Saturated Fats And Mitochondrias

paymanz

What is the fatty acid profile of fully hydrogenated vegetable oil?!

I'm sure its not is good as CO,at least.

But I'm curious to know if anyone knows please.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yeah, most of the store brands have hydrogenated oil in them, (JIF, Skippy, Peter Pan etc) except for the "natural" peanut butter..(Smuckers) which I was eating before peating, because it was supposed to be better for you not having trans-fats in it. I just want to now know if hydrogenated peanut butter is ok once in a while, peat-wise, being that Haidut said hydrogenated peanut butter has saturated fat in it.
* I just want my bananas and peanut butter!* :hungry::arghh::p
Oddly enough I have an old jar of Jiff peanut butter that I just I dug out of the back of my cabinet. Listed on the ingredients is fully hydrogenated vegetable oil. According to the label a serving only contains 2.5 grams of saturated fat so the remaining 13.5 grams of fat is some combination of PUFA and MUFA. It looks like even if the added fat is fully hydrogenated the natural oils from the peanuts themselves are not.
I know they make this dehydrated peanut product that dieters mix with water to get a peanut taste without the fat. I've never looked into it myself so I can't personally recommend it but it might be an option if you really want peanut butter but you don't want all the PUFA. It's called PB2 and here is a link to the nutrition label.
Calories in Pb2 - Calorie, Fat, Carb, Fiber, & Protein Info

Last edited:

amethyst

:shifty::wacky:
Oddly enough I have an old jar of Jiff peanut butter that I just I dug out of the back of my cabinet. Listed on the ingredients is fully hydrogenated vegetable oil. According to the label a serving only contains 2.5 grams of saturated fat so the remaining 13.5 grams of fat is some combination of PUFA and MUFA. It looks like even if the added fat is fully hydrogenated the natural oils from the peanuts themselves are not.
I know they make this dehydrated peanut product that dieters mix with water to get a peanut taste without the fat. I've never looked into it myself so I can't personally recommend it but it might be an option if you really want peanut butter but you don't want all the PUFA.
Blossom, how OLD is that peanut butter??????????:jawdrop: You better throw that out gurl! Probably has mold! :lol: Yeah, I know. I 've got old weird stuff hiding in my cabinets too that I've forgotten about :smuggrin:
So, actually, I devised a compromise. I mixed coconut oil into my PNB........ but really, it was....not so good:yuck: peanut butter and coconut oil don't go together

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Blossom, how OLD is that peanut butter??????????:jawdrop: You better throw that out gurl! Probably has mold! :lol: Yeah, I know. I 've got old weird stuff hiding in my cabinets too that I've forgotten about :smuggrin:
I know!!!! I did paleo for a while before landing here and back then I wouldn't eat it because it had too many carbs. :bucktooth:
I'm guessing it's 5 years old but still no mold.:nailbiting:
Sorry you're experiment didn't work out but heck you can't blame a girl for trying.:kiss:

amethyst

hahahahahaha.....:lol: Your PNB prolly has so many preservatives in it that mold doesn't stand a chance. .remind me not to buy JIF hahaha.....like Mcdonald's hamburgers -they never decompose

Ras

What is the fatty acid profile of fully hydrogenated vegetable oil?!

I'm sure its not is good as CO,at least.

But I'm curious to know if anyone knows please.
Look at the next-to-last page of this document.

Attachments

• Coconut Oil 92 degree - TDS - TKB Trading.pdf
    125.4 KB · Views: 36

paymanz

Look at the next-to-last page of this document.
Thanks, it seems to be mostly steric and plmitic acid.
Comparing to plain CO on nutritiondata.

However I think with similar paper on a fully hydrogenated oil like soy oil the comparison can be more bold and meaningful.

D

Deleted member 5487

CO effect on 5-AR reductase lowering is too much for my Allopregnenolone and messes with my mental health, Cocoa butter steraic acid is to androgenic and messes with my hairline.

Small doses of Unhomogonized Cream with OJ/Coffee and meals seems to keep low fat "symptoms" largely at bay. You can also easily control the dosing, just use a tablespoon 1-2 with coffee and OJ.

The Problem isn't fat making you fat, too much fat at once with high insulin spiking meals like potatos/fatty meat. Ice Cream is also way to dense.

Small doses keep hormones optimized, cells saturated, and buffer FFA/PUFA.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals