Saturated Fats Make More Potent Endotoxin?

sevenzy

Not to far into the video he says saturated fats create more potent lypopolysacharrides than omega 6 fatty acida in diet.

CLASH

That is patently false. Theres increased uptake, but not increases in potency of LPS. Saturated fats and the fat based system of the body neutralize endotoxin.

Last edited:
OP
sevenzy

sevenzy

That is patently false. Theres increased uptake, but not increases in potency of LPS. Saturated fats and the fat based system of the body neutralize endotoxin.

Yeah I was curious what others more knowledgable then myself would have to say about that.

Luk3

I haven’t listened to much of this guy, but the couple of videos that I did see, he spoke of serotonin as the “happy hormone” and said he does 100 mile bike rides in a fasted state.

yerrag

I came across this article and its title "Chylomicrons Enhance Endotoxin Excretion in Bile" made me think that long-chain saturated fats would be helpful, rather than be obstructive, in helping rid our body of endotoxins. Am I right in thinking this, since long chain fats can't be digested unless they are converted into chylomicrons during digestion, and saturated fats are better than PUFAs?

https://iai.asm.org/content/iai/61/8/3496.full.pdf :

Chylomicrons prevent endotoxin toxicity and increase endotoxin uptake by hepatocytes. As a consequence,
less endotoxin is available to activate macrophages, thereby reducing tumor necrosis factor secretion. To
determine whether the chylomicron-mediated increase in hepatocellular uptake of endotoxin results in
increased endotoxin excretion into bile, we examined bile after endotoxin administration. A sublethal dose (7
pg/kg) of 1251-endotoxin was incubated with either rat mesenteric lymph containing nascent chylomicrons (500
mg of chylomicron triglyceride per kg of body weight) or an equal volume of normal saline (controls) for 3 h
and then infused into male Sprague-Dawley rats. Bile samples were collected via a common bile duct catheter
for 24 h. Infusion of endotoxin incubated with chylomicrons increased biliary excretion of endotoxin by 67%
at 3 h (P 5 0.006) and by 20% at 24 h (P c 0.01) compared with infusion of endotoxin incubated in saline.
Endotoxin activity, as measured by the Limulus assay, was not detected in the bile of test animals. However,
endotoxin activity was detected after hot phenol-water extraction of bile, demonstrating that endotoxin is
inactive in the presence of bile but retains bioactivity after hepatic processing. Since the majority of an
intravenous endotoxin load has been shown to be cleared by the liver, acceleration of hepatocyte clearance and
biliary excretion of endotoxin may represent a component of the mechanism by which chylomicrons protect
against endotoxin-induced lethality.

CLASH

@yerrag
Bile not only binds but breaks down endotoxin in the intestine.

Alkaline phosphatase directly destroys endotoxin and also assist in fat digestion and is stimulated by fat ingestion.

Chylomicrons, HDL, LDL, and triglycerides all bind and detoxify endotoxin in the body.

The body upregulates lipoproteins and triglycerides when in infection or under endotoxin burden specifically to bind and deactivate the endotoxins. TNF-alpha production by macrophages stimulates cholesterol production by the liver as a defense mechanism.

Thus, altered lipid profiles and hyperlipidemia, often seen in chronic heart disease, diabetes, obesity, kidney disease etc. Are all indicative of a heavy endotoxin burden. They in and off themselves arent neccesarily the issue.

Considering all of this its somewhat ridiculous when people on here try to claim that saturated fats increase endotoxin or most recently “are bad for the heart” or some other trope like that. Theres really not much solid evidence to support any of those statements, in fact the evidence is directly in the contrary. This is especially the case if you look at alcoholic liver disease, a disease characterized by endotoxic assault, which saturated fats are highly protective of.

yerrag

@yerrag

Alkaline phosphatase directly destroys endotoxin and also assist in fat digestion and is stimulated by fat ingestion.

Chylomicrons, HDL, LDL, and triglycerides all bind and detoxify endotoxin in the body.

The body upregulates lipoproteins and triglycerides when in infection or under endotoxin burden specifically to bind and deactivate the endotoxins. TNF-alpha production by macrophages stimulates cholesterol production by the liver as a defense mechanism.

Thus, altered lipid profiles and hyperlipidemia, often seen in chronic heart disease, diabetes, obesity, kidney disease etc. Are all indicative of a heavy endotoxin burden. They in and off themselves arent neccesarily the issue.

Considering all of this its somewhat ridiculous when people on here try to claim that saturated fats increase endotoxin or most recently “are bad for the heart” or some other trope like that. Theres really not much solid evidence to support any of those statements, in fact the evidence is directly in the contrary. This is especially the case if you look at alcoholic liver disease, a disease characterized by endotoxic assault, which saturated fats are highly protective of.

Thanks CLASH. These are all very helpful ideas.

I was wondering why my cholesterol and triglycerides dropped from 234 to 208 and 222 to 145, respectively, from Feb this year to just last week. The drop in my trig was impressive, and I can only say that it may have been due to my recent endotoxin storm from lysing arterial plaque with 4 days of heavy serraptidase dosage (3x120,000 spu/day). It may have caused a lot of bile to be made and used to excrete all that endotoxin. But I'm wondering why my trig isn't staying up. Is it because it got drained, and is just slowly recharging, and it would go back up if I still have a lot of endotoxins?

Regarding alkaline phosphatase, I was looking way back and in 2002 it was at 12 (when I didn't have hypertension), and recently it was at 30. It makes more sense now why it went up.

I think I should take more VCO for the lauric acid to increase my cholesterol and more cocoa butter and stearyl alcohol to produce more chylomicrons. I'll need to stock up on cholesterol and chylomicrons to keep getting rid of endotoxins from my body. I believe it's the endotoxins that are causing my albumin levels to be low (can't go higher than 42) and with low albumin, my blood volume can't increase since low albumin means plasma won't hold enough salt, and without enough salt water can't be attracted to plasma. With not enough plasma, my blood pressure has to stay high to get the work done with less blood volume. Endotoxins bind to LBP, and albumin is used to make LBP.

yerrag

This pertains to the gut, but probably does not apply to me because my endotoxin load is in my blood.

This applies to me, as my endotoxin is in the blood. I released a lot of it from 3 days (from early July) of heavy lysing of plaque using serrapeptidase. I'm still dealing with the fallout it seems. My serum monocyte level (activated by endotoxins to make macrophages) still stays high. Taking more VCO to increase cholesterol and cocoa butter to increase chylomicrons. Zinc could help too, as my serum alkaline phosphatase is on the low end of range.

This is so true, as I'm experiencing it now. 2 hours after a meal, my blood sugar would have gone back to 85, but this morning and afternoon, I got high readings of 103 and 101, respectively. I felt sleepy. I first blamed the morning result on taking 20g of cocoa butter with coffee, thinking the fats impeded glucose intake. But in the afternoon, I didn't eat high fat, but my blood sugar stayed high. It seems that not only does the body upregulate triglyceride under endotoxin burden, but the endotoxins are also suppressing glucose intake or metabolism. I think it could be affecting glucose uptake, as when I downed a glass of orange juice, my energy level came back up.

yerrag

Duplicate

CLASH

@yerrag
The endotoxin load could be coming from the gut and making its way to the blood, although from what I remember your thoughts are that the bacterial biofilms are actually present in the blood vessels themselves.

The symptoms and lab results in my opinion do seem to be some type of latent infection. I had simar experiences with a herxing from serrapeptidase as we talked about previously. Its pretty potent in that regard, I could feel its effects directed specifically to the spot where I have consistent aching. The acids in coconut oil can also be helpful as antimicrobials. How do you feel using the fats? Regular butter may help as well for raising cholesterol.

I think that the main cause of type 2 diabetes is actually latent infection in the gut. The state is characterized by high circulating endotoxin levels. I think PUFA is also a player, directly and also by allowing the infection to take hold in the intestine.

For some reason I dont get alerts to my email from forum @‘s, so sometimes I dont see your responses and other times i see them days later.

yerrag

The endotoxin load could be coming from the gut and making its way to the blood, although from what I remember your thoughts are that the bacterial biofilms are actually present in the blood vessels themselves.
I'm now open to the possibility though that endotoxins could, other than coming from vascular plaque, be also from the gut. When I ended a day fast, my blood pressure would really drop, and Ray has mentioned that the main benefit of fasting is in lowering endotoxin levels. So I'm also starting to take activated charcoal- to cover all my bases.
This is so true, as I'm experiencing it now. 2 hours after a meal, my blood sugar would have gone back to 85, but this morning and afternoon, I got high readings of 103 and 101, respectively. I felt sleepy. I first blamed the morning result on taking 20g of cocoa butter with coffee, thinking the fats impeded glucose intake. But in the afternoon, I didn't eat high fat, but my blood sugar stayed high. It seems that not only does the body upregulate triglyceride under endotoxin burden, but the endotoxins are also suppressing glucose intake or metabolism. I think it could be affecting glucose uptake, as when I downed a glass of orange juice, my energy level came back up.
The symptoms and lab results in my opinion do seem to be some type of latent infection. I had simar experiences with a herxing from serrapeptidase as we talked about previously. Its pretty potent in that regard, I could feel its effects directed specifically to the spot where I have consistent aching. The acids in coconut oil can also be helpful as antimicrobials. How do you feel using the fats? Regular butter may help as well for raising cholesterol.
I was wrong about why my blood sugar stayed up after a meal. It turns out to be low thiamine as I had been urinating so much lately that I depleted thiamine (and potassium).
I'm still taking 20g cocoa butter each day with my morning coffee. It's still too early to tell. I'm getting results that perplex me. My blood pressure has increased, and my heart rate has been lower than usual. It should be the other way around if my body follows my script. Then again, I'm taking many other substances and I have to figure out which supplement is acting renegade - progesterone, pregnenolone, DHEA, vitamin C, lysine, vitamin E, deFibron, Vitamin K, activated charcoal, vitamin D, ZymEssence proteolytic enzyme. Or it could just be the change of season as it's been less sunny lately.

NathanK

Not to far into the video he says saturated fats create more potent lypopolysacharrides than omega 6 fatty acida in diet.

He's being a bit dramatic if you ask me.
Postprandial serum endotoxin in healthy humans is modulated by dietary fat in a randomized, controlled, cross-over study

@yerrag

Nice post. I agree.

Don't forget lipase! http://www.jbc.org/content/282/18/13726.full.pdf

I came across this article and its title "Chylomicrons Enhance Endotoxin Excretion in Bile" made me think that long-chain saturated fats would be helpful, rather than be obstructive, in helping rid our body of endotoxins. Am I right in thinking this, since long chain fats can't be digested unless they are converted into chylomicrons during digestion, and saturated fats are better than PUFAs?

https://iai.asm.org/content/iai/61/8/3496.full.pdf :

Chylomicrons prevent endotoxin toxicity and increase endotoxin uptake by hepatocytes. As a consequence,
less endotoxin is available to activate macrophages, thereby reducing tumor necrosis factor secretion. To
determine whether the chylomicron-mediated increase in hepatocellular uptake of endotoxin results in
increased endotoxin excretion into bile, we examined bile after endotoxin administration. A sublethal dose (7
pg/kg) of 1251-endotoxin was incubated with either rat mesenteric lymph containing nascent chylomicrons (500
mg of chylomicron triglyceride per kg of body weight) or an equal volume of normal saline (controls) for 3 h
and then infused into male Sprague-Dawley rats. Bile samples were collected via a common bile duct catheter
for 24 h. Infusion of endotoxin incubated with chylomicrons increased biliary excretion of endotoxin by 67%
at 3 h (P 5 0.006) and by 20% at 24 h (P c 0.01) compared with infusion of endotoxin incubated in saline.
Endotoxin activity, as measured by the Limulus assay, was not detected in the bile of test animals. However,
endotoxin activity was detected after hot phenol-water extraction of bile, demonstrating that endotoxin is
inactive in the presence of bile but retains bioactivity after hepatic processing. Since the majority of an
intravenous endotoxin load has been shown to be cleared by the liver, acceleration of hepatocyte clearance and
biliary excretion of endotoxin may represent a component of the mechanism by which chylomicrons protect
against endotoxin-induced lethality.
Chylomicrons to endotoxin reminds me of what lipoprotein(a) is to atherosclerosis. In excess, you're in trouble, but you wouldn't want to completely rid yourself of them either.
Check out the study above about lipase and lps in the blood

Last edited:

NathanK

Really interesting bit he mentions about the GELDING theory (Gut Endotoxin Leading to a Decline IN Gonadal function). I wonder if the LPS came first or the obesity.
Gut Endotoxin Leading to a Decline IN Gonadal function (GELDING) - a novel theory for the development of late onset hypogonadism in obese men

"Currently there is no experimental data supporting a direct link between endotoxin exposure in the male and impaired testosterone production or spermatogenesis. However, studies in women have confirmed an association between endotoxaemia and a reduction in the ovaries capacity to produce the female sex steroid hormone progesterone [46]. Furthermore, there is abundant animal evidence suggesting that endotoxin (LPS) does have the capacity to impair testicular function. Firstly, the experimental administration of LPS to rats, sheep, cattle and non-human primates has been shown to decrease the frequency and amplitude of LH pulses by suppressing both hypothalamic and anterior pituitary function [51], thereby reducing the pituitary drive for Leydig cells to produce testosterone. Secondly, animal studies have also confirmed that Leydig cells express the TLR4 for endotoxin [52], and that experimental administration of LPS directly inhibits Leydig cell production of testosterone [5257]. The direct inhibition of androgen production by endotoxin is most likely mediated by a reduction in Leydig cell expression of steroidogenic acute regulatory (StAR) protein activity [58], a protein that plays a key role in the initial transfer of cholesterol into mitochondria where it is later converted into testosterone.

The activation status of testicular macrophages is also likely to play a role in testosterone production. Leydig cells and macrophages are normally in close physical contact within the testicular interstitium, and under normal conditions these macrophages play a key role in Leydig cell development as they provide essential growth and differentiation factors [58]. However, under immune-stimulatory conditions, as occurs with metabolic endotoxaemia, macrophages produce pro-inflammatory cytokines such as IL-1 and TNFα, plus reactive oxygen species (ROS), all known to reduce steroid hormone production by the adjacent Leydig cell [55, 57, 58]. Furthermore, Leydig cells themselves have been reported to produce inflammatory cytokines (IL-1β, TNFα and IL-6) when exposed to LPS [52], which would result in a further amplification of the neighbouring macrophages state of activation. Interestingly, dampening inflammation using TNFα blocking antibody therapy has been shown to normalise serum testosterone levels in spondylo-arthritis patients [59], highlighting the potential role for inflammation in decreasing testosterone production.

Endotoxin and impaired sperm function
Obesity related endotoxaemia is likely to impair sperm production and function, both directly and indirectly. Firstly, high intra-testicular levels of testosterone are required for normal sperm production. Inadequate levels of testosterone disturbs Sertoli cell function, leading to retention and phagocytosis of mature spermatids [60] and impaired epididymal function, both potentially reducing sperm number and quality. Secondly, human sperm have been reported to express both the TLR4 [61] and the CD14 co-receptor for LPS [62], as well as directly responding to LPS exposure by increasing their production of IL-6 [63], initiating sperm apoptosis and a decline in sperm motility [61, 6466]. Furthermore, as semen is known to contain both LPS and leukocytes [61], it is not surprising that endotoxin exposure would increase seminal leukocyte reactive oxygen species (ROS) production and result in sperm oxidative damage [67, 68]. Seminal plasma neopterin, a marker of macrophage activation status, has been reported to be increased in obese men [69], with seminal plasma neopterin also being positively correlate with sperm oxidative stress, DNA damage and apoptosis [69]. This finding, together with previous publications linking impaired sperm production with an increase in testicular macrophage density [70, 71], all support the concept that a trigger for inflammation such as metabolic endotoxaemia has the potential to impair spermatogenesis and sperm function."

CLASH

@NathanK
Thanks for the lipase study, more to add to the lipid based system as an endotoxin detoxifier.

I think endotoxin precedes obesity:

Poor diet -> bacterial issues in the intestine + other issues like nutrient deficiencies, PUFA accumulation, etc. -> obesity and other diseases

The best way to make cattle obese and create what called bloat is to feed them grain which causes an explosion of acid producing bacteria in the intestine. This leads to endotoxemia, acidosis and death unless the administration of antibiotics. Interestingly enough some of the early or low grade symptoms associated with this state such as laminitis (inflammation of the hoof area) basically mirror autoimmune or inflammatory arthritis. Most if not all autoimmune conditions seems to be infective in origin.The semantics of "auto" immunity or self immunity seems to be a method to sell people on biologic immunosuppressant drugs.

yerrag

The semantics of "auto" immunity or self immunity seems to be a method to sell people on biologic immunosuppressant drugs.
And people fall for this. And they can't be swayed from thinking otherwise. Gershom Zajicek talks about the WOB - the wisdom of the body. When the body has its wisdom, there is no such thing as autoimmunity in the perjorative sense.
The best way to make cattle obese and create what called bloat is to feed them grain which causes an explosion of acid producing bacteria in the intestine. This leads to endotoxemia, acidosis and death unless the administration of antibiotics. Interestingly enough some of the early or low grade symptoms associated with this state such as laminitis (inflammation of the hoof area) basically mirror autoimmune or inflammatory arthritis.
And yet we have no choice but to eat animals raised sick, and worse, dying animals. That taste of salmon is the taste of dying salmon. Same with tilapia.

NathanK

@NathanK
Thanks for the lipase study, more to add to the lipid based system as an endotoxin detoxifier.

I think endotoxin precedes obesity:

Poor diet -> bacterial issues in the intestine + other issues like nutrient deficiencies, PUFA accumulation, etc. -> obesity and other diseases

The best way to make cattle obese and create what called bloat is to feed them grain which causes an explosion of acid producing bacteria in the intestine. This leads to endotoxemia, acidosis and death unless the administration of antibiotics. Interestingly enough some of the early or low grade symptoms associated with this state such as laminitis (inflammation of the hoof area) basically mirror autoimmune or inflammatory arthritis. Most if not all autoimmune conditions seems to be infective in origin.The semantics of "auto" immunity or self immunity seems to be a method to sell people on biologic immunosuppressant drugs.
I feel pretty confident about endotoxin coming first also. It could be acute in some and more progressive in others. Age and length of exposure time isn't kind.

Another possibility that I'm considering is that I almost died from spinal meningitis at 2 months old. Even as healthy as I've tried to live, and I look pretty healthy, I think that is the genesis of a lot of my own gut issues. There are a lot of people that may have suffered from similar, or less severe, endotoxin storms that have never quite recovered. I asked Ray about lowered pituitary hormones years ago and he said it was likely estrogen causing a blockade. It's only recently I've pieced together that that blockade is likely rooted in lps. That's why the GELDING theory was particularly of interest to me. While obesity might be a symptom, I don't think it's necessarily concordant with the cause.

There are certain foods and supplements that help to remove endotoxin before the body needs to recruit the resources to handle it. The lipase study made me wonder if things like digestive enzymes, or even bitters, that people have found relief with may be helping in more ways than speeding up digestion. Sort of like how taurine helps with ALP https://www.ajol.info/index.php/njbas/article/viewFile/125156/114687. Anecdotally, taurine has been a massive addition to my diet over the years and has had profound improvements in my labs across the board. I think it's because of it's assistance in removing LPS

yerrag

I feel pretty confident about endotoxin coming first also. It could be acute in some and more progressive in others. Age and length of exposure time isn't kind.

Another possibility that I'm considering is that I almost died from spinal meningitis at 2 months old. Even as healthy as I've tried to live, and I look pretty healthy, I think that is the genesis of a lot of my own gut issues. There are a lot of people that may have suffered from similar, or less severe, endotoxin storms that have never quite recovered. I asked Ray about lowered pituitary hormones years ago and he said it was likely estrogen causing a blockade. It's only recently I've pieced together that that blockade is likely rooted in lps. That's why the GELDING theory was particularly of interest to me. While obesity might be a symptom, I don't think it's necessarily concordant with the cause.

There are certain foods and supplements that help to remove endotoxin before the body needs to recruit the resources to handle it. The lipase study made me wonder if things like digestive enzymes, or even bitters, that people have found relief with may be helping in more ways than speeding up digestion. Sort of like how taurine helps with ALP https://www.ajol.info/index.php/njbas/article/viewFile/125156/114687. Anecdotally, taurine has been a massive addition to my diet over the years and has had profound improvements in my labs across the board. I think it's because of it's assistance in removing LPS

I'm now dealing with the fallout from an endotoxin storm 5 months back. Just this morning, I took my blood sugar (fasting overnight) and I was surprised to see it being so low, at 66. And prior to the storm, I had been proud that I don't ever get hungry in between meals, and during a day fast, I was able to maintain my blood sugar at 75. At normal times, my blood sugar would be around 85- waking up and in between meals.

I saw my belly bulge, my waist went from 29 to 32, and my weight from 150 to 165. I haven't been this heavy for a long time. That endotoxin storm was brutal. It also caused me to urinate a lot, and I lost a lot of albumin such that my blood volume decreased, and that further increased my blood pressure.

So, I agree with you and @CLASH that endotoxemia precedes obesity. Endotoxins really upset the balance. I don't know if it blocked cells from metabolizing sugar well, the same way PUFA does. Or that it overwhelms the liver to such extent that it messes up the production of glycogen, or that it keeps the liver from converting glycogen to glucose. But it's certainly causing me to get hungry, and to lose sleep - because of low blood sugar.

I think though that it impairs sugar metabolism, slowing it down, causing blood sugar to increase, and the insulin reaction causes blood sugar to drop as the liver converts blood sugar to fat. Over time, this leads to overweight and obesity.

I've been taking taurine at 9g/day mixed with my drinking water for the last 5 days. I'm seeing improved sleep and less waking up at night to urinate. Also eating a lot of gelatin (made from beef and pork tendons - to be free from the possibility of endotoxins ) to provide glycine to help liver with its detox functions.

Still a long way to go though. I'd have to be able to fast a day while maintaining my blood sugar at 75-85 to consider myself fixed.

Btw, I got my endotoxin storm from using a strong dose of proteolytic enzymes together with 200mg doxycycline, another strong dose. This caused the heavy release of bacteria from my arterial plaque (as it was being lysed by enzymes; my plaque houses dormant bacteria from periodontal infection that's been resolved) and the bacteria was being killed by antibiotics. The die-off or endotoxins must have been a lot, and it shocked my system, and the fallout was the impairment of my blood sugar regulation system.

Last edited:

Vinny

I'm now dealing with the fallout from an endotoxin storm 5 months back. Just this morning, I took my blood sugar (fasting overnight) and I was surprised to see it being so low, at 66. And prior to the storm, I had been proud that I don't ever get hungry in between meals, and during a day fast, I was able to maintain my blood sugar at 75. At normal times, my blood sugar would be around 85- waking up and in between meals.

I saw my belly bulge, my waist went from 29 to 32, and my weight from 150 to 165. I haven't been this heavy for a long time. That endotoxin storm was brutal. It also caused me to urinate a lot, and I lost a lot of albumin such that my blood volume decreased, and that further increased my blood pressure.

So, I agree with you and @CLASH that endotoxemia precedes obesity. Endotoxins really upset the balance. I don't know if it blocked cells from metabolizing sugar well, the same way PUFA does. Or that it overwhelms the liver to such extent that it messes up the production of glycogen, or that it keeps the liver from converting glycogen to glucose. But it's certainly causing me to get hungry, and to lose sleep - because of low blood sugar.

I think though that it impairs sugar metabolism, slowing it down, causing blood sugar to increase, and the insulin reaction causes blood sugar to drop as the liver converts blood sugar to fat. Over time, this leads to overweight and obesity.

I've been taking taurine at 9g/day mixed with my drinking water for the last 5 days. I'm seeing improved sleep and less waking up at night to urinate. Also eating a lot of gelatin (made from beef and pork tendons - to be free from the possibility of endotoxins ) to provide glycine to help liver with its detox functions.

Still a long way to go though. I'd have to be able to fast a day while maintaining my blood sugar at 75-85 to consider myself fixed.

Btw, I got my endotoxin storm from using a strong dose of proteolytic enzymes together with 200mg doxycycline, another strong dose. This caused the heavy release of bacteria from my arterial plaque (as it was being lysed by enzymes; my plaque houses dormant bacteria from periodontal infection that's been resolved) and the bacteria was being killed by antibiotics. The die-off or endotoxins must have been a lot, and it shocked my system, and the fallout was the impairment of my blood sugar regulation system.
Yerrag, how are you planning to generally solve your endotoxin issues, which you mention in almost all of your posts I read? Did you purchase the Chinese shmonky-ponky herbal mix you spoke of it once, if I remember correctly?
Am askin, coz due to a very sensitive (may be screwed up) pancreas, am left with very little armament to fix mine. Can't tolerate at all anything even slightly irritating, that makes the buggies die, like garlic, essential oils, spices, vinegar etc. Doxycycline gave me a brutal pebble poop, who knows what other antibiotics might cause ....
Am trying now some Bulgarian propolis, nothing seems to change so far.
Next in the list is megadosing vit C, but that's probably too much of an acid for my poor little gland...
If not the vit C, last thing it comes to mind, that my pancreas would probably handle is colloidal silver - have no idea of its side effects though....
What do you think?

yerrag

Yerrag, how are you planning to generally solve your endotoxin issues, which you mention in almost all of your posts I read? Did you purchase the Chinese shmonky-ponky herbal mix you spoke of it once, if I remember correctly?
Am askin, coz due to a very sensitive (may be screwed up) pancreas, am left with very little armament to fix mine. Can't tolerate at all anything even slightly irritating, that makes the buggies die, like garlic, essential oils, spices, vinegar etc. Doxycycline gave me a brutal pebble poop, who knows what other antibiotics might cause ....
Am trying now some Bulgarian propolis, nothing seems to change so far.
Next in the list is megadosing vit C, but that's probably too much of an acid for my poor little gland...
If not the vit C, last thing it comes to mind, that my pancreas would probably handle is colloidal silver - have no idea of its side effects though....
What do you think?
The Chinese herb Si Wu Tang seemed to increase the endotoxin effects. It may be working as an antibiotic and increasing the die-off. So I stopped it after a day. It may still be helpful for its antibiotic effects one day.

First of all, I have to be patient with resolving this endotoxin issue. As measured as I was, I wasn't able to keep myself from falling into the trap of overdosing. This led to the endotoxin storm. Instead of solving my high blood pressure, I now have to first deal with the fallout from this storm - blood sugar issues of which overweight is a symptom. Now, I'm using taurine and gelatin - taurine to improve glycogen production (while minimimizing urinary albumin loss) and gelatin to improve the detoxing ability of the liver, which can be overwhelmed by endotoxins. I'm also taking long chain saturated fats such as cocoa butter and stearyl alcohol - to increase chylomicrons which transport endotoxins to the liver for excretion. Also continue taking cooked green leaves, as the insoluble cellulose fiber helps absorb the bile and endotoxins that come with it, to minimize endotoxins from recirculating back with digestion (as bile is used to emulsify dietary fats). I continue with drinking fruit juices for potassium and sugar, and I continue drinking milk and taking eggshell powder (with coffee and milk).

Along with that, I'm building blood volume as I believe my blood volume has gone even lower due to the endotoxin storm. For that to happen, I eat more meat, and I find ways to minimize the usage of albumin to deal with the effects of endotoxin (albumin is used as an anti-oxidant; albumin also binds to endotoxins to transport endotoxins out of the body; low albumin leads to low blood volume). I take more vitamin C to keep albumin from being used as an anti-oxidant.

I hope all this will get my blood sugar control back. Once it's back, I can start to fast and be assured I'm not going to get sick from having low blood sugar. With a dry fast, I hope to see my blood pressure go down as a confirmation that my body is producing a protein called LL-37, which is useful in deactivating endotoxins. I hope to slowly increase my dry fasting length, so that I could reach a dry fast length of 4 days.

I hope to see my CBC blood test monocyte level go down from 7% to 2-3%, which I think is a good measure of endotoxin levels in my blood.

I hope to get another Chinese herb blend that is more of an endotoxin antagonist/neutralizer/deactivator than an antibiotic. Will have to order one to see if it can help. Will have to buy and try.

Since you also have a lot of foam in your pee, it would interest you to know that I monitor the amount of foam in my pee. I hope that they will subsde, and when they do, I believe it's because no more albumin is being excreted, and I think that it can only happen when bacteria and endotoxins are at low enough levels in the blood that not much albumin in used up to counter their effects, and at this stage, serum albumin is less likely to be excreted through urine.

NathanK

Taurine also plays a big role in WBC-neutrophils, which would, in the least, help with the inflammatory response and blood pathogens. Were your neutrophils in range in your labs?

9g/day is hefty dose. I could probably do that, but my stools would probably turn to sludge within a week from excess bile. I'm currently on a more maintenance dose at about 10g total a week. That's only because I create my own isolated protein mix (a bit different than the MPS mix made popular by Haidut and used around here).

I'm actually going to try Ray's mushroom soup tonight to see if it helps. I'm still in a little bit of a recovery from Thanksgiving holiday. I've taken a spoonful of charcoal about 3x in the past week for good measure. Oatmeal seems to help as well. My theory on insoluble fiber is it helps to remove endotoxin before LDL is needed to clear it. Endotoxin blocks "receptors" in the liver that prevents LDL clearance and that's why fiber tends lower cholesterol (or it could just be the beta glucans, which are also found in mushrooms). If this is the case, then I don't see why LPS wouldn't block other activities in the liver that has systemic effects. My blood sugar and pressure has always been in check, though.

I can say that losing weight can be an issue for me. I don't try to lose weight to lose weight, but only if I can minimize muscle loss. I've noticed that the only times it seems I can accomplish this is when I can lower my endotoxin burden (I'm not personally a fan of fasting even though the gut rest is probably beneficial). It's remarkable really. Lowering my load can be a real challenge and I have not always taken it as seriously as I do now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals