Salt Or Baking Soda?

southcesar

Hi, is there any difference between drinking water with salt or drinking water with baking soda? The only difference I imagine is that the salt has iodine. Any thoughts?

Auslander

Baking soda will neutralize your stomach acid. Not something you'd want to be doing.

cyclops

I think if you want to take baking soda reacting it completely in vinegar to make sodium acetate is a good/better way of doing it.

tara

Hi, is there any difference between drinking water with salt or drinking water with baking soda? The only difference I imagine is that the salt has iodine. Any thoughts?
Context.
Sodium bicarbonate has a higher pH, and provides bicarbonate along with sodium. Peat has mentioned that bicarbonates can have their benefits.

Sodium chloride (table salt) provides chloride. Stomach acid is requires some chloride. If it's iodised salt, it provides iodine. If your diet is otherwise devoid of or excessive in iodine, that could be relevant.

If you know whether you tend to run more acid or more alkaline, that could be relevant.
If you are wanting to try some specific sodium bicarbonate protocol, then NaCl is unlikely to have the same effect.

If you don't have any specific goals, then I'd go by taste.
I salt food to taste, and have been known to add a little baking soda to OJ from time to time.

OP
S

southcesar

Context.
Sodium bicarbonate has a higher pH, and provides bicarbonate along with sodium. Peat has mentioned that bicarbonates can have their benefits.

Sodium chloride (table salt) provides chloride. Stomach acid is requires some chloride. If it's iodised salt, it provides iodine. If your diet is otherwise devoid of or excessive in iodine, that could be relevant.

If you know whether you tend to run more acid or more alkaline, that could be relevant.
If you are wanting to try some specific sodium bicarbonate protocol, then NaCl is unlikely to have the same effect.

If you don't have any specific goals, then I'd go by taste.
I salt food to taste, and have been known to add a little baking soda to OJ from time to time.
Thxx!

berk

not healthy if you on a peat diet.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals