Saturated Fat Allows Bacteria To Translocate

Cirion

That's the thing, I think you feel like mixing carbs and fats in one meal is "majoring in the minors", but I don't. In fact, I feel like it could be the source of almost all problems in the first place.

You are correct, I've changed my mind on a lot, but every time - I've not regressed or backpedaled, although it may seem that way. Every time, I've learned some new piece of the puzzle.

Protein good/bad -> Learned that too high is bad, too low is bad. Learned that the optimal is in the middle.
Carbs/fat good/bad, Keto bad/good, High carb VLF good/bad-> Learned that the randle cycle is the real culprit.

Just to name a couple. Your comment is totally fair, but I have refined my theories with every experiment I've done. I'm not just going back and forth but I can see how it might look that way. I'm interested in optimal health and feeling like a million bucks so I'm not settling for just restricting calories for example. That's what I did for the first 4-5 years of beginning my health journey and I NEVER felt good forcefully restricting calories, I will NEVER go back to that.

Last edited:

Ron J

RP himself tends to eat lower fat this is true. However, a lot of people on these forums mis-represent his views and/or mis-interpret them. Also, there are many people that as we speak are actively eating high-fat diets and one or two that are even eating keto (don't ask me why the keto people are even here LOL). Nathan hatch is a well known name (because of his book he wrote) that also promotes pretty high fat eating (he said he ate a stick of butter a day during recovery lol).

For a while I was holding the view you have and of RP.

Now, I'm starting to think though the issue is NOT fat, nor is it carbs (like keto advocates say) - it is the MIXING of fats and carbs that is the problem (Randle cycle). So this means - no more ice cream, no more fatty milk, no more cheese WITH orange juice, no more butter with starch, etcetera... BUT cheese alone, low fat milks, starch alone, butter with low fat carbs (like cook veggies in butter), are OK...

Now, I personally blame Ice cream as the #1 reason I got fat. Ice cream is loaded with fat AND sugar. A horrible combo for randle cycle. It's worth noting I always got bad brain fog after eating ice cream. Now I know why.
So far it's what I've been doing and losing weight. Although I'm restricting calories, so I wont know for sure until I go back to maintenance.
By mixing both macros, I meant the minimum for proper absorption; If I remember correctly, it's about 30g of fat for Vit K2. If that causes fat gain, fat solubles can be consumed less often. The transdermal route is the other option for those who can't keep weight off with minimal fat consumption.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom