Salted Fruit Milk

Pointless

This stuff is divine. It's from the gods. I call it "ambrosia".

SALTED FRUIT MILK!!!

1 can fruit juice concentrate
1/2 gallon of fat free or 1% milk
1 tsp salt (up to a tablespoon for therapeutic purposes but doesn't taste as good)
1/2 tsp baking soda (prevents it from curdling and makes it a little fizzy)

STIR IT UP

GOOD STUFF

:cow::D:tongue:

inspired by @Meatbag 's post Hair Loss Screwed Me Up

OP
Pointless

Pointless

It is. It tastes like drinking ice cream. The baking soda makes the taste a little off, but acidic fruits like lime or other citrus will curdle the milk. It's not too bad curdled, but it tastes a little sour, and there are cheesy bits in it. If you use grape, you can get away with no baking soda.

I've been using grape, limeade, cranberry-rasberry, and apple. Maybe some of these are Peatier than others, but I don't take to orange very well.

It's like orange milk, but it's more sugary than milk and less water stress than straight orange juice and milk.

Must try this. Special mention for Morir soñando.

OP
Pointless

Pointless

The big issue right now is the baking soda either making the taste off or making it explode all over the place. But without baking soda, acidic fruits can make the milk curdle. Like I said in the recipe, STIR, don't use a blender. So report back with your experiments.

The trick is keeping ingredients very cold and they won't curdle even without baking soda.

lindsay

Any thoughts on how this would work blended (in a mixer) with powdered milk? Would the powdered form of milk prevent curdling without the need for baking soda? It's wicked hot today and I need something cool to drink. Just made a delicious iced latte blended and this sounds like another great idea?

OP
Pointless

Pointless

Experimentation is the path to knowledge, lindsay! But coatue said in a conversation with me that he tried it in a blender with baking soda and OJ, and it exploded.

coatue

Hi Lindsay yeah it exploded all over when I blended it with frozen OJ concentrate. Shaking it did the same thing. Slow stir in a big pitcher is the only way around it when using backing soda. It's pretty good though. It tastes like a salty orange sherbert haha. May want to reduce salt levels but not sure whether to reduce baking soda or the original 1 tsp of salt.

OP
Pointless

Pointless

Sometimes this dehydrates me, even with all the liquid, so the salt is not essential.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals