while PUFA suppress it. PUFA is also one of the most potent 5-AR suppressors we can obtain externally. They also promote estrogen and cortisol synthesis, which increases their anti-androgenic effect.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

It does, since as I posted in other threads, saturated fats increase androgen synthesis while PUFA suppress it. PUFA is also one of the most potent 5-AR suppressors we can obtain externally. They also promote estrogen and cortisol synthesis, which increases their anti-androgenic effect.
Stopping pufa was the best thing I've ever done I was just curious how credible these findings were that's a huge increase from a saturated fat and how it actually applies to humans and at what dose?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals