Saturated Fat Causing High Blood Sugar?

Ryan999

As the guy in this video demonstrates the saturated fat is responsible for high blood sugar and not PUFA. Can someone clarify if you have the time?

tankasnowgod

As the guy in this video demonstrates the saturated fat is responsible for high blood sugar and not PUFA. Can someone clarify if you have the time?

I don't see that demonstrated in the video at all. All I see in the video is a single study cited from 1927 that compared a higher carb diet to a higher fat diet, and the general promotion of plant based diets and fruitarianism. I don't know how you could make any claim about saturated fat vs. PUFA from that study.

Here's the study- DIETARY FACTORS THAT INFLUENCE THE DEXTROSE TOLERANCE TEST

Agent207

Long-term high fat diet -no matter the fat type- will promote insulin resistance by its own.
Long-term high fruit diet / fructose most likely will promote insulin resistance by its own.
Long-term excess calories for your expenditure will promote insulin resistance by its own.

Bodhi

Long-term high fat diet -no matter the fat type- will promote insulin resistance by its own.
Long-term high fruit diet / fructose most likely will promote insulin resistance by its own.
Long-term excess calories for your expenditure will promote insulin resistance by its own.

Thanks god Peat does not promotes any foods on their OWN

There are so many more factors like the sort of protein we ingest, the minerals, and vitamins ....

OP
R

Ryan999

This was the very helpful reply from Haidut..

"Saturated fats, and especially palmitic acid, are some of the most potent stimulators of the enzyme pyruvate dehydrogenase (PDH) which is primarily responsible for metabolizing sugar beyond glycolysis. Also, saturated fat has good effects on mitochondria, while PUFA damages it during oxidation and also PUFA acts like insulin receptor antagonist. So, PUFA is a direct case of diabetes via multiple pathways. This has been discussed many times on the forum so I suggest you search for more info there.
Just my 2c."

I'll continue to research this forum

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals