Saturated Fat Improves My Verbal Fluency

Anders86

I would like to try Cacao butter sometimes. Seems very Peaty and very tastey :)

But back to my issue, I know stress is definitely involved. I can talk to myself, family and wife with perfectly fluency 99.9% of time. Talking to boss, hot or miss. Sometimes I feel like I can handle the stress of speaking with perfect fluency, other times the stress shuts me down and I am choking trying to get a sentence out. I am tempted to try pregnenolone as I have seen some success with that.

Pregnenolone is GABA`ergic so you are on right track.

YourUniverse

I notice when I am stressed, I crave chocolate above all else, and it seems chocolate fat heals better than any other fat, more than coconut oil, butter or ghee.

I wonder if chocolate does anything in particular towards healing punctures/ulcerations in the gut, or towards reducing endotoxin absorption (both issues are one in the same, generally speaking)

lvysaur

So it doesn't actually improve your verbal fluency, it improves your confidence

raypeatclips

I notice when I am stressed, I crave chocolate above all else, and it seems chocolate fat heals better than any other fat, more than coconut oil, butter or ghee.

I wonder if chocolate does anything in particular towards healing punctures/ulcerations in the gut, or towards reducing endotoxin absorption (both issues are one in the same, generally speaking)

Literally just Googled "cocoa endotoxin" and this popped up, interesting!

Dietary Cocoa Reduces Metabolic Endotoxemia and Adipose Tissue Inflammation in High-Fat Fed Mice

"In conclusion, the present study has shown for the first time that long-term cocoa supplementation can reduce AT inflammation in HF-fed mice by down-regulating NF-κB target gene expression and modulating eicosanoid metabolism. Although further studies are needed, our results suggest that dietary cocoa powder can exert anti-inflammatory activity in part by modulating gut barrier function and metabolic endotoxemia. These results provide a putative mechanism of action which is congruent with the reported low bioavailability of cocoa polyphenols and high fiber content in cocoa powder."

Frankdee20

Alcohol withdrawal messes up my ability to communicate elaborately. It’s like overfiring neurons prevent congruency

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I think it's GABA related. Whenever I have abused GABAergic compounds (I'm talking drugs), and I inevitably endure the withdrawal period that follows, I can really trip over my words and I become on the fringes of stutters. Sometimes I can't even get a word out and I either have to avoid the word and change direction in what I am saying, or I just abandon it and take 5 minutes.

Drinking too much coffee (which I also do each day), can also aggravate this state for me. But taking taurine at the same time helps a lot.

Back in the day when I used to take piracetam, and the stuff made me hypomanic, my verbal fluency was off the scale (well, that was my personal interpretation of it at the time, haha). Piracetam is supposed to enhance how the left and right areas of the brain work together.

Piracetam is also synthesised from GABA.

Waynish

Maybe carb metabolism issue, but I suspect some infection-driven reaction slowed by the slower fuel that is fat. Cutting carbs works for a bit too? Have you tried antibiotics or stuff like cyproheptadine?

peatyfoody

No other macro ratios, sugar, starch...anything....can be comparable with the effect of dark chocolate on my digestion. Magnesium, prebiotic, good fat, caffeine...I do not know which one particularly, because I do not get the same effect isolated, like from supplemental magnesium etc. I can be severely constipated and I have a general tendency towards constipation....from everything. With more fruit, sugar and less starch I am more regular though, but even too much potatoes/rice can make me constipated. (too much is 2 servings...) I could live on pasta and sourdough as my only starch sources because unlike potatoes and rice, I crave the first ones always... but pasta is not a peaty thing I know. And they shut down my digestion...
I usually go 1x a day, in the morning, but 2 pieces of dark chocolate with a cup of milk can do the job even in the afternoon.

YourUniverse

What's the deal with chocolate? Why is it so uniquely effective, is it the cocoa butter? Nothing in the world gives me a zest for life like chocolate, and zest is the key ingredient to verbal fluency, at least for me. Enthusiasm, life. Chocolate fills me with it.

I feel like, when consumed with water or liquids, it creates a beautiful internal moisturizer, patching things up as it travels along. I can't help but feel this is part of its power.

Last edited:

Anders86

In Ray`s Cholesterol, longevity, intelligence, and health article.

"In the Framingham heart study of 1894 people extending over a period of about 20 years, people with cholesterol naturally in the "desirable" range, below 200 mg.%, scored lower on "verbal fluency, attention/concentration, abstract reasoning, and a composite score measuring multiple cognitive domains" than those with higher cholesterol (Elias, et al., 2005)."

OP
S

stsfut

"In the Framingham heart study of 1894 people extending over a period of about 20 years, people with cholesterol naturally in the "desirable" range, below 200 mg.%, scored lower on "verbal fluency, attention/concentration, abstract reasoning, and a composite score measuring multiple cognitive domains" than those with higher cholesterol (Elias, et al., 2005)."
Well I have always had elevated LDL and triglycerides. I do believe thyroid is behind it for me. So maybe it has less to do with cholesterol/thyroid, but ultimately pregnenolone and the hormones derived from pregnenolone?

Anders86

Well I have always had elevated LDL and triglycerides. I do believe thyroid is behind it for me. So maybe it has less to do with cholesterol/thyroid, but ultimately pregnenolone and the hormones derived from pregnenolone?

I thought LDL and Thyroid are synergistic? Wouldn`t high HDL and triglycerides be more Thyroid related?

I have no knowledge about this, but I thought the quote was relevant for this thread :):

YourUniverse

Interesting, so is that to mean that people with low LDL and high HDL had worse fluency?

Anders86

Interesting, so is that to mean that people with low LDL and high HDL had worse fluency?

I believe high HDL and low LDL is a recipe for hypothyroidism as HDL seems pretty inactive, at least in thyroid synergism. So I guess the study is saying "raising LDL increases verbal fluency"...

I do get increased verbal fluency from saturated fatty acids, but I also notice increased fluency on a low fat diet with Cholesterol powder and Defibron.
I guess the Cholesterol powder increases LDL or balances out LDL/HDL?

I was born and raised on Omega 3(I live in Norway), also ate it consistently in pretty high amounts(Bodybuilding) until I found Peat. I would not be surprised if I had high HDL.

Last edited:

YourUniverse

I believe high HDL and low LDL is a recipe for hypothyroidism as HDL seems pretty inactive, at least in thyroid synergism. So I guess the study is saying "raising LDL increases verbal fluency"...

I do get increased verbal fluency from saturated fatty acids, but I also notice increased fluency on a low fat diet with Cholesterol powder and Defibron.
I guess the Cholesterol powder increases LDL or balances out LDL/HDL?

I was born and raised on Omega 3(I live in Norway), also ate it consistently in pretty high amounts(Bodybuilding) until I found Peat. I would not be surprised if I had high HDL.
Well thats good news, sugar is a great way to increase LDL

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals