SAM-E & TMG Question

OP
M

member 6316

Overmethylators are usually high in copper/estrogen. This is what causes the overmethylation so u take things that lower copper. Zinc is a good one, magnesium is good, vitamin c, p5p in low doses.

Would start with something like:

2x20mg zinc
1gr vitamin c
20mg p5p
800mg magnesium

See how u feel. If you dont feel good on this i would drop the p5p since it makes some people better and some people worse. Zinc vitamin c and magnesium are definitely good.
so some vitamins that i can get from food is gonna fix it? sounds too good to be true or should i say too easy to be true

Amber

Yes. Overmethylation is simply a copper toxicity problem. Vitamin c, zinc and p5p are antagonistic to copper. Magnesium calms u down and lowers stress.

OP
M

member 6316

Yes. Overmethylation is simply a copper toxicity problem. Vitamin c, zinc and p5p are antagonistic to copper. Magnesium calms u down and lowers stress.
so anyone with a bad diet can have this or is it genetics?

Amber

so anyone with a bad diet can have this or is it genetics?

Both. Excess copper stimulates high neurotransmitter production and thats all there is to overmethylation. Excess neurotransmitters cause those symptoms. There are people with genetic defects, definitely. Lots of different mutations, but you can't find that out without bloodtests.

Im not convinced that over/undermethylation are real conditions. For me, either someone has a mutation that impairs the methylation or someone has certain nutrient deficiencies that cause the symptoms. Like in the case of overmethylation, its specific nutrient deficiencies (zinc, vitamin c, b6/p5p, sometimes manganese) that cause another nutrient (copper) to overaccumulate and disrupt proper metabolism.

OP
M

member 6316

Both. Excess copper stimulates high neurotransmitter production and thats all there is to overmethylation. Excess neurotransmitters cause those symptoms. There are people with genetic defects, definitely. Lots of different mutations, but you can't find that out without bloodtests.

Im not convinced that over/undermethylation are real conditions. For me, either someone has a mutation that impairs the methylation or someone has certain nutrient deficiencies that cause the symptoms. Like in the case of overmethylation, its specific nutrient deficiencies (zinc, vitamin c, b6/p5p, sometimes manganese) that cause another nutrient (copper) to overaccumulate and disrupt proper metabolism.
alright.. im gonna try it but i highly doubt it will work . so just those 4 supplements? Why sometimes manganese? manganese does something else?

Amber

Manganese lowers copper in the liver, but i'd try to get manganese from food.

If you want, you can raise the dose of the supplements when you feel like its working.

OP
M

member 6316

Manganese lowers copper in the liver, but i'd try to get manganese from food.

If you want, you can raise the dose of the supplements when you feel like its working.
i have a supplement with all these 4 ingredients but it also has a lot of other stuff to here are the ingredients:https://d2wu4z6q8vok4i.cloudfront.net/media/contenttype/Primal_MasterFormula_Facts.jpg anyway I will be getting: 20mg p5p,
30mg zinc,
400 mg magnesium &
1g vitamin c.....

is that enough? how long do i need to take it

(EDIT) just realised this has some other ingredients that are bad for me,, tmg, copper etc

Amber

Taking them all together doesn't work.

Take magnesium in doses of 400mg together with the p5p

Take zinc before going to bed

Take vitamin c away from all other vitamins

Do not eat any calcium rich foods when taking any of these vitamins it will block their absorption.

Dave Clark

Depends on what scares you more, methionine or homocysteine. If you are an undermethylator and have high homocysteine levels, TMG is effective at reducing those levels (homocysteine being implicated in cardiovascular disease).

OP
M

member 6316

Amber do you know if high levels of homocystein causes overproduction of serotonin?

OP
M

member 6316

are there any sources on taking vitamin c, zinc etc for overmethytlation?i wanna know where you got that from. @Amber

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals